Anyone else see on NFL network Rod Woodson mention Marino? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else see on NFL network Rod Woodson mention Marino?

CashInFist said:
He was talking about another QB (can't remember which) and mentioned, "It took Marino two seasons before he started". What is up with that??? Dan Marino started the last 10 games of his rookie season and was the youngest rookie QB ever to start the Pro Bowl. He threw 20 TD's for cryin' out loud! Also, Marino had the "magical" season in his sophomore season (48 TD's,5084 yards!!!). It doesn't take a Dolphins fan for that to be common knowledge. He needs to get his facts straight if he is going to host a national TV show. Especially for a long-time NFL star! You were awesome when you played Rod, but that was pretty weak.

Edit: I was wrong on one thing, he was the ONLY ROOKIE QB to ever start the Pro Bowl.

This just goes to show that people on TV - whether ex-athlete or not - don't know everything about every team. Let's face it, there's a lot to know. Granted, Woodson should do everything he can to research players/teams he's talking about, but he's bound to make mistakes. That guy in the Pittsburgh broadcast on the NFL Network's replay kept calling Welker "Wes Walker" over and over and over again - even when the back of his jersey was shown accross the entire screen! You would think an announcer would research this stuff before the game.

It's amazing these guys don't goof up more often!

Ah i hate Rod Woodson, i bought an authentic Rod Woodson Steelers Jersey for my ex-girlfriend who was a Steelers fan, back a few years ago, it was like $200.000, and then a month later he ends up in Baltimore. I wasted good money and to make it worse our relationship lasted like 2 more months after he went to Baltimore.....Jerk....

CashInFist said:
You really think that less than 95% of true Dolphins fans don't know that Dan Marino's best year was his second season when they went to the Super Bowl? I would think that every true NFL fan would know that.

Keep in mind... some of the younger fans out there were either too young to remember, or weren't even born yet, when Marino was a rookie/sophmore...

Rod Woodson should know better though, it may be that he's just blanking out the times Dan burned him... :lol:

FlyersCupCrazy said:
Ah i hate Rod Woodson, i bought an authentic Rod Woodson Steelers Jersey for my ex-girlfriend who was a Steelers fan, back a few years ago, it was like $200.000, and then a month later he ends up in Baltimore. I wasted good money and to make it worse our relationship lasted like 2 more months after he went to Baltimore.....Jerk....

Rod Woodson was a Steeler in 1996. You spent $200 on a jersey at the age of 5? Also, do they even make toddler authentics?

Who cares? Everybody knows Marino is a god and that Peyton Manning's supposed record-breaking season last year shouldn't count because he plays a longer schedule.

Brann said:
Who cares? Everybody knows Marino is a god and that Peyton Manning's supposed record-breaking season last year shouldn't count because he plays a longer schedule.
What!? It shouldn't count because he plays a longer schedule? Look, man, it's one thing to honor Marino and his amazing NFL run but you can't take anything away from Manning. Yes, he has a running game, he plays indoors, blah blah blah, Manning is a good QB and it's ridiculous to say his NFL record shouldn't count. You have to be crazy to say something like that, by your beliefs there shouldn't be any records since we went to a 16-game season.
:shakeno:

Rod Woodson's a good guy and I always liked him on Total Access. He's not as bright and charismatic as Eisen or Kennedy but he knows what he's talking about and generally has good insight on things. I'm sure this is just a mistake, and he'll be getting hate-mail from Fin Fans everywhere very shortly.

popularwar said:
What!? It shouldn't count because he plays a longer schedule? Look, man, it's one thing to honor Marino and his amazing NFL run but you can't take anything away from Manning. Yes, he has a running game, he plays indoors, blah blah blah, Manning is a good QB and it's ridiculous to say his NFL record shouldn't count. You have to be crazy to say something like that, by your beliefs there shouldn't be any records since we went to a 16-game season.
:shakeno:

If Marino had had the weapons and advantages Manning has, we'd be discussing Marino's five Super Bowl rings.

Back
Top Bottom