Anyone else concern about Blitzing Luck? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else concern about Blitzing Luck?

You cant have lit-us-up paranoia against QB's like Luck.He's gonna take his shots whether you pressure him or not.So why not knock him on his a$$ a few times early. Coyle has a few dozen blitz packages.We'll get sacks with our base defense sunday,but we will definitely will see some saftey and cb blitzs.

ok well if you are gonna blitz you better get home when you do and you better hope he doesn't see it coming...i'm not saying don't blitz i'm just sayng don't go to the same well too often...cause if you do you gonna pay

a lot like with tom brady...

If we want to win, we need to learn to defend the best QB's in the league, right? Don't play scared, that's Wanny ball, and you'll lose every time.

ok well if you are gonna blitz you better get home when you do and you better hope he doesn't see it coming...i'm not saying don't blitz i'm just sayng don't go to the same well too often...cause if you do you gonna pay

Neither Luck nor his offensive line recognize blitzes pre snap nearly as well as Brady and the Patriots.

Whether we only come with four or blitz we have to get him on the ground. That's the key. If he gets outside the pocket he'll find an open man whether we have six or seven guys in coverage. It won't matter. Blitzing gives you a better chance to get him on the ground because more guys will have a free shot on him.

At the end of the day, though, while I understand being cautious early and seeing how much pressure you can get with four, blitzing is what we do. We signed blitzing linebackers. We installed a special blitz package. We kept more defensive line "starters" than probably any team in the league. We have to be ourselves. Make Luck adjust to us rather than the other way around. If he slices us up we can change tactics, but I still think we can't be afraid to attack.

Nope. Not concerned one bit. You don't play or coach scared. Our secondary is improved. Our front 7 is more beastly than last year.

BRING IT.

I sure hope they're dumb enough to blitz Tannehill though. I'm sure Wallace is looking forward to that indoor track in Indy.

And at the end of the day, we drafted Dion Jordan to not have to blitz against the Brady's of the league..

think we see a lot of that NASCAR package Coyle was talking about...

Neither Luck nor his offensive line recognize blitzes pre snap nearly as well as Brady and the Patriots.

Whether we only come with four or blitz we have to get him on the ground. That's the key. If he gets outside the pocket he'll find an open man whether we have six or seven guys in coverage. It won't matter. Blitzing gives you a better chance to get him on the ground because more guys will have a free shot on him.

At the end of the day, though, while I understand being cautious early and seeing how much pressure you can get with four, blitzing is what we do. We signed blitzing linebackers. We installed a special blitz package. We kept more defensive line "starters" than probably any team in the league. We have to be ourselves. Make Luck adjust to us rather than the other way around. If he slices us up we can change tactics, but I still think we can't be afraid to attack.

i would disagree with that...on the luck front at least...but the main thing to my eye is i wouldn't be showing luck my hand too early...a lot like brady...i would try and get home on some delayed stuff with the lbs etc...

you show him your hand from the jump you will pay

by the way where's all this playing scared crap coming from??? there's a difference between playing scared and not playing into someones hands...

Luck is better this year than last year we played him. But, our D is better too. The Oline for the Colts is just ok. Blitz is a must. How much is a different question. I think the way we attacked Cleveland was adequate, I could have used another blitz or two in the first half.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk 2

i would disagree with that...on the luck front at least...but the main thing to my eye is i wouldn't be showing luck my hand too early...a lot like brady...i would try and get home on some delayed stuff with the lbs etc...

you show him your hand from the jump you will pay

by the way where's all this playing scared crap coming from??? there's a difference between playing scared and not playing into someones hands...

Luck recognizes coverages very well but he doesn't recognizes blitzes nearly as well. That's my opinion, of course. I've watched the same game you have and you're free to have a different opinion. There was one third down in particular where Luck shifted the protection to his right and the blitz came from his left, leading to an errant throw and a punt. In the broadcast you can even see him make a face toward his sideline that he knows he screwed up. It happened a few other times as well. It's not like the Raiders are some dynamic defensive team, outside of Lamar Houston. But at different times they sent corners and linebackers and got guys running free at Luck. He was sacked four times, twice by defensive backs.

Blitzing is our identity. I don't think we should go in there with a game plan to totally change that identity just because Luck is a dynamic player. I give him all the credit in the world, but he's not God. His offensive line sucks and his running backs aren't much better. If we really have to worry about playing into their hands how good can we really be on defense? Make them worry about playing into our hands.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we're great. I think as a fanbase we're a little beaten down from disappointment at so much mediocrity. But I think this is a good chance to find out.

Nope. Not concerned one bit. You don't play or coach scared. Our secondary is improved. Our front 7 is more beastly than last year.

BRING IT.

I sure hope they're dumb enough to blitz Tannehill though. I'm sure Wallace is looking forward to that indoor track in Indy.

I forgot about that, what if they do Blitz Tannehill....I think Wallace will feel much better about the game this week if that happens.

Luck recognizes coverages very well but he doesn't recognizes blitzes nearly as well. That's my opinion, of course. I've watched the same game you have and you're free to have a different opinion. There was one third down in particular where Luck shifted the protection to his right and the blitz came from his left, leading to an errant throw and a punt. In the broadcast you can even see him make a face toward his sideline that he knows he screwed up. It happened a few other times as well. It's not like the Raiders are some dynamic defensive team, outside of Lamar Houston. But at different times they sent corners and linebackers and got guys running free at Luck. He was sacked four times, twice by defensive backs.

Blitzing is our identity. I don't think we should go in there with a game plan to totally change that identity just because Luck is a dynamic player. I give him all the credit in the world, but he's not God. His offensive line sucks and his running backs aren't much better. If we really have to worry about playing into their hands how good can we really be on defense? Make them worry about playing into our hands.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we're great. I think as a fanbase we're a little beaten down from disappointment at so much mediocrity. But I think this is a good chance to find out.

just my opinion that the issues with the colts ability to handle blitz pressure and pick up for guys lies primarily in the protection players hands and not the qb...i get that oakland doesn't have many dynamic options houston probably is the best one and he's not of wakes level for sure...he was wearing out costanzo but luck just steps straight up and avoids the contact or sidesteps things in tight spaces...at some point you have to think theyd start to move the pocket to the other side etc...

i don't think miami would be changing up their identity by not blitzing it's lbs repeatedly thru the a gaps or showing presnap their hand...just be smart with it...that's one smart damn qb...plus you gonna need those lbs in coverage against those tight ends...dwayne allen especially

i will be shocked if we can't generate heavy pressure with our front 4 and jordan in the nickle...looks like an awful lot of win options to me in our favor up front...have to make it where luck has nowhere to step up into

I'm not a fan of blitzing all the time. It's just asking to give up huge plays. Plus, if their offensive line is as bad as you guys think we should be able to get pressure without doing it too often.

Back
Top Bottom