Anyone else psyched about some cold weather games?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else psyched about some cold weather games??

And the last time the cold weather Jets made the Superbowl was when? I believe every team in the AFC east has been to the dance a few times since the last time you guys whiffed a SB painted field.

Don't worry about us. Just you worry about Seattle. I'm sure Holmgren will have things to say about your trip to the post season.

It's not about when we last won a SB, this is about Miami coming to a cold weather City where they haven't won a game that was meaningful for both teams since the early 80s.

Your last SB win was only 5 years after ours so please don't crow about that, it just makes you look silly.[/quote]

My friend.. we won back to back SB 5 years later than you.. but we've BEEN to superbowls at least since then... So you're quite silly with your argument.

I think you need to take a step back with all the trash talk especially the way you've been playing. Favre is in trouble. Talk about noodle arm. Just get through this week..

So a guy like leon Washington shouldn't be able to play in cold b/c he isn't used to it yet? When you practice in it every day your body adjusts. For anormal person who is nopt soutside for hours a day multiple days a week it may take longer to adjust but players are int he elements all the time and their bodies adjust quickly so players practicing in cold are used to it and players practicing in heat are used to it. Again, it doesn't mean we'll win but we do have an advantage just like you had the advantage in week 1.

Teams practice inside bubbles in the winter. I know the Packers practice indoors all winter long!!!

I love Big Ten football and am a huge Ohio State fan. I think if USC or Florida came to play in Columbus in November the Buckeyes would dominate them. As for the NFL though, I always get nervous when the Dolphins have to play in the cold. Warm weather teams just aren't use to playing in cold weather and are at a disadvantage.

:sidelol: Oh that's funny

It's not about when we last won a SB, this is about Miami coming to a cold weather City where they haven't won a game that was meaningful for both teams since the early 80s.

Your last SB win was only 5 years after ours so please don't crow about that, it just makes you look silly.

My friend.. we won back to back SB 5 years later than you.. but we've BEEN to superbowls at least since then... So you're quite silly with your argument.

I think you need to take a step back with all the trash talk especially the way you've been playing. Favre is in trouble. Talk about noodle arm. Just get through this week..[/QUOTE]

Those back to back SBs were 35 & 36 years ago, your last appearance was almost 25 years ago. There are players on our teams that weren't even born the last time Miami went to a SB. At least we have been close to one in the last decade.

Teams practice inside bubbles in the winter. I know the Packers practice indoors all winter long!!!

The Jets just practiced inside this week for the first time all year. The Jets rarely use their indoor facility.

That way of thinking is why people have long considered the Dolphins a "soft" team.

No if anyone has considered the Dolphins soft it's been because until this year, they've stunk the place up the last 4-5 years.

Playing in the 70s in December sounds just fine to me. No need to play in terrible 15 degree weather with the wind blowing all over the place

i really dont care about the temperature for the game... i prefer not to have rain/snow because that effects the outcome and limits the athleticism of players which is no fun...

the temperature though has no bearing on my enjoyment of the game... its the same when i watch it whether its 20 degrees or 70 degrees... as long as its a sunny day and all is clear, im fine...

Serious question- when is the last time Miami won a cold weather game where it was a meaningful game for both the dolphins and their opponent?

Already knowing the answer, I don't understand why you'd ask the question. Do you really feel like a well accomplished big shot b/c the Jets have beaten our team the last few years?

It's not about when we last won a SB, this is about Miami coming to a cold weather City where they haven't won a game that was meaningful for both teams since the early 80s.And the last time the cold weather Jets made the Superbowl was when? I believe every team in the AFC east has been to the dance a few times since the last time you guys whiffed a SB painted field.

Your last SB win was only 5 years after ours so please don't crow about that, it just makes you look silly.

No, it's ALL about winning Super Bowls as that's the reason the game is played. As you noted and as we've noted, both our teams haven't won the big game in over 35 years.

No if anyone has considered the Dolphins soft it's been because until this year, they've stunk the place up the last 4-5 years.

Playing in the 70s in December sounds just fine to me. No need to play in terrible 15 degree weather with the wind blowing all over the place

It's not just the last 4-5 years, it's almost 30 years. Miami hasn't played wlel in cold weather games when the game is meaningful to both teams.

Already knowing the answer, I don't understand why you'd ask the question. Do you really feel like a well accomplished big shot b/c the Jets have beaten our team the last few years?

Last few years? We have dominated you for a decade. Your last 4 playoff teams we went 8-0 against.

Yes but you can count the number of games that The Fins have actually played in very cold weather on your two hands. That is why such a big deal is made out of the last time this and the last time that. It is because it has been so infrequent that the stat is fairly meaningless.
16 degrees for a high this Sunday baby should make the Meadowlands feel downright balmy next week. Let's take care of business this weekend and go from there. It's this weekend that NY is getting the snow anyway.

Yes but you can count the number of games that The Fins have actually played in very cold weather on your two hands. That is why such a big deal is made out of the last time this and the last time that. It is because it has been so infrequent that the stat is fairly meaningless.
16 degrees for a high this Sunday baby should make the Meadowlands feel downright balmy next week. Let's take care of business this weekend and go from there. It's this weekend that NY is getting the snow anyway.

Games meaningful to both Miami and their opponent:

2003 at NE: L 12-0
2002 at Buf: L 38-21
2002 at NE: L 27-24
2001 at NE: L 20-13
1999 at Was: L 21-10
1999 at NYJ: L 28-20
1995 at Buf(reg): L 23-20
1995 at Buf(playoffs): L 37-22
1990 at Buf(reg): L 24-14
1990 at Buf(playoffs): L 44-34

I'm all for a snow bowl on Dec. 28, but I swear to god if I have to watch old man fairy jump around and make snow angels after throwing a TD I'm gonna....

keith byars snow angel was one of the most beautiful sights i have ever seen in the snow. you take that back

I just moved from NY to GA. They say it takes about 5 years for your blood to thin out before you start to feel the effects of the cold. The players I have named haven't been on the team for more tha 2 years so they are not use to miami heat. Trust me I have been in Ga for about 3 years now and i still hate the heat I always love it when i have to go back to NY in the winter..

So a guy like leon Washington shouldn't be able to play in cold b/c he isn't used to it yet? When you practice in it every day your body adjusts. For anormal person who is nopt soutside for hours a day multiple days a week it may take longer to adjust but players are int he elements all the time and their bodies adjust quickly so players practicing in cold are used to it and players practicing in heat are used to it. Again, it doesn't mean we'll win but we do have an advantage just like you had the advantage in week 1.[/quote] I heard that for Miami to get ready for the next two cold weather games they were going to practice in the bubble and turn on the fans.

Back
Top Bottom