Anyone else getting angrier the closer we get to kickoff vs the Jets? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else getting angrier the closer we get to kickoff vs the Jets?

I mean I get what you're saying but do ypu remember the last time he hired a football executive? The last two times? Those two ****ed us as well
When did he hire a football executive? Mike Tannenbaum was given the title of VP, but Philbin still reported directly to Ross. Tannenbaum was basically a GM. Who was the other guy you were thinking of? Parcells was hired by Huizenga.

When did he hire a football executive? Mike Tannenbaum was given the title of VP, but Philbin still reported directly to Ross. Tannenbaum was basically a GM. Who was the other guy you were thinking of? Parcells was hired by Huizenga.
Oh yeah my bad. I was thinking Parcells and tannabitch. Vp, football executive, different titles with the same job. Doesn't matter. They oversaw and controlled everything

I’ve never understood the whole “it’s only a game” comment. I hated that comment the first time I heard it and I hate it every time after.

We are fans which is short for fanatics. Just bc you don’t get affected by the teams wins and losses doesn’t mean others dont. It has nothing to with your actual everyday real life. Of course I want health for my wife and kids and I’m happy with life as long as they’re happy and healthy. But that’s exactly what sports are for. They’re an escape from real world problems if only for a few hours on a Sunday afternoon.

I take losses in stride bc it’s what I’ve learned to do in my 33 years of life but when I was younger I took it a lot harder. As I’ve gotten older and more mature and obviously watching this teams failures year after year you come to expect Miami to let you down every single time.

But that doesn’t mean that I don’t still take it as hard as anyone. I don’t let it affect how I interact with others or my job or my home life bc I’ve learned to seperate the two. Of course I get upset when we lose bc again… we’re fans or fanatics.

What if I said… well it’s just your wife who cares how she feels? How would that go?

What if I said well it’s just your job who cares if you’re fired or employee of the month?

The point is some take it harder than others and that’s totally ok. But I actually live breathe and work in this game. I dedicated my life to this game that I love so much. Honestly I’ve never worked a day in my life bc I love it so much but it doesn’t come before my wife and kids or my religion. Other than that hell yes I care that and I’ll never be ashamed to admit it.

I’ve come to learn that 99% of those that say “it’s just a game” are just your average fan. They usually can’t name more than a handful of guys on the team and usually have no clue what time we’re playing that day. They’re just causal fans and not die hards like myself and others.

Never let ANYONE tell you to get a life or tell you how to feel bc we lost a game. It’s ok to feel any and every emotion of anger when we lose. It doesn’t mean your priorities are f*cked up or that you care to much. It means you love this team and it’s a part of you and it’s totally ok to be angry when we lose. That’s the human part of you bc YOU TRULY CARE.

Everyone is frustrated.....but no, I'm not getting angrier. We still have a game to play and a lot can or cannot happen. We are wounded and damaged right now but so is our opponent.

I have the rest of the year to do an autopsy on this season, meanwhile, I have one last week of football to watch at a minimum......no reason to be miserable about it, going to watch Sunday and hope the Fins win.
Hear hear!

Potentially one week left to enjoy Miami Dolphins football, and so many here want to be miserable ***** about it — damn straight I’m going to hope for the best. The off-season is long, and for the time being, we’re still in this thing.

We’re all long suffering Miami Dolphins here. I was as angry as anyone after last Sunday. Everyone gets it. What some here don’t get is their posts on this forum do little more than broadcast their negative mental pathologies.

Some of you need to chill out about a football game. To let a game upset you and cause agony in your life is over the top.
I root for the Fins but know this a just a dumb organization. Filled with good people that are just not very good at their jobs.
Decades of bad coaches and bad QBs. Decades of bad draft picks.

This is a team filled with flaws everywhere including coaching. Expecting excellence is just not reality.
I thought they would be 9-8 maybe 10-7 if they got lucky.

Finishing 8-9 with Tyreke Hill and Armstead/Williams to anchor the OLine is a failure.
But this is an organization that just cant get it done. So nothing is new with this year's collapse.

I've never been so mad at the Dolphins in my 30+ years of rooting for this sphincter of a franchise.

As we got closer to the Jets game and a chance to make the playoffs, I thought my anger would fade and I'd gear up to root for the Dolphins again, like I've done a 100 other times in my life but this year it isn't happening.... not yet anyway.

I'm actually getting angrier.... it starts with Ross, I'm disgusted by his ownership tenure and his dumbass leaked "rumors" and tampering BS. The guy is a virus!

I know its not all his fault but after rooting for Tua, standing up for him on twitter and when family and friends call him a bust or a noodle armed game manager, i dont have any fight left in me to defend Mr. Glass anymore. Im just furious that he's not playing down the stretch of this season, one of our most important stretches of games in 20 years. Shame on him for not doing more to avoid hits.... Tuck your damn chin when going down! How does he play football his whole life and not know how to hit the turf properly?

Our "genius" head coach can't make in game adjustments what-so-ever. I don't care how many joints he smokes or how "cool" he is, this was a train wreck of a 2nd half of a season. If he's fired, good I don't care.

I've hated Howard for years bc of his off-field violence and constant demands for more money but this year his play on the field isn't worth 1/10th his contract. I hate this guy!

Byron Jones can eat a d***!

Our entire Oline can go to hell!

Our kicker should've been cut months ago!

We have little cap room and trash for draft capital. The future is about as bright as an Alaskan midnight in December.

I wanted to make the playoffs all year, in fact that was my only goal for this year, but not like this. This is disgraceful! We will see if I can turn this anger around before Sunday but where we sit right now, if Armondo's report is true and we will be firing everyone from Grier on down if we lose to the Jets... well... if it means getting Grier the hell out of here, once and for all, I'm all for losing to the Jets.

Call me a bad fan, I can't argue with that logic, I shouldn't feel this way about "my" team but God damn I'm just so sick of this teams BS year after year and I'm just ready to watch the whole thing burn!
Fair spray there but valid. More disappointing than anything

I'm old. Not as old as some of you effers but am old nonetheless.

I grew up in the time that if you had a problem with someone, you faced it head on.

So it pains me to suggest that Finheaven needs to split up. Negative Nancies on one side and Aqua & Orange glasses wearing SOB's on the other. Moderates can post in either forum depending on our mood that day.

Or trial by combat perhaps, each side picks a champion. Maybe a debate, maybe a YouTube boxing match?

Irreconcilable differences. Maybe we can come back together after a SuperBowl win or even a long playoff run. All I know is right now we're broken.

Great post. I’d like to see your idea implemented. 👍

Oh yeah my bad. I was thinking Parcells and tannabitch. Vp, football executive, different titles with the same job. Doesn't matter. They oversaw and controlled everything
That's the thing, Tannenbaum didn't oversee everything. The Head Coach reported directly to Ross.

I've never been so mad at the Dolphins in my 30+ years of rooting for this sphincter of a franchise.

As we got closer to the Jets game and a chance to make the playoffs, I thought my anger would fade and I'd gear up to root for the Dolphins again, like I've done a 100 other times in my life but this year it isn't happening.... not yet anyway.

I'm actually getting angrier.... it starts with Ross, I'm disgusted by his ownership tenure and his dumbass leaked "rumors" and tampering BS. The guy is a virus!

I know its not all his fault but after rooting for Tua, standing up for him on twitter and when family and friends call him a bust or a noodle armed game manager, i dont have any fight left in me to defend Mr. Glass anymore. Im just furious that he's not playing down the stretch of this season, one of our most important stretches of games in 20 years. Shame on him for not doing more to avoid hits.... Tuck your damn chin when going down! How does he play football his whole life and not know how to hit the turf properly?

Our "genius" head coach can't make in game adjustments what-so-ever. I don't care how many joints he smokes or how "cool" he is, this was a train wreck of a 2nd half of a season. If he's fired, good I don't care.

I've hated Howard for years bc of his off-field violence and constant demands for more money but this year his play on the field isn't worth 1/10th his contract. I hate this guy!

Byron Jones can eat a d***!

Our entire Oline can go to hell!

Our kicker should've been cut months ago!

We have little cap room and trash for draft capital. The future is about as bright as an Alaskan midnight in December.

I wanted to make the playoffs all year, in fact that was my only goal for this year, but not like this. This is disgraceful! We will see if I can turn this anger around before Sunday but where we sit right now, if Armondo's report is true and we will be firing everyone from Grier on down if we lose to the Jets... well... if it means getting Grier the hell out of here, once and for all, I'm all for losing to the Jets.

Call me a bad fan, I can't argue with that logic, I shouldn't feel this way about "my" team but God damn I'm just so sick of this teams BS year after year and I'm just ready to watch the whole thing burn!
Lol bro. I go through moments feeling every last word in this post.

I feel you. I told myself after that Christmas game, that I wouldn’t let the dolphins hurt me anymore. And I weirdly felt little to nothing during and after our last game.

I was angry and disgusted after the Green Bay game.

When I found out Tua had another concussion, I assumed the Dolphins probably weren’t going to play him again this season so I checked out emotionally.

Not a chance to make any noise in the playoffs without Tua, just another beating in the WC game like the last two times if they do make it to the playoffs.

If Tua plays in WC game, I’ll check back in emotionally.

Well us realists would be whooping that ass all day then because they would just all be standing around imagining how their fight is so much stronger and how they will wait until the next fight or even the next year to fight again only to continue to lose!!
Seriously the dumbest post this week and this week was moronic. I trust you are joking and just need to vent. You're better than that brother.

I’m right there with Rico. I’m disgusted and I think the anger comes with the high expectations after starting out 8-3. My fear of embarrassment comes with us in the playoffs playing the way we have the past 5 games. And us getting embarrassed in the WC game against Buffalo or Cincinnati or KC would definitely piss me off.

I don’t want to just make the playoffs….. I want to win in the playoffs. I want to destroy Buffalo. I want to rip apart Cincinnati. I want to Humiliate KC. Obviously, we can’t do that if we don’t make the playoffs. No Question. But do ANY of you believe we can do anything I mentioned playing the way we are?

Just as a reminder

We’re down to our 3rd string rookie QB that hasn’t won a game yet.

Our OL is a mix of practice squad rejects

Our Kicker can’t be trusted to make a kick of more than 35 yards reliably

Our DB’s couldn’t cover Stephen Hawking

Our ST’s can’t cover a kick or a punt

Our LB’s can’t cover or tackle anyone

Our head coach can’t adjust before, during or after a game

Our DC couldn’t call a wet T shirt contest much less an NFL defense for 4 quarters

Pessimistic? Yes. But I’ve seen this movie before and I know how it ends. I guess they call that being a Miami Dolphins fan.

Back
Top Bottom