Anyone concerned about the defense? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone concerned about the defense?

word to anyone who watches instincts...dansby is lost.

we have serious problems with the CB and S.

actually, they played ok if you consider going against what they went against. Rishard is one example where he doesnt match up well against a teams best receiver. Smith was better but still, you cant cover Johnson without shaking his azz up some.

The center of our defensive problems is on Dansby and Burnett. They are lost, probly still out of sorts and overpaid. just give it time. change is coming. obama better not win or we are all screwed.

Not Double Covering Andre Johnson was not a smart move by the coaches and it cost the Defense. I also felt that the middle of the field was again a vulnerable spot for the LB's and CB not covering well enough throughout the game. The LB's had their moments in coverage, but could have been better. The rush Defense was again good and like how Kheeston Randall saw a lot of playing time. The pass rush could have been better IMO. All in all they surprised me with enough of positives to think they can be a very good defense, once they get in sync with the new scheme and coordinator.

Overall I thought the defense played MUCH better than I was expecting. But then again I predicted we would finish the season 25th or worse in total defense. There are some big issues that must be addressed but I thought they played pretty darn well. Dansby needs to be an OLB, and we need a intelligent MLB who can make plays. But like the coach said we need a starting point to see what we have, now we know. We are going to learn alot about what we have during next game. How will we adjust, how does the coaches fix the problem of RT getting passes batted down, who will we pick up this week at WR, can Armstrong and get up to speed with playbook and become a bigger part of offense. Those are the questions that have to be answered.

I could copy and paste posts from the last 4 seasons. The front 7 looked strong and great against the run, while the secondary needs improvement. I have no idea why Sean Smith still cannot find the ball when it is in the air. He had nice positioning on Andre on the TD catch and then turned in towards the middle of the field as the ball reached Andre. I mean, its not like he never played WR. Track the damn ball

D looks good enuff for 8-8. With secondary help, the whole unit would be solid.

Offensive turnovers put them in bad spots but I was pleased.

Starks looked like a beast.

Edit: Dansby does look clumsy at times...is he too tall (a la Sean Smith stiff hips-ish)?

Back
Top Bottom