Anyone else psyched about some cold weather games?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else psyched about some cold weather games??

Serious question- when is the last time Miami won a cold weather game where it was a meaningful game for both the dolphins and their opponent?

Back in '91 and '92 the Dolphins beat the Bears and Patriots respectively.

As for meaningful, probably only the Patriot game was.

We can't help it, when it's cold and the games are meaningful, we usually host them.

Why do people make such a bid deal about cold/hot weather teams. Half of the players on the dolphins played on cold weather teams. Chad(Jets) Joey(Pitt) Jake(Mich) Ginn(ohio) and many more. We act like all the Dolphins players were born in Miami. Playing in cold doesn"t even matter once you start moving you don't even think about it. Being cold is all in the mind. We are a differnt team, we are much stronger mentally... Oh yeah I am also from NY so i know cold!!!

Why do people make such a bid deal about cold/hot weather teams. Half of the players on the dolphins played on cold weather teams. Chad(Jets) Joey(Pitt) Jake(Mich) Ginn(ohio) and many more. We act like all the Dolphins players were born in Miami. Playing in cold doesn"t even matter once you start moving you don't even think about it. Being cold is all in the mind. We are a differnt team, we are much stronger mentally... Oh yeah I am also from NY so i know cold!!!

That's exactly what several of the Dolphins players said. The media and fans are the ones who make so much of it. The opposing team tries to use it as a psychological thing against the other team also.

December 28, 2008

I know just like 9/7/08, 12/2/07, 9/23/07, 12/26/06, etc.... I know you'll beat us the next time we play b/c according to every dolphin fan you will always beat us but answer the question. When was the last time Miami won a cold weather game that was meaningful to both them and their opponent?

Back in '91 and '92 the Dolphins beat the Bears and Patriots respectively.

As for meaningful, probably only the Patriot game was.

We can't help it, when it's cold and the games are meaningful, we usually host them.

Meaninful to both teams, that Chicago game was in Novemeber so there was alot of football to played. NE was 2-14 in 1992 so how meaningful was that game for them?

It's not abou being bron or growing up in hot/cold weather. You don't think rosters are littered w/ Florida players that play Miami in September and lose? You get used to the elements you are in. It is a factor, ti doesn't mean a warm weather team can't win in cold in dec or a cold weather team can't win in brutal heat in September but it is a factor.

it's not abou being bron or growing up in hot/cold weather. You don't think rosters are littered w/ Florida players that play Miami in September and lose? You get used to the elements you are in. It is a factor, ti doesn't mean a warm weather team can't win in cold in dec or a cold weather team can't win in brutal heat in September but it is a factor.[/quote]

I just moved from NY to GA. They say it takes about 5 years for your blood to thin out before you start to feel the effects of the cold. The players I have named haven't been on the team for more tha 2 years so they are not use to miami heat. Trust me I have been in Ga for about 3 years now and i still hate the heat I always love it when i have to go back to NY in the winter..

When football is played in the elements of bad weather it is what separates the game from all other sports. Playing in snow, cold weather and rain is what makes this game great. I'm ready, I want to see if we really are for real. If this Miami team goes into KC and NYJ and wins we really have something here... Then I will know this team is for real and will be really excited for the playoffs.

it's not abou being bron or growing up in hot/cold weather. You don't think rosters are littered w/ Florida players that play Miami in September and lose? You get used to the elements you are in. It is a factor, ti doesn't mean a warm weather team can't win in cold in dec or a cold weather team can't win in brutal heat in September but it is a factor.

I just moved from NY to GA. They say it takes about 5 years for your blood to thin out before you start to feel the effects of the cold. The players I have named haven't been on the team for more tha 2 years so they are not use to miami heat. Trust me I have been in Ga for about 3 years now and i still hate the heat I always love it when i have to go back to NY in the winter..[/QUOTE]

So a guy like leon Washington shouldn't be able to play in cold b/c he isn't used to it yet? When you practice in it every day your body adjusts. For anormal person who is nopt soutside for hours a day multiple days a week it may take longer to adjust but players are int he elements all the time and their bodies adjust quickly so players practicing in cold are used to it and players practicing in heat are used to it. Again, it doesn't mean we'll win but we do have an advantage just like you had the advantage in week 1.

I just moved from NY to GA. They say it takes about 5 years for your blood to thin out before you start to feel the effects of the cold. The players I have named haven't been on the team for more tha 2 years so they are not use to miami heat. Trust me I have been in Ga for about 3 years now and i still hate the heat I always love it when i have to go back to NY in the winter..

So a guy like leon Washington shouldn't be able to play in cold b/c he isn't used to it yet? When you practice in it every day your body adjusts. For anormal person who is nopt soutside for hours a day multiple days a week it may take longer to adjust but players are int he elements all the time and their bodies adjust quickly so players practicing in cold are used to it and players practicing in heat are used to it. Again, it doesn't mean we'll win but we do have an advantage just like you had the advantage in week 1.[/quote]

Did you win? of course you did so it doesn't matter, football is football these are well trained athletes. If it was baseball then maybe it would matter but footbal is played in the elements Playing in cold or heat is an excuse to lose. I remember when they said Tampa Bay couldn't win when it was under 40 degrees, but they went into Philly a handed them a loss when it was 32 degrees and then won the superbowl. If you want to think it matters for your personal comfort then go ahead. I think this Dolphins team is much tougher than the teams in the past, just be honest with yourself don't you think so too!!!

I love Big Ten football and am a huge Ohio State fan. I think if USC or Florida came to play in Columbus in November the Buckeyes would dominate them. As for the NFL though, I always get nervous when the Dolphins have to play in the cold. Warm weather teams just aren't use to playing in cold weather and are at a disadvantage.

Losing because of the cold is an excuse. It's the same for both teams. Cold weather teams practice in bubbles nowadays.. not in the cold.

If you want to win a superbowl.. you HAVE to play in the cold. Unless you're the best team in the conference. Which we're not. CHAMPIONS don't use the weather as an excuse to why they won.. or why they lost. The media does. And fans who care more about tans than football.

Football isn't a pansies sport. It's dirty, it's bloody, it's muddy, and yea.. sometimes it's downright freezing and snowy. These are MEN.. the gladiators of our era. If they can't walk on frozen field of battle then they shouldn't even play the game.

Go play golf if you want sunny skies and a temp of 80!

So a guy like leon Washington shouldn't be able to play in cold b/c he isn't used to it yet? When you practice in it every day your body adjusts. For anormal person who is nopt soutside for hours a day multiple days a week it may take longer to adjust but players are int he elements all the time and their bodies adjust quickly so players practicing in cold are used to it and players practicing in heat are used to it. Again, it doesn't mean we'll win but we do have an advantage just like you had the advantage in week 1.

Did you win? of course you did so it doesn't matter, football is football these are well trained athletes. If it was baseball then maybe it would matter but footbal is played in the elements Playing in cold or heat is an excuse to lose. I remember when they said Tampa Bay couldn't win when it was under 40 degrees, but they went into Philly a handed them a loss when it was 32 degrees and then won the superbowl. If you want to think it matters for your personal comfort then go ahead. I think this Dolphins team is much tougher than the teams in the past, just be honest with yourself don't you think so too!!![/QUOTE]

I think that was Tampa's 1st sub 40 win ever. You guys have't won in cold weather in a meaningful game since the 80s. it's definitely a factor.

You can say you THINk this dolphin team is tougher but they have to prove it.

Did you win? of course you did so it doesn't matter, football is football these are well trained athletes. If it was baseball then maybe it would matter but footbal is played in the elements Playing in cold or heat is an excuse to lose. I remember when they said Tampa Bay couldn't win when it was under 40 degrees, but they went into Philly a handed them a loss when it was 32 degrees and then won the superbowl. If you want to think it matters for your personal comfort then go ahead. I think this Dolphins team is much tougher than the teams in the past, just be honest with yourself don't you think so too!!!

I think that was Tampa's 1st sub 40 win ever. You guys have't won in cold weather in a meaningful game since the 80s. it's definitely a factor.

You can say you THINk this dolphin team is tougher but they have to prove it.[/quote]

You are right!! but things change..just like it did for Tampa Bay!!!

And the last time the cold weather Jets made the Superbowl was when? I believe every team in the AFC east has been to the dance a few times since the last time you guys whiffed a SB painted field.

Don't worry about us. Just you worry about Seattle. I'm sure Holmgren will have things to say about your trip to the post season.

You can say you THINk this dolphin team is tougher but they have to prove it.

And the last time the cold weather Jets made the Superbowl was when? I believe every team in the AFC east has been to the dance a few times since the last time you guys whiffed a SB painted field.

Don't worry about us. Just you worry about Seattle. I'm sure Holmgren will have things to say about your trip to the post season.[/QUOTE]

It's not about when we last won a SB, this is about Miami coming to a cold weather City where they haven't won a game that was meaningful for both teams since the early 80s.

Your last SB win was only 5 years after ours so please don't crow about that, it just makes you look silly.

Back
Top Bottom