anyone else afraid of a major overhaul with a new coach/gm/o-coord/etc? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone else afraid of a major overhaul with a new coach/gm/o-coord/etc?

muscle979 said:
They need an overhaul with the FO and coaching. They can then decide what the team needs.

Sadly we all know what this team needs... It doesnt take a proffesional to see the weakest point in our team is the O-Line. Anyone with 2 eyes can see that. Even the blind :p (no offense)

Why would you want to dismantle our famous D. They have carried us for the last 6 years. Think of how many playoff victories that our D has won. It rhymes with won. :lol:

arsenal said:
like im worried to see MAJOR changes... i know we sucked this year but we have the potential with just a few changes that need to be made (LT, C, DT, S)...

but do you think a whole new regime would come in see that we finished the season 3-13 and wanna clean house? make changes all around?

i really hope not...

This team is at it's lowest level ever and can not effectively get any worse. There are way too many broken cog and it's time to get a whole new wheel. We'll have a new coach and the time is also right to have alot of new [young] players as well to all learn the new system/s together!

What I think a lot of people are missing is the fact we have already started the rebuilding process this season. Many of our younger players have played a lot this year and are partly the reason our record is what it is now. What I'm trying to say is the learning curve for next year with a new coach will be much quicker than usual due to the fact that most of our young guys are finally adjusting to the speed of the NFL. The team in all actuality was blown up this season and the only veteran on this team right now that I can see retiring in a phins uni is Jason Taylor. We may trade a few more of our veterans or release them, but we have been preparing for that this whole season with the young. So I personally think this will be a pretty smooth transition with who ever takes over

Philter25 said:
I release Fiedler, Seau, TimBo retires, Freeman, Surtain, Konrad ..... maybe StClair if Carey can be the starter. Let McIntosh, Smith, and McKinney be backups. I agree with these cuts except Surtain! You can't be serious....surely you meant trade him and not CUT him. You don't cut all-pro corners! We could get a low 1st rd or high 2nd for him.:shakeno:

Draftwise is stocked with RBs with good talent. We can get a starter in rounds 1-3 so all the Edge rumors really dont get me excited because I rather have Ronnie Brown over James..... younger, cheaper, more life in him. I won't disagree there is a lot of talented RB's in the draft but if you can get a proven stud back such as James or Alexander (who are 26 and 27 respectively) you don't gamble on a rookie. Besides its not like 26 and 27 year old RB's are washed up!:eek:

I dont like Madison and Thomas is getting older and overrated.... but I think we keep them for this year and look at the cap and make a move with them next year. We have no choice but to keep them....salary cap wise...the hit would be a killer!

Only FAs we need to sign would be OL/DT. We need a younger starter in either of those positions.
Ironically the 2 positions you say we should target in free agency are notoriously the two hardest to fill in free agency....teams don't let good DT's and OT's walk unless they are on the downside of their carreers, have an injury history or just plain suck. So I think both of those positions should be targeted in the draft not free agency. You have to "grow your own tackles".:D

Back
Top Bottom