Anyone else still worried about the O Line? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else still worried about the O Line?

I have seen reports that say Andrews COULD possibly be moved to G..... I dont know how likely this is but if that is possible, draft him in case McIntosh isnt ready plug him in at RT, if McIntosh is healthy move him inside to RG. That would put my mind at ease alot more. With Smith-LT
James-LG
Mckinney-C
Andrews-RG
McIntosh-RT
This would be the ideal situation IMO assuming Andrews could make the transition to G.

I think the o=line will be better but how muvh better will depend on a few things. Who's gonna start ar RG and how good will he play?And then we have RT with Mack probably not ready to start from opening day.I think we'll draft a lineman and we might pick up a vet after the june cuts too.

Ozzy rules!!

As of today we still don't have starting caliber talent on the right side. Playoffs or Superbowl? No freaking way!!! If we can fix the right side, MAYBE. But also bear in mind, we've got an O-line consisting of five guys who have never played a game together, being anchored by a kid who has limited experience. Add to that the fact that 3/5ths of our O-line will consist of either rookies, or players with a year or less of experience. I feel pretty good that we're building an O-line for the future, but there's just no way that THIS year it'll be THAT good. In my opinion of course.

Offensive lines are always intriguing. Denver seems to consistenlty have good lines, often with guys with whom you are not familiar. Some teams manage to do a good job with older players. It seems to me that it's all about coaching. You can have 5 guys that are not studs, as long as they play as a unit and are consistently on the same page.

Look at St. Louis last year. Some really outstanding talent. However, I wouldn't consider them a premier line, although they started to come together late. NE and Carolina had several players few people would likely think of as perennial locks for the Pro Bowl, but they obviously got it done.

I'll be interested to see if Tony Wise can field a solid unit this year. We haven't had a good line for quite some time, even tho some of our castoffs seem to go elsewhere and play well (read Donnalley, Ruegamer...) for good teams. At least the focus is on getting younger and more athletic. I just wonder how long it will take to gel...

Oline is still a problem.

No way we are better than last year. We still have no RT, no RG and unproven McKinney at Center. Wade Smith was very poor in pass protection last year (see Dwight Freeney film),

This Wade Smith bashing always gives me pause. The Indy game was the man's eighth (8th!!) NFL starts, and against a player some preseason publications had picked to be Defensive player of the year! Many seasoned vets have been schooled by Dwight Freeney.

As I recall, the most obvious blunder of that game came when Ricky was called upon to assist Smith, and knocked him off his block, allowing Freeney to have a free shot at Griese, causing the fumble. Yes, Freeney appeared to have Smith beaten on the play, but Ricky never touched him before plowing into Smith, taking them both out of the play!

Before we crucify the kid, give him a chance. Geez, a third round former TE playing LT in the NFL as a rookie! For crying out loud, what did anybody expect. I thought he did a fine job under the circumstances. Give it a rest.

Back
Top Bottom