anyone else afraid of a major overhaul with a new coach/gm/o-coord/etc? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone else afraid of a major overhaul with a new coach/gm/o-coord/etc?

An overhaul is exactly what I want..... :D

It doesn't have to be a complete overhaul, but even if it is I wont be crying over it. This team is 2-11 right now, it can't get any worse IMO....

This so-called PB defense of ours is looking worse than ever. I've got no problem with dismantling the majority of them in order to gain more balance on offense....

PHINZ RULE!!!! :fire:

ErroneousFlint said:
i agree with trading and releasing some of the vets which would provide acceleration relief in the future, future being the next three years, the way i see it. but i do not agree that anytime soon you are to set yourself up signing more expensive free agents, repeating the same problem by throwing the money in the future again. i think you , like you said, work wisely in the drafts ahead and develop your team cheaply, maybe even trading your first round pick for even a couple later on.
theres nobody in this first round who is gonna turn this thing around.
i say you work thru the drafts cheaply and develop a team that will take time to reap its reward, not sink us further into debt and later, much later, maybe we can once again find expensive worthy patchwork via Free Agency.

Now now, Flint; you're living up to the "erroneous" part of your name...:tongue:

I didn't say I'd sign expensive free agents; I would follow more the Belichick model and sign young, smart players with some talent - but the most important factor would be how they fit the system.

Also, remember that having some high-priced players is inevitable, unless you're a prick like Bill Bidwell and subject your franchise's fans to years of pernuriously-induced mediocrity.

Some of your draft picks are going to perform very well and require contract renegotiations (what a great problem, eh?) and so on. The difference between that and spending big $ in FA is is that you bring in talent cheap, then pay for performance - the other way you pay for how they performed for someone else, and pray they do as well, or that they don't hurt themselves.

Say goodbye to Feeley because chances are the new HC will likely look for a new QB.

minus said:
Say goodbye to Feeley because chances are the new HC will likely look for a new QB.
This aint Madden. feeley will be here next year whether you like it or not for the simple reason that he'll cost us money to cut. He'll be the only QB we keep.

Enjoy.

/"pernuriously"?? :huh:

arsenal said:
like im worried to see MAJOR changes... i know we sucked this year but we have the potential with just a few changes that need to be made (LT, C, DT, S)...

but do you think a whole new regime would come in see that we finished the season 3-13 and wanna clean house? make changes all around?

i really hope not...
If Huizenga would have grew some last December this team would be well on the way of contending for a playoff spot in 05 !!
:fire:

Marino1983

It's one thing to make a mistake - its another thing not to correct it. I think Wayne saw the error of his way and is trying to correct it. I think Saban will pull Miami out of the gutter and back to respectibility and challenge for the division championship. Sorry Bill fans, next year you can take you're rightful place back at the bottom. Of course you will have to fight the J-E-T-S for it.

inFINSible said:

:lol:

pe·nu·ri·ous (p
schwa-1.gif
-n
oobreve-1.gif
r
prime-1.gif
emacr-1.gif
-
schwa-1.gif
s, -ny
oobreve-1.gif
r
prime-1.gif
-) [size=-2]KEY [/size]

[size=-1]ADJECTIVE: [/size]

1. Unwilling to spend money; stingy.
  2. Yielding little; barren: [size=+0]a penurious land.[/size]
  3. Poverty-stricken; destitute.
OK, sue me...I misspelled it!

NaboCane said:
:lol:

pe·nu·ri·ous (p
schwa-1.gif
-n
oobreve-1.gif
r
prime-1.gif
emacr-1.gif
-
schwa-1.gif
s, -ny
oobreve-1.gif
r
prime-1.gif
-) [size=-2]KEY [/size]

[size=-1]ADJECTIVE: [/size]

1. Unwilling to spend money; stingy.
  2. Yielding little; barren: [size=+0]a penurious land.[/size]
  3. Poverty-stricken; destitute.
OK, sue me...I misspelled it!
:lol: I didn't know whether you misspelled it or not.

inFINSible said:
This aint Madden. feeley will be here next year whether you like it or not for the simple reason that he'll cost us money to cut. He'll be the only QB we keep.

Enjoy.

It cost me money against the cap to cut him in Madden too...

inFINSible said:
Whatever they want to do, I'm fine with it. Tweak it or blow it up, I could see the value of both directions.

I love some of the players we have had for the last 8 years but, I'm also ready to bid their underacheiving a$$es bye bye.
I agree, I'm fine with whichever direction a Nick Saban chose to go.

My feeling is it wouldn't be a total demolition, we have many young players on this team.

phinMikeDC said:
It cost me money against the cap to cut him in Madden too...
You should have traded him like I did along with a second rounder for Ben Rothlisberger.......:evil:

Do whatever it takes to win games. This season is sick. We need an overhaul to get this team back on track. If it's a major overhaul fine. Just get the job done.

inFINSible said:
Whatever they want to do, I'm fine with it. Tweak it or blow it up, I could see the value of both directions.

I love some of the players we have had for the last 8 years but, I'm also ready to bid their underacheiving a$$es bye bye.

Agreed. Although, it seems that we've been tweaking for the last four years.

Back
Top Bottom