Anyone Concerned About The Defense??... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Concerned About The Defense??...

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I know we've played three games without allowing a TD, but are we really that good defensively?? I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I'm seriously concerned with the way things have been going on defense....

I wasn't able to attend the game yesterday, but I must say that watching it on TV was a defensive nightmare. I'm shocked that we won quite frankly, and any other team with half an offense would have beaten us with ease in my opinion. You can't play that poorly on defense an expect to beat any playoff contenders....

I don't want to sound like I'm nit picking here, but when your TOP is doubled by an offensive as inept as SF's, something needs to be looked at in my opinion. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but we've been bending things way too much for my comfort, especially with what lies ahead for us....

FINAL NOTE : I'm very proud of this team as a whole, and they've already exceeded all of my pre-season expectations. I couldn't be more pleased with how Ireland / Parcells / Sparano have begun to rebuild our future. I don't want anyone to think that this thread is a complaint, I love what we have, it's merely a voice of concern at a critical stage of the season....

IN TUNA WE TRUST!!!....

Of corse their is concern to us IMO. We can't expect a dominant D until we get more than 1 real playmaker that shows up every game and a decent secondary to help Will Allen IMO. We have 3 first day picks next year and when more talent comes the problems will be easily be resolved. I try not to expect a dominant game on either side of the ball this year but I salute and cheer the efforts of each for accomplishing what they have already this year. These guys are setting records in a new system and in in year one of the regime and so -called rebuilding. I find it very hard to ask for more from them.

The 9ers played us the same way we have been playing others...short passes with runs mixed in...nothing special...just keep the chains moving. It is a formula that takes a real game manager, like we have in Pennington. Not all teams can do it. I was actually impressed with Hall yesterday and think they may have found their QB of the future...Alex Smith...get used to the bench when you come back.

No, I am not concerned with the defense. We are playing well. We are not giving up big plays, and that is main concern. We are also stopping them in the red zone once the field gets compacted in close....

San Francisco may have been offensively inept to begin the season, but Shaun Hill is going to be a very good player for San francisco. He is smart, doesn't turn the ball over much and very accurate, much like Pennington. I think a lot of credit also goes to Mike Martz for his game planning. He spread us out and almost always had someone chipping or double teaming Porter. We could have easily had like seven or eight sack in this game, but Hill has very good pocket presence and would buy extra time in the pocket and finding an open guy. I don't know about you guys, but Bruce was very good yestserday in getting open in one on one coverage. Hats of to San Fran, they played well and had a chance to win late in the game,

BUT our defense also stepped up as well and even though they were on the field for almost 65% of the game, they came up big when they had to. The offense dissapeared on the team late, but our D definatley showed up. Hats off to our D and their tenacity in the red zone. No TDs allowed in three straight games, home many teams have done that this season? Not many I would suspect. Great game Phins.

No. Our defense is fine but I would like to see our offense open up a little bit. We are playing pretty safe football right now which limits turnovers. So I guess thats a plus.

I've been concerned with our D for a long time, the second new england game, houston, and arizona all showed what a good offense can do against us. Now, to be honest san frans O is not bad, i'm not surprized they did as well as they did against us.

Can our defense be improved... yes and that will be addressed during the offseason. Right now I really don't know what else you want from them, their holding teams to FG's and getting the occasional turnover. That's pretty awesome one year removed from not being able to stop anybody.

If our offense can muster a few more points it would take alot of pressure off the defense and allow them to attack more instead of the bend but don't break concept that were playing right now.

I'm still more concerned with our D up the middle . . . I have seen Steven Jackson gash us, Julius Jones was gashing us up the middle and Foster was running with some tuffness up the middle yesterday.

Secondary, I mean it is what it is . . . if we get pressure up front, we can compete . . . if we blitz and we don't get there, that is a disaster. I have been feeling those CB/S blitzes that we have been using . . . I think that is a great way to get pressure on the QB.

I think this defense is EXTREMELY underrated. We have one of the better CB's in the league with Will Allen and Bell is proving to be one of the better safeties when he is healthy, we have arguably a top 3 LB in Joey Porter and up front, Vonnie is pretty well known as well. I think u mix that with guys like Langford, Starks, Ferguson, Merling, Crowder, Roth, Goodman, Renaldo Hill, Ayodele . . . this defense is pretty decent.

I am more concerned with an offense that goes 1-7 in 3rd down conversions and almost get doubled up in TOP, and doesn't score in the second half, than a D that hasn't given up a TD in 3 games.

I know we've played three games without allowing a TD, but are we really that good defensively?? I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I'm seriously concerned with the way things have been going on defense....

I wasn't able to attend the game yesterday, but I must say that watching it on TV was a defensive nightmare. I'm shocked that we won quite frankly, and any other team with half an offense would have beaten us with ease in my opinion. You can't play that poorly on defense an expect to beat any playoff contenders....

I don't want to sound like I'm nit picking here, but when your TOP is doubled by an offensive as inept as SF's, something needs to be looked at in my opinion. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but we've been bending things way too much for my comfort, especially with what lies ahead for us....

FINAL NOTE : I'm very proud of this team as a whole, and they've already exceeded all of my pre-season expectations. I couldn't be more pleased with how Ireland / Parcells / Sparano have begun to rebuild our future. I don't want anyone to think that this thread is a complaint, I love what we have, it's merely a voice of concern at a critical stage of the season....

IN TUNA WE TRUST!!!....
I don't think you are complainting but you have got to remember what our defense did last week against the Bills even tho we only won but a little our defense played lights out...

I am more concerned with an offense that goes 1-7 in 3rd down conversions and almost get doubled up in TOP, and doesn't score in the second half, than a D that hasn't given up a TD in 3 games.

Absolutely! I think we are all aware that our D is not without holes, but no TD's in 3 straight games! Are you kidding me!

I am far more concerned with the offense coming out of the gate with a couple of quick scores and then going to sleep the rest of the game. Are they sandbagging or something? :err:

I echo the sentiment of my fellow posters: I'm more "concerned" about the offense right now and it's lackluster performance after they score a touchdown or two. I don't believe we can be as conservative against the Chiefs and the Jets as KC will be looking to play spoiler and the Jets will be looking to win the division. We've got to go in to those games with the mind set of scoring as many points as possible, but maintain our error-free mentality as well. So, if our defense continue to play bend-but-don't-break football for the last two games, and the offense can find its spark, there's no reason to believe that the Dolphins won't win the division!

watching it on TV was a defensive nightmare.

Uh, they allowed 9 points...they had 5 sacks. Did I mention they allowed 9 points while our offence did virtually nothing after scoring 14?

Nightmares this season included the Arizona game and the second New England game. That was painful. They may have 'bent' a lot on Sunday but giving up 9 points with the lack of possession time from the offence is hardly nightmarish.

IN TUNA WE TRUST!!!....

Glad to see you posting again bro.

I'm certainly concerned about the defense...and offense for that matter. The way I look at the whole thing, to be in this position was completely unexpected so we're playing with house money as far as I'm concerned. If we can somehow make the playoffs, I'll be ecstatic. The type of football this team plays allows us to be in every game and be in position to win every game late. Even with the concerns on defense, they are still finding a way.

We're still missing some pieces of both side of the ball, no doubt. So maybe its a very good sign that we are closing out all these games unlike last year. We're winning with a philosophy vs winning with pure talent. If we continue to use that philosophy and add the playmakers on offense/defense, you have to feel good about the future.

Back
Top Bottom