anyone else think cutler may fall like rodgers last year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone else think cutler may fall like rodgers last year

Aqua and Orange said:
Hmm, to be honest, the more I think about it, I can see them taking AJ Hawk.

Could be. I think if they lose Abraham they go Williams but if not maybe Hawk

Nick will draft the best player available. QB's are not always a safe pick. David Carr, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller,are all examples of QB's that should be starring in the NFL but the other 10 players on their team are so so. Drew Brees is an all pro because he has time to throw, cause of Ladanian T and protection.
If we get a stud left Tackle then we can give our QB ample time to make the reads and deliver the ball on time.

Ronski_doodle said:
Nick will draft the best player available. QB's are not always a safe pick. David Carr, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller,are all examples of QB's that should be starring in the NFL but the other 10 players on their team are so so. Drew Brees is an all pro because he has time to throw, cause of Ladanian T and protection.
If we get a stud left Tackle then we can give our QB ample time to make the reads and deliver the ball on time.

Every position has busts, quarterback does not hold exclusivity to it.

Yeah, to be honest, I think one QB a year seems to shoot up the charts, despite not starting out that extrordinary. Rivers, then Alex Smith, and this year Cutler. Hopefully Cutler is better than those two if we get him tho.

I actually think it is very possible, alot of teams may not be willing to risk drafting a QB that is not Young or Leinart in the first round. There is alot of talent available in other positions. If he does not drop to us as I have said before I trust Saban will make the right decision and we may get our future QB later in the draft. In reality we are not going to find the quick fix QB. Im sure Gus will still be our starter unless we pick up a solid FA like Kitna or something. Hopefully the new guy (if we get one) can transition in the following season.

EHord25 said:
even though the Jets and the Lions, maybe Cardinals need a QB, i have a funny feeling that someone will drop and we'll get lucky......or maybe im just a little too optimistic
way to optimistic my man....... the reality is that vince and matt are gone in top 4..... that simple...... and there are to many teams in front of us, (especially with the hype on cutler) that he wont get grabbed in the top 10... unless we dont trade up i dont see him falling into our lap.....

but it all depends on the combines....... so i may eat my words if he CHOKES at the combines..... we'll see

Jnaledu3 said:
Well, he definately wont fall farther than #16.

I think Tennessee will take Young if they dont trade down. You also have to consider than some of the teams that need QBs will may choose to take one in a later rounds instead of the first. The Fins have a greater need for a QB than any other team besides maybe the Saints. Dont be surprised if Ricky gets traded for picks which are then packaged with our first to move up in the draft.

Cards, Raiders also have a need.

Wallace758 said:
could happen again..Rodgers was suppose to be drafted 1st slid to number 24 i believe...ya never know..cutler could fall into our laps...lets pray
It may not be Cutler that falls into our laps, but it will be someone. There is always someone around at 15-20 that has everyone scratching their heads. Marino, Sapp, Moss, etc...

We'll have a great player at our position...it might be Cutler, could be Young.

The Raiders need more on the Defensive side of the ball. Collins will be their gut for another year or two.

Wallace758 said:
could happen again..Rodgers was suppose to be drafted 1st slid to number 24 i believe...ya never know..cutler could fall into our laps...lets pray
Hell yes! Jets take Furgeson period. Oak has to address DB or DL. After 4 years of offensive busts, DET has a new defensive head coach and will go D (maybe OL but I doubt it). ARZ has a decent passing game but no OL. To give JJ some running room I think they go OL. Who else is there?

jason8er said:
Hell yes! Jets take Furgeson period. Oak has to address DB or DL. After 4 years of offensive busts, DET has a new defensive head coach and will go D (maybe OL but I doubt it). ARZ has a decent passing game but no OL. To give JJ some running room I think they go OL. Who else is there?

Your Right!!!

Jnaledu3 said:
Well, he definately wont fall farther than #16.

I think Tennessee will take Young if they dont trade down. You also have to consider than some of the teams that need QBs will may choose to take one in a later rounds instead of the first. The Fins have a greater need for a QB than any other team besides maybe the Saints. Dont be surprised if Ricky gets traded for picks which are then packaged with our first to move up in the draft.

Yeah then when he turns into Jp Losman next year you can let your true Jills colors shine thru.

Jets are going with D'Brick. It's the safe, smart pick to begin the Mangini era and happens to also address a major need. They cant invest that much money in this QB position so soon. Woody Johnson might be the cheapest billionaire in the world. The saints will take a qb 99.95% certain rofls, tenn will im around 80% certain, Lions are the wildcard: 50-50 depends on what the OC says. I am probably in the minority in thinking Arizona, WILL NOT select Cutler if he is there.

Back
Top Bottom