Anyone Else Miss Ol' Gus???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Else Miss Ol' Gus????

ThaGame17

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I definitly miss gus frerotte..... atleast he trusted our recievers.... or he was just stupid enough to throw it up to them.
We have an explosive offense in our running back and recievers.... Daunte just doesnt trust them. Same with Mularkey.

Point 1: Worst rush defense in the league or atleast close to it are the Texans.... GIVE RONNIE SOME MOTHER F'N CARRIES ... i think he got about 10 ish?

Point 2: PASS THE BALL FOR MORE THAN 5 YARDS. Throw it up to chambers and booker and mcmike.... they will get it.... they did it all last year and thats how we won games..... 5 yard passes when its 3rd and 20 are NOT going to get it done.

Point 3: Get gus back or put harrington in.... im not trying to say daunte is a bad qb because he's not.... he just doesn't trust these recievers and he doesnt trust his o line. Harrington and Gus would have atleast given them a TD before the 4th quarter.

:fire:

'pepper doesnt trust himself and therefore the rest of the team doesnt trust him.

gus evaded the rush and always got the ball out, but he was so inaccurate, it didnt matter

ThaGame17 said:
I definitly miss gus frerotte..... atleast he trusted our recievers.... or he was just stupid enough to throw it up to them.
We have an explosive offense in our running back and recievers.... Daunte just doesnt trust them. Same with Mularkey.

Point 1: Worst rush defense in the league or atleast close to it are the Texans.... GIVE RONNIE SOME MOTHER F'N CARRIES ... i think he got about 10 ish?

Point 2: PASS THE BALL FOR MORE THAN 5 YARDS. Throw it up to chambers and booker and mcmike.... they will get it.... they did it all last year and thats how we won games..... 5 yard passes when its 3rd and 20 are NOT going to get it done.

Point 3: Get gus back or put harrington in.... im not trying to say daunte is a bad qb because he's not.... he just doesn't trust these recievers and he doesnt trust his o line. Harrington and Gus would have atleast given them a TD before the 4th quarter.

:fire:

Wow....Just...Wow.....Gus Ferrotte...Listen to yourself.:shakeno:

I actually ummmm want the phins to win games.... last time we did that CONSISTANTLY..... was last year right??? Can anyone tell me who the qb was?? ohhhh thats right it was gus. thank you come again

ThaGame17 said:
I actually ummmm want the phins to win games.... last time we did that CONSISTANTLY..... was last year right??? Can anyone tell me who the qb was?? ohhhh thats right it was gus. thank you come again

and he was rewarded by

being on a bench

can you tell me why?

because he is a backup, last year we had a better oline and a better OC

I want Gus back too, seriously. When Daunte got hurt and he came in, our offense clicked to the tune of averaging 38 pts in a three game stretch. Yeah, the completion percentage wasn't very good, but jesus who cares if all u throw are dumpoffs. The Dolphins would be sitting at 4-0 if Frerotte had started.

Frerrotte struggled with inaccuracy and that coupled with our WR's and TE's tendencies to DROP passes was very frustrating to deal with. However, he looks like a master in the pocket next to Duante Culpepper and made very few bonehead mistakes. He had no problem going down the field, which I liked a lot. Although he wasn't as successful I liked Gus better than Jay because he loved going deep and that made the offense fun to watch. Anyone here hwo doen't think the Miami offense wasn't 10 times better last season than it is now is kidding themselves. Last years unit would have hung 30 on the TExans defense.

One of the few QBs Culpepper is better than right now is Gus. Gus Fiedler Lucas are all distant nightmares. Daunte is just a bad dream. Maybe next year we'll have pleasant dreams again

brandon1986 said:
and he was rewarded by

being on a bench

can you tell me why?

because he is a backup, last year we had a better oline and a better OC

I dont care what he is .... HE WON GAMES FOR US..... thats actually the point of the game.... to win... sooo i duno if you think they play for sh**s and giggles but gus = winner in miami whether or not he is a true starter or a
bench warmer and daunte= loser..... here and in minnesota without moss

And our o line has always sucked so thats no excuse and if u actually watch the games.. daunte has time to throw it ... he just doesnt have time to wait for chambers to get to the parking lot to do it. The offensive coordinator picks the plays ( stupid ones at that) but hes not the one giving up mario williams first sack n a half of his career because he waited too long....

ThaGame17 said:

You'd have a point if qb was the only difference between last years team and this one. But since it isnt, thank you go away.

adamprez2003 said:
One of the few QBs Culpepper is better than right now is Gus. Gus Fiedler Lucas are all distant nightmares. Daunte is just a bad dream. Maybe next year we'll have pleasant dreams again
Who is the Dolphins QB next year?

Back
Top Bottom