Anyone else think Chris Leak will be a good NFL quarterback? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else think Chris Leak will be a good NFL quarterback?

DolphinDevil28

I like boobs.
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he's 6'0" and 210 lbs.

But he definitely possesses that unexplainable "it." Many talented QB's lack it, and that's why they are not superstars. (Aaron Brooks)

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Trent Green, Daunte Culpepper, Jake Delhome, Donovan McNabb and Brett Favre, amongst a few others, have "it."

Leak has it too.

Not to mention the fact that Leak, not Leinart, Manning or Vick, throws the most accurate and best-velocity ball I have EVER seen from a collegiate quarterback.

I for one would be elated if Leak declares for the draft next year and we could somehow get him.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Yeah, he's 6'0" and 210 lbs.

But he definitely possesses that unexplainable "it." Many talented QB's lack it, and that's why they are not superstars. (Aaron Brooks)

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Trent Green, Daunte Culpepper, Jake Delhome, Donovan McNabb and Brett Favre, amongst a few others, have "it."

Leak has it too.

Not to mention the fact that Leak, not Leinart, Manning or Vick, throws the most accurate and best-velocity ball I have EVER seen from a collegiate quarterback.

I for one would be elated if Leak declares for the draft next year and we could somehow get him.

I think he will be good at the NFL level. I wouldn't go as far as compare him to thoose QB's but I would like it if Saban got him.

Here come haters!! "He's too small"

Blah blah blah

I agree, I think he's gonna be a good NFL QB. Call me a homer, I don't care. He's a very talented and smart football player, period.

No. Leak won't be a good NFL QB. He doesn't have the maturity to make it. I played against him in high school. Everytime someone else on the team made a mistake, he would cry about it. He cried about getting sacked. He blamed all his incomplete passes on the receivers. I don't want him in Miami.

He's definetly got talent, but I think he needs a few more years of experience before we truly see what he has to offer. I don't think he'll be quite ready to make the jump to the NFL after this year, but who knows.

Small is OK but small and inmobile ? Hes a good college QB and he had the best game of his career today but he is a long way from being Pro material yet.

byroan said:
No. Leak won't be a good NFL QB. He doesn't have the maturity to make it. I played against him in high school. Everytime someone else on the team made a mistake, he would cry about it. He cried about getting sacked. He blamed all his incomplete passes on the receivers. I don't want him in Miami.

Maybe he could have changed by now?

Chris Leak seems to me to be one of the more mature players in the country.

:confused:

DolphinDevil28 said:
Maybe he could have changed by now?

Chris Leak seems to me to be one of the more mature players in the country.

:confused:

Maybe he has, I haven't really watched him since he left Independence. I just know that if he's anything like he was in high school then I don't want him in Miami.

byroan said:

I know that for me personally, I have not matured at all since sophomore year in high school.

I think I speak for all of us when I say, what you do and how you act at 15, is exactly how you will act for the rest for your life.

Also, the last thing I would want froma QB is for them to get on people for making mistakes. I think the best QBs are the ones who let others do as they please. I have heard those types of personalities make the best leaders.

ABrownLamp said:
I know that for me personally, I have not matured at all since sophomore year in high school.

I think I speak for all of us when I say, what you do and how you act at 15, is exactly how you will act for the rest for your life.

Also, the last thing I would want froma QB is for them to get on people for making mistakes. I think the best QBs are the ones who let others do as they please. I have heard those types of personalities make the best leaders.

Nice sarcasm. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you do want a QB that never takes the blame. He was 18 btw, already an adult in his senior year of HS.

ABrownLamp said:

You know who did that???

Dan Marino.

I'm a Gator fan but thats not why im saying that Chris Leak is a NFL calliber quarterback. He has the prettiest form and release I think I've ever seen from quaterback, he has pocket presence that isnt matched by anyother QB in the NCAA. His size isnt a problem becuase he can move around pretty good, Id love to see him come to Miami!!!!!!!

I'm not impressed. Weird delivery with a little bit of crank. Erratic passer who tends to float the ball downfield. That tendency will kill him in the NFL. Leak needs to stay in school the full four years and take advantage of two years with the new coaching staff. I watched the Gator postgame tonight and Urban Meyer was very pointed in his summation that Leak needs to understand the offense in general and Leak in particular are not close to where they need to be. I never discount a kid who was a high school phenom and looked great in the one high school allstar game I watched. Leak and Kyle Wright were considered the two best QBs entering college that year. Right now there are plenty of college QBs I'd prefer over Leak for the NFL, including Reggie McNeal of Texas A&M, who suffered a tough road loss tonight but has plenty of passing skill and athletic ability.

Back
Top Bottom