Anyone else hope we loose this weekend? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else hope we loose this weekend?

Halifax

Canadian Phin fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone else hope we loose this weekend? It might be blasphemy but I think that the difference between Rodgers and Leinart is so huge that we need to finish last.
Aaron Rodgers is the only "can't miss" QB in this entire draft.

Halifax said:
Does anyone else hope we loose this weekend? It might be blasphemy but I think that the difference between Rodgers and Leinart is so huge that we need to finish last.

Uhhh.... no. And there really isn't a franchise type QB in this draft anyway. The only sensible route seems to be to trade down and acquire more picks (remember, no 2nd and 4th rounder thanks to Spielstedtt). A high pick plus (possibly) dealing Williams are pretty good bargaining chips. Of course, the new GM-Coach may want to keep Williams if we can't get anything substantial. Also, we need to reconstruct both sides of the LOS as that's where football games are won and lost (not to sound cliche but it is true).

Halifax said:

I definitely hope we lose and anyone who calls me not a real fan has to consider one, I'm actually on this board and haven't bandwagoned to another team and two, my reasoning for this puts the teams best interests first. If we lose, not only are we closer to the #1 pick than any other team but when you have the #1 pick, you have alot more barganing power than the #2. So whether we take a qb #1 overall or we trade out of the spot, we will get more bang for our buck either way. I respect peoples fire in wanting to win every game we play, I deep down would like to win, but it is meaningless unless you want Bates as your coach next year and Feeley as your QB and are ok with that. I'm not, I like Bates but Feeley reminds me too much of Rob Johnson, all the tools, no head. That is not a final evaluation of him cause he has not been given the appropriate time. He could turn out to be an ok QB but not a franchise qb that we have the chance to get. Think about what is best for the organization in terms of next year rather than right now. If you think it would be better than Feeley produces and we win, that is fine, cuz I understand if he does, it makes our decision looks good but I just don't see him being there in the long run.

MiaMarino said:
Uhhh.... no. And there really isn't a franchise type QB in this draft anyway. The only sensible route seems to be to trade down and acquire more picks (remember, no 2nd and 4th rounder thanks to Spielstedtt). A high pick plus (possibly) dealing Williams are pretty good bargaining chips. Of course, the new GM-Coach may want to keep Williams if we can't get anything substantial. Also, we need to reconstruct both sides of the LOS as that's where football games are won and lost (not to sound cliche but it is true).
I couple the people who want to spend our first pick on a QB with those who want to select a RB in the first round. You still cannot see why we are last in so many offensive categories, or near the bottom of the pile in each of them. Our offensive game doesnt work with any quarterback, with any running back, including Rickey Williams. Lamont Gordon's not a bad Back. Morris isn't either.
To be as ignorant as most of these people asking for new QB's when we already have Feeley PLUS a terrible offensive scheme is exactly the way to more losing seasons. We've relied on our defense for many years now. Its time to create an offensive that will give hell to opposing defenses and rest to our own defense. No quarterback is as valuable as is a LT to begin with, maybe address the right side of the line in our next pick and then maybe go after a smart bruiser full back.

By the way, I'm not implying that youre one who is in either of these two groups.

Halifax said:
No way should a team ever tank it just because they might be able to get a higher draft pick. If you are a football player......Coach.....Owner...Fan, and you have even a little bit of integrity, there is no way you allow your team, or expect your team to lose.

Remember: "Winning is habit forming, unfortunately so is losing"

Vince Lombardi

I hope we lose, and I don't care what anyone else thinks about that. We we need all the help we can get from this sittuation were in thanks to DW. I keep reading about things I already knew, like DW 's reason for promoting Forrester over Tresman. Control! DW thought he could do it all and he was badly mistaken. Now his lack of foresight has taken it's toll and the team and fans have sufferd, meanwhile DW's off to ruin another teams hopes and dreams while we are left to pick up the pieces and start over.

DW has turned this team into one of the top two worst teams in the league, winning now only puts us further behind in the rebuilding process. We need every advantedge we can get to turn this thing around and the #1 pick overall carries a lot more clout then the second overall pick. We need draft picks, for the new HC to build with and to give us a chance to replace aging and lost players.

Getting a 54 million contract from a QB who is not as good as Eli or Carson is not the way to fix this team. We have to find somebody to trade down with.

I am a REAL phinfan...i want to WIN with everything we got.

A win would be nice. Its never good to lose at anything. But if they do lose its not that bad of a thing!

Jaj said:
Getting a 54 million contract from a QB who is not as good as Eli or Carson is not the way to fix this team. We have to find somebody to trade down with.
if you're referring to Feeley, i wouldnt have gone after him either to begin with but he is here and we have spielman to thank, and it should be left up to spielman to complete the vision he had or the mistake he made.

No I'm talking about Aaron Rodgers.

I doubt anyone will admit it if they did.I cant cheer against my team.But we are not talking playoff here so if it happens I wont be upset.The way I see it its win-win..

It doesn't matter if we lose or win....if we finish in a tie with SF, SF still gets the nod. The decision, for the first pick in case of a tie in record is the strength of schedule, which we would lose to SF in that case...I read it today in either the Herald or SunSentinal...I'm sorry, I can't find the article now or I would link it...

Back
Top Bottom