Anyone else skipping the game this Sunday? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else skipping the game this Sunday?

34 years as a fan, and in the last ten years I have missed very, very few games. I live in Boston so I have to go out to see the games most of the time, unless they're nationally televised or playing the Pats. It's no longer worth my time and money to watch this team.

I just can't watch the same team make the same mistakes over, and over, and over. It's as if our FO hasn't learned anything from the last decade of failures. If I didn't know better, I would think that someone is trying to run this team into the ground.

Guess I'll just sit around and root against the Pats from now on. Woohoo.

Oakland 17, Miami 3.

BYE!!! No one needs you as a fan. Take care and don't let the fin hit you on the way out.

Just wondering in this economy, who would go to the game but can't afford to? I wonder how many fans really can't spend the extra cash right now and thats why the stadium looks half empty.

Just wondering in this economy, who would go to the game but can't afford to? I wonder how many fans really can't spend the extra cash right now and thats why the stadium looks half empty.

Yeah that's it. It has nothing to do with winning and losing. It's the economy. And South Florida is the only place hit by it! If we had made a playoff run last year and blew out Houston in week one while Tannehill threw 7 TD passes it would make no difference in attendance. It's the economy.

lol

I watch all the games but this has become a very depressing franchise.

Yeah that's it. It has nothing to do with winning and losing. It's the economy. And South Florida is the only place hit by it! If we had made a playoff run last year and blew out Houston in week one while Tannehill threw 7 TD passes it would make no difference in attendance. It's the economy.

lol
Thats not what i meant, i was just wondering if there are people who would go despite how bad the team is but can't afford to. But hey i enjoyed your little rant.

The economy isn't the only thing but it is a big issue,look at it this way, people who aren't struggling financially are generally bandwaggoners, like with the Heat. Now of course that's not all wealthy people, and that's not to say there aren't bandwaggoners who are struggling financially, but successful people don't generally have a deep knowledge on sports, cause they're too busy with bigger more important things, but they like winners, and usually will know as much as ESPN tells them to know. I think its a fair assumption that most of us die hands on this site are middle class, more or less, and will be a die hard fan through thick and thin, I mean we're currently fans so obviously we're not just here for the good times, and if a game comes up that we have the opportunity to attend we'll take advantage of it in a heart beat, win or lose. But things are tough economically, so you ask yourself if you'll spend this percentage off your pay check on seeing the games? or on groceries? We have to be more conscious with how we spend our money right now. And just look at how the social classes are in Miami, there is a huge gap between the wealthy and the poor. If you don't thinkbthe economy effects ticket sales, in any city in America, you're just as ignorant as Steven Ross for not lowering ticket prices to make up for that.

I apologize for jumping the gun, but I have seen my fair share of people arguing that point. That the decline in attendance is solely based on the economy. Which is, of course, ridiculous.

34 years as a fan, and in the last ten years I have missed very, very few games. I live in Boston so I have to go out to see the games most of the time, unless they're nationally televised or playing the Pats. It's no longer worth my time and money to watch this team.

I just can't watch the same team make the same mistakes over, and over, and over. It's as if our FO hasn't learned anything from the last decade of failures. If I didn't know better, I would think that someone is trying to run this team into the ground.

Oakland 17, Miami 3.
If you got rid of the red background, I wouldn't miss that. And I'm not missing the game either.

I apologize for jumping the gun, but I have seen my fair share of people arguing that point. That the decline in attendance is solely based on the economy. Which is, of course, ridiculous.
Understood, i agree but i live 20 min from yankee stadium and the lower sections even there are empty. I wish i was able to be down theer for the games, i have season tickets and live in NY. Do you live in Miami?

Oakland 17, Miami 3.

I'm not quite sure what I find more comical. Is it a poster, who has posted here 170 times in 4 years, needing to advise everyone of his intent of quitting as a Phan? Or, is it all the posters who thanked him for doing so?

It is a difficult choice, and comical no matter which you choose.

im interested to see if tannenhill is progressing or not. This kid needs serious development, if our coaching staff thinks hes going to become this franchise qb on his own they are on a pipe dream. Tannenhill didnt even start pump faking until they told him to week 1, he didnt even know what a pump fake was.... so yea il be watching, but do i expect to win? hell no.

We get it dude... You aren't a Tanne-fan. But seriously, can you please give him a shot?

I could go on and on to cite examples of great QBs that take their lumps initially -- but it's been written ad nauseum. Hell, the Jets are still rolling with a joke of a starter after YEARS! You are ready to send Ryan packing because of one game where his stats were nearly similar to that of Andrew Luck, or (INSERT HERALDED ROOKIE HERE). We finally have a first round QB that has incredible athletic talent. Does he need work? Yep.

But can you give him at least half a freaking season to develop before you throw in the towel?

I think we'll see improvement down the stretch once everything starts clicking.
It's not about the end result, but the journey as well.

Back
Top Bottom