Anyone Else Doubt The Return Of Ricky Williams? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Else Doubt The Return Of Ricky Williams?

Do you think Ricky Williams will be reinstated?

• Yes

Votes: 113 86.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Too close to call

Votes: 10 7.6%

• Total voters

PublixSubsRule

Practice Squad
Reaction score
After hearing the Ricky Williams applied for reinstatement I was excited. However, Now after seeing how hard the NFL and Goodell came down on Pacman Jones and Chris Henry, I think it's is unlikely that Ricky will be reinstated into the NFL.

If you have an opinon/s on this issue please state them...

the time wouldnt fit the crime...being that he already did the crime/time when the new rules were not implemented. so he should be ok imo

I think he will be back. He paid his price for messing up. Doesn't make any sense and it really isn't fair (but then again...what is) to punish him twice for the one thing. Besides...if he messes up again...he is out of the league anyways.

He'll be back. Another year older, and, off an injury
riddled and unimpressive CFL stint.

He'll be one puff or swollow of some unnamed
yoga suppliment away from getting kicked from
the NFL for life.

He'll be back...But his best year(s) I think are
clearly behind him.

Goodell isn't going to hesitate to boot him from
the leauge if he messes up again, which, is
his MO thusfar.

He'll be back. Another year older, and, off an injury
riddled and unimpressive CFL stint.

He'll be one puff or swollow of some unnamed
yoga suppliment away from getting kicked from
the NFL for life.

He'll be back...But his best year(s) I think are
clearly behind him.

Goodell isn't going to hesitate to boot him from
the leauge if he messes up again, which, is
his MO thusfar.

he had 1 injury, broke his forearm...clean break....

and is your post a haiku?

No he will be ok

Differnt Program--- what the Commish is trying to do and he is doing a great job is let the Thugs know he is not playing around.

Behave bad and your gone. whay to go commish.

It roots from all the off the field problems the NFL has been having.

Ricky is in a Substance Abuse program and there already a process and rules for that one. He will be back unless he failed a drug test while he was out.

I think he'll be back. It would be a perfect situation for Goodell to reinstate him to show the NFL how "Fair" he is with the rule. You stay clean and you get reinstated. After suspending Pacman and Henry, he will want to use Ricky as an example of someone who stayed clean and got reinstated.

Of course all of my opinion is if Ricky really has been the model citizen he says he's been.

The enforecements against pacman and henry are completely different from Ricky's situation. This is a "personal conduct" policy that is now being enforced even harder than ever. The league has always been tough on their enforcement of their Drug Policy, and Ricky already has served his time under one of the harshest sentences possible. During the entire time he has complied with the NFL's testing requirements, has said all the right things during his suspension and subequent application for reinstatement, and beyond that I think his failed test was seen as somewhat of a fluke, and the league knows that.

I have no doubt that Ricky will be re-instated.

After hearing the Ricky Williams applied for reinstatement I was excited. However, Now after seeing how hard the NFL and Goodell came down on Pacman Jones and Chris Henry, I think it's is unlikely that Ricky will be reinstated into the NFL.

If you have an opinon/s on this issue please state them...

I have no doubt in my mind that he will be reinstated. He has done all the things he was suppose to do and has passed all his tests. I like Ricky (although I have to admit that I threw his bobble head in the trash after he quit on us like he did) but since have changed my mind and attitude towards him. I look forward to him tearing it up this year with the Dolphins.:jumper:

Pacman and Henry are guys who need alot of guidance as well as punishment they deserve. Has Ricky Williams ever been arrested or implicated in anything illegal besides smoking pot 3 yrs ago?

And an Achillies injury as well.

No, it's not haiku, but, I could arrainge that. :tongue:

Actually I think it was him hitting his foot on a loor trying to hold it open....never heard of anything having to do with his achillies....just that he got a gash while walking around barefooted and hit it on a door or something like that....

He did his time. I love Ricky. He doesn't apologize for the mistakes he made. He learns and he moves on. I think he has the most value to us. However, if someone starts talking picks for him, see-ya Ricky. It's business and it is time for this team to move on.

I think he will be reinstated and then Mueller will trade him.

Back
Top Bottom