anyone else impressed with Andre Goodman? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone else impressed with Andre Goodman?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
That is quite a stretch. We would be very fortunate if our pass defense were to rank in the top 10. The thing that might help is benefitting from a good pass rush that we should generate. The negative thing to that is that teams will be throwing on us a lot because we do have a very good front 7.

I don't know about that. It's hard to find good depth in the secondary.
Very few teams have the luxury of 2 pro bowl caliber CB's like we had with Madison and Surtain several yrs back.
Nearly every team has question marks in the secondary

Errr... From my television last Saturday, I couldn't tell. He made a nice play in the endzone.

If Goodman can stay healthy I see him starting for us, and playing solid. He has all the tools and Saban & Capers will give him the smarts, schemes and tools.

burghPhinFan said:
While watching the game vs. the JAGs, he seemed to have good technique and made a great play in the endzone to break up a pass and NOT get called for PI.

I don't know if I would say impressed but he looked good out there.

Maybe after suffering through a season of watching Reggie "tha Toast" Howard, Goodman in comparison may look like a pro bowl corner to some fin fans.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Are you suggesting it wouldn't be a stretch to say that the Bills and Jets will meet in the AFC title game? I think it is say to say, that is a stretch.
:lol: That's beyond a stretch.

burghPhinFan said:
I was impressed with Allen as well, after just 6 practices, he was always seems to be around the ball. It's encouraging to think how well he'll be doing once he really gets the system 'down'. One would think we should really start to see him making big plays.:cooldude:

We definately got the better corner as of this momement when the Giants got Madison and we got Allen. Allen comes up and makes a tackle against the run, he covers the receiver, and he's got the attitude that you look for in a starter(He comes in knowing that the he came in to start and not starting would not sit well with him).

Would love to see it on a consistent and sustained basis. Reggie Howard looked pretty good in preseason for a couple of season's too. However, I think Goodman CAN be a good CB and hope that he proves me right.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Are you suggesting it wouldn't be a stretch to say that the Bills and Jets will meet in the AFC title game? I think it is say to say, that is a stretch.

I guess you could of made that same argument when the pats won their first superbowl. The year prior they stunk up the league and also the panthers when they went to the superbowl but lost to the pats. Both of these teams and others are prime examples about parity.

Anything can happen. Dont fool yourself and think just because they are a bad team doesnt mean they cant turn it around the follwing season.

He caught my attention. Lets hope he can keep it. I would'nt be surprised if he starts for the rest of preseason.

Back
Top Bottom