Anyone else still worried about the O Line? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else still worried about the O Line?

mbmonk

Dolphin's official bedwetter
Reaction score
I have been a rather stark critic of the FO early in FA. I must say they have proven me wrong for the most part, but the biggest glaring hole in the off season was the O-Line. I am not sure we have really fixed this situation. I must admit I dont know much about the OLine guys we have brought in this year, beside Jeno. I know alot of people are pushing for drafting some type of OLine.

For the sake of arguement say we dont pick up a starter in the draft for the OLine this year are we going to be good enough up front to make a decent run at a SB or even playoffs?

I will say this, I don't believe we will be worse then last year.

I think the O-line as it is today is fine and is already better than last year. I would feel comfortable starting the season with who we have now. Don't get me wrong though, I would still like to see some additions made either through draft or FA. I would like to see Grove or Andrews drafted.

i agree that we wont be worse than last year. i dont think we could be. I hated seeing Ricky get hit before his first step on almost every carry. Our O-line is the only thing that kept up from being an elite team. I am worried though that this years squad wont be that much better. I will sleep easier at night if we get Andrews in the draft.

Not worried at this point, but I'm ASSUMING they're going to do something to shore up RG/RT for the start of the season. McIntosh's injury status is the biggest obstacle to clarity imo. I think we did well getting him, but I'm concerned about St. Clair starting at tackle, or, alternatively, picking up someone like Andrew when McIntosh would otherwise be a fully serviceable player. I suppose we could draft Andrew, then move one of them inside; would provide for a lot of good depth, but seems that injury to McIntosh really seems to place a haze on the landscape and, potentially, may cause us to draft a kid that would cause a glut of OL for us.

I think we need to add someone to the OL to either compete for the starting RT spot ag St Clair until McIntosh gets back and / or compete for the starting RG spot. If that is done prior to TC, we are in better shape on the OL - especially age wise - they we have been

I will be worried about OLine and pretty much every other position until we see this team show us that they're as good as we think they are. I remember the paper champions that the Redskins put together a few years back...

I'm very worried in the right side of our line. We don't know who will be our RG and I'm not confident in St. Clair at RT. McIntosh probably won't be ready for the start of the season. I think we really need to add another guy who can compete for the starting job at RG. I am definitely in favor of drafting an offensive linemen with our first pick, if there isn't good value at #20 we should trade down.

I really don't like how incomplete the line feels at the present moment. As noted, it is just March and there is still a lot of time. I am starting to really like Spielman and his moves. I think we will be just fine come August/September. I know I will get a lot of flack on here, but I think our younger guards are ready to step in. Last year, ( I think it was the Baltimore game) we pretty much had all the backups in there (besides Wade Smith and Todd Wade) and I think they played real well. Dont' remember the stats, but I remember thinking we were moving the ball better that game then in the previous week and then the next week.

Our line is still sorry i aint b**ching!

This is incredible we couldent sign good o-line???? What is that we missed up on Tait, Coleman, and Woody thats how i know we cheap. I am saying yess Wade Smith will improve what about our guards???

Riz...Coleman ???? how can you put him in the same class as Tait and Woody...Hey, we took a legitimate shot at those two...not our fault.

On another note, anyone heard anything about Randall's visit ?? He would kind of clear up the haze and make me feel better about the line...That also would mean that if Andrews is not around, we would be ok going in another direction at #20.

To be honest, I wouldn't be too worried with Yates at RG, I would be more worried if it's Whitney. If we draft Andrews, that seems like a awfull lot of RT's, especially since we signed McIntosh to be our future RT. Right now, from center to RT is wide open in my opinion and that's a little concerning. It's Wade's 2nd year and will he have the sophmore lump hit him..so we still have a lot of work to do on the OL.

I will feel a lot better if we get ahold of Randall.

I'm comfident with smith starting Tackle. He played decent last year as a rookie, he'll be bigger and wiser this year. Not a pro-bowler, but he should be adequate. McIntosh is a big ? right now, I want him healthy, he's a solid player, and MUCH cheaper than Wade IMO. An upgrade? I think so when he's healthy, but even if hes not, he's a hell of a lot cheaper....

I think Randall is solid as well, here's how i think things will pan out.....

SPlan on starting Smith at Tackle, James at G obviously, McKinney at Center is a big question too, however...

Smith at Tackle, with Mcintosh healing, WITH a rookie Tackle taken first round, or Randall should set us at Tackle. If Mcintosh doesn't get better, we have two adequate starters (randall has a lot of potential too) that should be better than last year with St. Clair as a backup. If Mcintosh gets better, you let him, smith, and Randall fight it out, all starter material, should be fine there...

At guard we have Jeno as a solid starter, I think St. Clair woud do much better there than tackle, I'd be confident with him there as a starter, but we always have Mckinney.

St. Clair and Mckinney can fight for center, wtih the loser starting at Guard. Both would be more than adequate at guard, and St. Clair was an all american Center in college I believe.

I think we have a lot of potential, at an economical price none the elss. Just another tackle is needed.

Back
Top Bottom