Anyone else noticed this during the cleveland game...? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else noticed this during the cleveland game...?

fisi

Active Roster
Reaction score
...At least a couple of times, the Cleveland defense due to a some mixed up, I think, left Mike Wallace uncovered, I mean wide open for a second but Tannehill didn't see it. Maybe that's why Wallace was mad. I know veteran QB would have made them pay for that mistake.

I know he was open in the end zone when I think he passed it to Gibson or Hart like on the 5 yard line, he look frustrated at that moment because it was a sure TD

One of Tannehills short coming is the lack of being able to see the whole field.. Hopefully, with time and a little patience from the fans, he can grow into the speed of the game.. It would have been nice if he already had it, but he doesnt, so we must wait and keep our fingers crossed

It's Thursday and we're still bashing the team after a win that happened 4 days ago. Man its great to be a Dolphins fan.

I thought I saw him open in the end zone on the play that Tannehill connected with Hartline around the 5 or 6 yard line. Looks like Wallace was open in the back of the end zone. You're not imagining things here.

Unless you have game film the coaches have, I'm not sure we can see the entire play unfold.

QB isn't always going to see every guy, open or not. And sometimes the progression is X then X then X...
There's lots of factors at play. Even Brady misses open recievers.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

One of Tannehills short coming is the lack of being able to see the whole field.. Hopefully, with time and a little patience from the fans, he can grow into the speed of the game.. It would have been nice if he already had it, but he doesnt, so we must wait and keep our fingers crossed

Dude is in what? His third year playing the position?

QB isn't always going to see every guy, open or not. And sometimes the progression is X then X then X...
There's lots of factors at play. Even Brady misses open recievers.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Dude is in what? His third year playing the position?

I agree, but it's a part of his game that has been moving slower than other parts. I noticed it his first year, but I thought well he's a rookie.. Now the 2nd year, still not making reads you'd like to see.. He needs to get it together if he wants to make good plays on the regular. He sure has the talent to do so. Those dump passes may beat a team like Cleveland, but when we're playing the top dogs of the league; Falcons, NE, Denver etc we'll need to outscore them and 5 yard passes don't do it, js.

It's not bashing, it's just constructive criticism. You have to be honest here.

He tends to panic when the pocket breaks down and lacks great awareness in general.

He seems to be making progress but we'll see if he can put it together to get to that next level.

I agree, but it's a part of his game that has been moving slower than other parts. I noticed it his first year, but I thought well he's a rookie.. Now the 2nd year, still not making reads you'd like to see.. He needs to get it together if he wants to make good plays on the regular. He sure has the talent to do so. Those dump passes may beat a team like Cleveland, but when we're playing the top dogs of the league; Falcons, NE, Denver etc we'll need to outscore them and 5 yard passes don't do it, js.

It's not bashing, it's just constructive criticism. You have to be honest here.

He was making tough passes and putting balls on the recievers hands. They have to catch the ball.
What do you characterize as "dump" passes? Speed outs and similar routes are an integral part of a spread offense

The QB isn't the only one who has to hurry to the line to snap the ball when a WR is uncovered for a few secs. The entire rest of the offense would have to be in synch to pull that off. The chances of doing successfully are low but let's blame Tannehill anyway.

It's Thursday and we're still bashing the team after a win that happened 4 days ago. Man its great to be a Dolphins fan.

Personally I find it a little ridiculous on here that any type of analysis, discussion topic, or any mention of things that weren't perfect from a game that we won are met with this type of comment. It's silly to act like these type of threads are raining on the parade when you're also posting in a thread merely to criticize those who made it.

Philibin says it over and over again we don' target individual players we target which receiver will be open by the given coverage. I believe Tannehill is making the reads he is being asked to make. So if Wallace is as open as you say he is then the coaches will review the fill and adjust their plan.

...At least a couple of times, the Cleveland defense due to a some mixed up, I think, left Mike Wallace uncovered, I mean wide open for a second but Tannehill didn't see it. Maybe that's why Wallace was mad. I know veteran QB would have made them pay for that mistake.

You are not alone here man. I'm pretty sure Philbin & Co took note of this and will work with Ryan about it.

Back
Top Bottom