anyone else afraid of a major overhaul with a new coach/gm/o-coord/etc? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone else afraid of a major overhaul with a new coach/gm/o-coord/etc?

arsenal

Beastin'
Reaction score
like im worried to see MAJOR changes... i know we sucked this year but we have the potential with just a few changes that need to be made (LT, C, DT, S)...

but do you think a whole new regime would come in see that we finished the season 3-13 and wanna clean house? make changes all around?

i really hope not...

Whatever they want to do, I'm fine with it. Tweak it or blow it up, I could see the value of both directions.

I love some of the players we have had for the last 8 years but, I'm also ready to bid their underacheiving a$$es bye bye.

They need an overhaul with the FO and coaching. They can then decide what the team needs.

inFINSible said:
Whatever they want to do, I'm fine with it. Tweak it or blow it up, I could see the value of both directions.

I love some of the players we have had for the last 8 years but, I'm also ready to bid their underacheiving a$$es bye bye.

Sadly this is too true! It's about time for us to either get rid of the over-paid that aren't willing to take pay cuts to stay on the team (all of 'em?) and keep those that will so that we can bring in some fresh talent. I believe this may be the scheme a new coach (Saban) may come in with..... ;)

cubanbadguy said:
Sadly this is too true! It's about time for us to either get rid of the over-paid that aren't willing to take pay cuts to stay on the team (all of 'em?) and keep those that will so that we can bring in some fresh talent. I believe this may be the scheme a new coach (Saban) may come in with..... ;)
Who you thinking of? I also want to make similar moves, but I want to be competitive next year.

I release Fiedler, Seau, TimBo retires, Freeman, Surtain, Konrad ..... maybe StClair if Carey can be the starter. Let McIntosh, Smith, and McKinney be backups.

That should put us well under the cap and if we trade down, get 2-3 starters from the draft and sign 2-3 free agents to start, we should be competitive next year.

Draftwise is stocked with RBs with good talent. We can get a starter in rounds 1-3 so all the Edge rumors really dont get me excited because I rather have Ronnie Brown over James..... younger, cheaper, more life in him.

I dont like Madison and Thomas is getting older and overrated.... but I think we keep them for this year and look at the cap and make a move with them next year.

Only FAs we need to sign would be OL/DT. We need a younger starter in either of those positions.

Miami needs an overhaul and that's not smack talk.....it's just reality. New FO and coaching staff will facilitate this because they will want to bring in their own players. The only players likely guaranteed of staying are JT, Zach, Chambers, Carey, and some of the other younger players like Moore

i dont think they need a full overhaul... look at teams like the chargers and the jaguars from last year to this year... both of them made some slight changes, found a couple new starters but basically they brought it together with a new defensive system and just another year under the belt of the young guys...

i think we can be in the same boat next year... maybe not as drastic as SD turn around, but def around an 8-8 team with close to the same squad next year, if not better...

i mean we've only lost 2 games by more than 10 pts and have been in almost every game into the 4th quarter... a couple minor tweeks and our record could be over 500 right now...

i dont konw, im just afraid of another major overhaul that'll but us back to the same situation we are in now next year...

With Saban I dont think he comes in with a predetermined notion. I think he will study film and evaluate and then decide the best approach. So whatever approach he takes I will support. I dont think he blows it up to blow it up, if he sees the guys as players he wants he will keep them, if not then they will be gone. It would suk to blow it up, but if that is what it takes to contend for real, then I say do it.

It isn't like the current guys are getting us near the big dance anyways. Tony Wise...fired. Foerster.....who really cares? If Saban has a better guy then so be it. Spielman......is anyone serious?

inFINSible said:

Right.

I honestly don't believe there is any sustainability to the present roster in terms of the veterans; the window of opportunity passed for them, and they now occupy a disproportionately large chunk of the cap in relation to their declining contribution.

I would be in favor of trading most of them and releasing the rest, and absorbing the cap acceleration for those moves in 2005 to clear the decks for 2006 - when the cap is estimated to go as high as $100M. Then we would be major players in FA, with an established core of inexpensive young talent around which to add valuable young veterans.

With that plan, we would be ready to contend in 2006, provided we chose wisely in the draft.

NaboCane said:
Right.

I honestly don't believe there is any sustainability to the present roster in terms of the veterans; the window of opportunity passed for them, and they now occupy a disproportionately large chunk of the cap in relation to their declining contribution.

I would be in favor of trading most of them and releasing the rest, and absorbing the cap acceleration for those moves in 2005 to clear the decks for 2006 - when the cap is estimated to go as high as $100M. Then we would be major players in FA, with an established core of inexpensive young talent around which to add valuable young veterans.

With that plan, we would be ready to contend in 2006, provided we chose wisely in the draft.
i agree with trading and releasing some of the vets which would provide acceleration relief in the future, future being the next three years, the way i see it. but i do not agree that anytime soon you are to set yourself up signing more expensive free agents, repeating the same problem by throwing the money in the future again. i think you , like you said, work wisely in the drafts ahead and develop your team cheaply, maybe even trading your first round pick for even a couple later on.
theres nobody in this first round who is gonna turn this thing around.
i say you work thru the drafts cheaply and develop a team that will take time to reap its reward, not sink us further into debt and later, much later, maybe we can once again find expensive worthy patchwork via Free Agency.

arsenal said:
i dont think they need a full overhaul... look at teams like the chargers and the jaguars from last year to this year... both of them made some slight changes, found a couple new starters but basically they brought it together with a new defensive system and just another year under the belt of the young guys...

i think we can be in the same boat next year... maybe not as drastic as SD turn around, but def around an 8-8 team with close to the same squad next year, if not better...

i mean we've only lost 2 games by more than 10 pts and have been in almost every game into the 4th quarter... a couple minor tweeks and our record could be over 500 right now...

i dont konw, im just afraid of another major overhaul that'll but us back to the same situation we are in now next year...
i would say that SD excelled through their last few drafts and then upset SD fans by blowing it up and now theyre a legitiminate contender for years to come, even considering the division theyre in.

inFINSible said:

Concur with this post.

Back
Top Bottom