Anyone else feel Ronnie is in for a big day? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else feel Ronnie is in for a big day?

RickyWilliams

It's time to turn this ship around.
Reaction score
Hearing Ronnie will start may have been the best news I've heard all week. I don't know why but seeing Ronnie back in action last weekend made me believe he will be back in '07 form. Call me a homer, whatever, but he didn't look nervous, he didn't look like he was holding anything back, he looked just like he did last year. I believe Ronnie has a huge game on Sunday and it will come in mixed form, running and receiving. Anybody else have that feeling that Ronnie is in for a big day?

Oh hell yes, he has looked better each game. With Ricky to spell him he should have a monster game. The loss of Thomas is a setback which really bumbed me out though. Guess we will see how well our new coach adjust to the loss.

I do! Im predicting 18 carries for 120 yards for ronnie brown and 2 rushing TDS. and 5 catches for 70 yards.

Yea, I really like the speed he had and how creative he was. He does look back in last year's form. We will really know once he's given a real amount of snaps.

Yeah i think Ronnie is due for a huge game. He sure showed some aggresive play and speed on sunday in the few carries he had. Arizonas run D wasnt very good so lets have Ronnie running all day!!!!

Ronnie running big spelling the play action pass, im feeling a big offensive day for our fins. Now it comes down to if we can stop the Cards offense.

dont expect a game like that with ricky williams starting and if anyone is going to have a big game it will be ricky

Hearing Ronnie will start may have been the best news I've heard all week. I don't know why but seeing Ronnie back in action last weekend made me believe he will be back in '07 form. Call me a homer, whatever, but he didn't look nervous, he didn't look like he was holding anything back, he looked just like he did last year. I believe Ronnie has a huge game on Sunday and it will come in mixed form, running and receiving. Anybody else have that feeling that Ronnie is in for a big day?

There is no small amount of irony in this post coming from you, RickyWilliams. It is nice to see you support your teammate. :hi5:

I don't care who starts. The main thing is that the team is smart about Ronnie's recovery. If Ricky is running well, too, I'd like to see a 60/40 split Ricky>Ronnie through September. As long as the yards are coming on the ground, we can bring Ronnie along at a comfortable pace. If RW is getting stuffed at the line and RB is tearing it up out there, that's different. Let's see how it plays out Sunday and go from there.

With Ricky and Ronnie ... I see no need to use Cobbs (or anyone else) to spell them. No way I want to see any back other than Ricky or Ronnie taking a swing pass in the flat and Ideally we figure out how to have them both in on third down to get out to the flats.

I just want to know what it feels like to win a football game that means something again, the running backs are the most talented people we have, they need to set the table for everyone else.

There is no small amount of irony in this post coming from you, RickyWilliams. It is nice to see you support your teammate. :hi5:

I don't care who starts. The main thing is that the team is smart about Ronnie's recovery. If Ricky is running well, too, I'd like to see a 60/40 split Ricky>Ronnie through September. As long as the yards are coming on the ground, we can bring Ronnie along at a comfortable pace. If RW is getting stuffed at the line and RB is tearing it up out there, that's different. Let's see how it plays out Sunday and go from there.

Any setback with Ronnie would be a disaster at this point so early in the season. I know we have to "Go for it" as some say here but I cringed every time Ronnie ran the ball last Sunday. He looks good don't get me wrong but man it makes me nervous. Yeah I agree with you we have to be real careful with Ronnie and not over do it.

Smokin' avy BTW Myles !

Ronnie, or Ricky for that matter, NEED a big day if we want to come out of AZ with a win.....

Any setback with Ronnie would be a disaster at this point so early in the season. I know we have to "Go for it" as some say here but I cringed every time Ronnie ran the ball last Sunday. He looks good don't get me wrong but man it makes me nervous. Yeah I agree with you we have to be real careful with Ronnie and not over do it.

Smokin' avy BTW Myles !

You and me both. Ronnie looked awesome, but I was sweatin' it every time he touched the ball. I know the recovery time has been getting better with these kind of injuries, but it hasn't even been 12 months and some people (not in this thread) want to use him as a pack mule already. Slow down and see the big picture. Ricky isn't going to play forever & we need Ronnie for our SB push.

Thanks for the kind words on the avy, bro. Needed a fresh look. :up:

Back
Top Bottom