Anyone Else Miss Ol' Gus???? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Else Miss Ol' Gus????

Vikefan29 said:
Look, Daunte has now been involved in my 2 favorite teams so I don't know where this troll stuff is coming from. Funny how u can say a little sarcastic piece and never answer any of the true issues. Daunte has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory for his whole career and people are finally calling him on it. Its gonna happen if u don't live up to expectations after having a good first year as a starter.

Don't be surprised, that's what Daunte apologists always do. Every week so far is going to be the week we see the 38 TD guy, then when it's not the excuses pour in. There are other places to lay blame besides just him but I'm pretty tired of people acting like he's not playing poorly just because of who he is. Every QB in the league deals with a pass rush, the good ones overcome it.

2 words...., nah, make it three.......

HELL **** NO!

I miss Linehan though...

RHoffman said:
can anyone honestly say that Gus was worse?

Well not one team in the league signed him to be thier starter,that speaks volumes even though some act like they don't hear.

dlockz said:
Well not one team in the league signed him to be thier starter,that speaks volumes even though some act like they don't hear.
Nobody drafted Tom Brady till the 7th round so I guess those football personnel guys are just awesome arent they. How did Terrell Davis slip to the 6th round? All those geniouses thought he was too small, thats how. I hate the whole "the GM knows more about football than U" speech. In many cases yes, but in some cases not necessarily true.

Vikefan29 said:
Nobody drafted Tom Brady till the 7th round so I guess those football personnel guys are just awesome arent they. How did Terrell Davis slip to the 6th round? All those geniouses thought he was too small, thats how. I hate the whole "the GM knows more about football than U" speech. In many cases yes, but in some cases not necessarily true.

He is not an unproven rookie, he is a 1o year vet, I think every GM knows all they need about Gus Frerotte. I don't believe all NFL Gm's know more than everybody but after his so called career year not one team offered him a starting job or chance to play for one. Your observations on the draft have nothing to do with this subject since he is no longer an unknown quanity. Not many players wait 10 years to actually show they can be good with the exclusion of Rich Gannon. Besides Gannon there are almost no cases of a player blossoming after 10 years.

dlockz said:
He is not an unproven rookie, he is a 1o year vet, I think every GM knows all they need about Gus Frerotte. I don't believe all NFL Gm's know more than everybody but after his so called career year not one team offered him a starting job or chance to play for one. Your observations on the draft have nothing to do with this subject since he is no longer an unknown quanity. Not many players wait 10 years to actually show they can be good with the exclusion of Rich Gannon. Besides Gannon there are almost no cases of a player blossoming after 10 years.
My point was obviously missed, and it was that sometimes people fall through the cracks and go unnoticed personnel wise, but one person sees something in them, gives them a chance and they turn out OK.

you know the biggest difference other than the obvious is..... last years team and last years qb looked like they were having fun. This team isn't even pretending to.

try something new. bring in harrington. Joey didn't stand a chance in detroit, he has first round talent, lets see if we got a steal. C-pep is lousy thus far, i see why minnesota dumped him.

Vikefan29 said:
My point was obviously missed, and it was that sometimes people fall through the cracks and go unnoticed personnel wise, but one person sees something in them, gives them a chance and they turn out OK.

I agree especially draftwise but my comment was only regarding Frerotte, whom teams have seen enough of to have a good idea what he can do. Saban wasted no time in replacing him.

ThaGame17 said:
I definitly miss gus frerotte..... atleast he trusted our recievers.... or he was just stupid enough to throw it up to them.
We have an explosive offense in our running back and recievers.... Daunte just doesnt trust them. Same with Mularkey.

Point 1: Worst rush defense in the league or atleast close to it are the Texans.... GIVE RONNIE SOME MOTHER F'N CARRIES ... i think he got about 10 ish?

Point 2: PASS THE BALL FOR MORE THAN 5 YARDS. Throw it up to chambers and booker and mcmike.... they will get it.... they did it all last year and thats how we won games..... 5 yard passes when its 3rd and 20 are NOT going to get it done.

Point 3: Get gus back or put harrington in.... im not trying to say daunte is a bad qb because he's not.... he just doesn't trust these recievers and he doesnt trust his o line. Harrington and Gus would have atleast given them a TD before the 4th quarter.

:fire:
thank you

dlockz said:

The funny thing is that you and the rest of the gus haters said this last year and thought he would bring us down.... i dont care where he is right now... i dont care if he got cut from every team in the nfl.... he was hated this bad last year and he came in to miami and helped us win 9 games... (6 straight) until someone else does that for the dolphins..... i want GUS "WINNER IN MIAMI" FREROTTE.

Ya'll can say what you want but the point is..... Gus won Miami games.... Daunte doesnt. and by the way .... the offensive coordinator isnt the one getting sacked after 4 seconds and isnt the one making stupid decisions .... on the field atleast ... (alright both mularkey and culpepper make dumb decisions therefore combined they bring down the phins)

ThaGame17 said:
I definitly miss gus frerotte..... atleast he trusted our recievers.... or he was just stupid enough to throw it up to them.
We have an explosive offense in our running back and recievers.... Daunte just doesnt trust them. Same with Mularkey.

Point 1: Worst rush defense in the league or atleast close to it are the Texans.... GIVE RONNIE SOME MOTHER F'N CARRIES ... i think he got about 10 ish?

Point 2: PASS THE BALL FOR MORE THAN 5 YARDS. Throw it up to chambers and booker and mcmike.... they will get it.... they did it all last year and thats how we won games..... 5 yard passes when its 3rd and 20 are NOT going to get it done.

Point 3: Get gus back or put harrington in.... im not trying to say daunte is a bad qb because he's not.... he just doesn't trust these recievers and he doesnt trust his o line. Harrington and Gus would have atleast given them a TD before the 4th quarter.

:fire:

Uh, you had a pretty good post going til you said Daunte isn't a bad QB. Daunte isn't bad, he's horrible! Daunte is a washed up, overrated, running QB with no mobility. He is not a pocket passer, isn't good at reading defenses, takes way too long to get rid of the ball, and just plain makes too many bad plays. The Dolphins will never be a good team with this guy leading the offense. Saban made a major mistake betting the future on this guy. Until Culpepper is benched the Phins will continue looking lost on offense and continue losing games. Anyone but Culpepper!

ThaGame17 said:
The funny thing is that you and the rest of the gus haters said this last year and thought he would bring us down.... i dont care where he is right now... i dont care if he got cut from every team in the nfl.... he was hated this bad last year and he came in to miami and helped us win 9 games... (6 straight) until someone else does that for the dolphins..... i want GUS "WINNER IN MIAMI" FREROTTE.

Ya'll can say what you want but the point is..... Gus won Miami games.... Daunte doesnt. and by the way .... the offensive coordinator isnt the one getting sacked after 4 seconds and isnt the one making stupid decisions .... on the field atleast ... (alright both mularkey and culpepper make dumb decisions therefore combined they bring down the phins)

Gus did not win one game with Miami, the team won those games. Im like all 32 NFL GMs and coaches on this issue lets not dicuss another team's backup.
Gus did the best he ever did and we still did not want him as a starter so blame Saban if u like. The line is awful this year they have regressed so keep hoping for Frerotte, with protection like this he would not have to bash his own head into a wall.

Anyone advocating that we would be better off with Gus should be given a message board mandated 4 game suspension for drug use.

Back
Top Bottom