Anyone else concern about Blitzing Luck? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else concern about Blitzing Luck?

ANUFan

Club Member
Reaction score
I'm might be in the minority here. But, I'm not a huge fan of Blitizing all the time and I'm don't think its the right approach going against this particuliar QB.

I'm worried that he will see it coming and with a savvy Veteran like, R.Wyane will make the necessary adjustments and lit-us-up. Others times, you can bet Luck is going deep to his favorite target.

I personally think our best bet is to Blitz sparingly in this game and rely more on our front four to generate pressure.

Thoughts?

Nope. Can't blitz him enough

Last time we faced him we saw how sharp, aware and mobile in the pocket he is. Dude is no joke. But I think our front 4 can bring good pressure and Coyle hides his blitzes well, so maybe this time around we can actually collapse the pocket a little quicker and put the squeeze on him.

Very concerned

Luck is very good at escaping the rush. Gotta be careful here. Good test for our D

his oline stinks. you have to get to any QB on his level or you will pay. as for quick adjustments with Wayne, I think grimes can stay with him for 3 seconds

I'm not. Their offensive line is poor. Not just in terms of their blocking talent but in terms of their recognition of stunts and blitzers. And Luck himself -- great as he is -- was fooled by Raiders blitzes a few times on Sunday. On one particular third down he shifted the protection to the right and the Raiders blitzed to the left, leading to a hit and an errant throw. And it wasn't the only time. It's one of the few parts of his game where he's still pretty vulnerable.

The key is getting him on the ground. The guy is a mack truck. If you can't do that it doesn't matter whether you blitz or don't blitz. He'll find somebody. Or scramble.

A.Luck has some of the best Qb presence in the pocket I've ever seen. He is a master at finding that soft spot in a collapsing pocket just long enough to make some ridiculous throw. Just watch last years game against us if you need convincing. Hell, a good comparison is our very own R.Tannehill, while he is getting better, He still routinely misses those escapes in a collapsing pocket or that subtle movement that makes a defender completely miss a would be sack.

I actually think A.Luck is much better when he has to make quicker decisions like when being Blitz.

Last time we faced him we saw how sharp, aware and mobile in the pocket he is. Dude is no joke. But I think our front 4 can bring good pressure and Coyle hides his blitzes well, so maybe this time around we can actually collapse the pocket a little quicker and put the squeeze on him.

I say bring the heat but have someone spy on Luck. How many games has he won by scrambling on 3rd and long to continue a drive ? That's how they bet us last year in a game we should have won.

Id bring the heat. But I agree I would keep a spy on him...especially in some of these 3rd and longs. Also, if we are going to blitz can we PLEASE take away the quick slant to Wayne. That is there bread and butter. I live in Indy so I have to see them play way too often...people give those soft looks and he hits Wayne on quick slants...and we all know Reggie has great RAC ability.

Luck was 11-12 against the blitz last week against the Raiders.

Both of his TD passes he got hit as well (especially the 2nd one).

We should definitely be careful blitzing Luck. He was 11 for 12 for 99 yards against the blitz week 1. Maybe we should ease off the blitz and let our D-line do its thing while dropping people into coverage?

Then again, our blitz will be far more effective than Oakland's, so I wouldnt mind see us really go after him. I trust whatever Coyle decides to do, that man knows defense a whole lot better than I do.

The good thing is. The Indy O-Line is so bad, Miami may be able to get to him, by just rushing the front 4 and using 1 LB to mirror Luck to contain. I would guess Coyle's going to mix in his fair share of Blitzes to get heavy pressure on him. In 2012, both the pass rush and coverage were poor and not aggressive enough in the Indy game. Against the Browns, Miami pressured Weeden on 30 of his 59 attempts, that is a staggering amount. The NFL average for pressuring an opponent is something like 24%-25%. I agree with being careful with pressuring Andrew Luck. The key will be how often can Miami get to him, to rattle him and force him, into making throws quicker than he likes to. The Indy WR's are much better than Cleveland's WR's and that could become a factor in what happens down field once Luck makes his throws. This is a much more aggressive scheme Miami is running in 2013 in comparison to any year prior. Given what we know about the improved speed and aggression in the front 7, you have to believe this is going to be a long day for Luck and the Indianapolis Colts!!!

If you see his stats againts the blitz or watched him manhandle us last year you should be scared of him against the blitz, but if you don't blitz him hes sire to kill you. I think we have a special d line that can take him down, blitz him all day.

Luck is a special player, gotta bring presure, gotta take him dpwn to havr a chance.

Luck was 11-12 against the blitz last week against the Raiders.

Both of his TD passes he got hit as well (especially the 2nd one).

guess what he isn't playing the raiders. the dolphins have a top 5 d. and top 3 front 7. our dbs are better than last year as well which is why we lost to indy

Back
Top Bottom