Anyone else worried about Rex Ryan going to the jets? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else worried about Rex Ryan going to the jets?

He's got that clause in his contract because Jerry Jones was making decisions in Dallas behind his back, and didn't want that to happen again here. He knew Wayne was a "hands-off" kinda owner, and gave himself the option to leave if there was a change in management. There is nothing wrong with giving yourself opportunities down the road. It doesn't automatically mean that he is going to bolt.

He didn't get that clause in his contarct put in for nothing. He's at least going to get a nice pay day and make you sweat a bit and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he left.
He put the clause in because he wanted an out if the new owner turns out to be very hands on(like Jerry Jones). I think as long as Ross stays out of his way(which he vowed to do), Parcells is going to stay.

I know Parcells is not always a man of his word, but I do believe him when he said it isn't about money any more and that he has too much as it is.

Lets look at it like this. Parcells loves football and wants to be able to have control of a football team without having to do the daily work of a GM or head coach. He has all that power in Miami, and at this stage of the game, he won't find another team with that offer. He could opt out, take the money, but is going to sit out the 2009 season. Only the Chiefs head coaching job(not official yet) and Raiders coaching job are left. The Raiders are a mess and Parcells won't have the same power he has here. The Chiefs already have a new GM, so again he would lose a lot of power.

Despite all the reports and even though Parcells can never be 100% trusted, I think the chances of him actually leaving are less than slim. He has everything he ever wanted in Miami and he has HIS guys running the team. I highly doubt he would just take his money and go sit on the couch for the next year.

Parcells or Ryan, Parcells or Ryan, Parcells or Ryan.......hmmm

I think free agents would choose Parcells.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. There was a guy named Calvin Pace last year that Parcells wanted badly, and Pace went with Mangini. And Mangini had the personality of a door knob.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. There was a guy named Calvin Pace last year that Parcells wanted badly, and Pace went with Mangini. And Mangini had the personality of a door knob.
I think the little fact that New York offered more money and that Miami was coming off a 1-15 year had a lot to do with that.

Any free agent(besides players from the Ravens) will likely want to go to the AFC East champion 11-5 Dolphins with Parcells over looking everything over the 9-7 Jets team with a new coach.

I think the little fact that New York offered more money and that Miami was coming off a 1-15 year had a lot to do with that.

Any free agent(besides players from the Ravens) will likely want to go to the AFC East champion 11-5 Dolphins with Parcells over looking everything over the 9-7 Jets team with a new coach.

The money part I agree with but the Jets werent exactly coming off a great year either. They were 4-12 and 2 of our wins were against you who went 1-15 like you said.

The Free agents are going to go to the team that does the best selling job on them and offers the most money.

Just because you guys won the division in 2008 doesnt mean your going to do it again next year. It wouldnt shock me if you guys had a good season next year but it also wouldnt shock me if you went 4-12 either.

I think they'll go to whoever offers the most money.

He put the clause in because he wanted an out if the new owner turns out to be very hands on(like Jerry Jones). I think as long as Ross stays out of his way(which he vowed to do), Parcells is going to stay.

I know Parcells is not always a man of his word, but I do believe him when he said it isn't about money any more and that he has too much as it is.

Lets look at it like this. Parcells loves football and wants to be able to have control of a football team without having to do the daily work of a GM or head coach. He has all that power in Miami, and at this stage of the game, he won't find another team with that offer. He could opt out, take the money, but is going to sit out the 2009 season. Only the Chiefs head coaching job(not official yet) and Raiders coaching job are left. The Raiders are a mess and Parcells won't have the same power he has here. The Chiefs already have a new GM, so again he would lose a lot of power.

Despite all the reports and even though Parcells can never be 100% trusted, I think the chances of him actually leaving are less than slim. He has everything he ever wanted in Miami and he has HIS guys running the team. I highly doubt he would just take his money and go sit on the couch for the next year.

Regardless what happens he's going to make you sweat. Why did he show up at the Senior bowl for the first time in years? That is the NFL job fair there, he was either trying to get a sense of other teams or sending a message to Ros to pay him more.

If he went to KC he'd have the same situation as Miami, he's not the Gm of the dolphins(luckily for you guys).

I do not know enough about rex as he was a defensive co ordinator. The true reason the ravens defence is good is ozzie .He does a tremendous job of drafting some studs in defence. they also put alot of their cap space in defence a reason their offense never developed with bargain players.

also, a headcoach decides the game plan for both offense and defence .He lets the DC or OC call plays but in a game he decides what is being done .IN last 2 minutes most HC takes over offense or defence.so he has not been put in a situation to make hard decisions.

With 20 million over cap it is going to be a tough position , the hope is to have farve retire and then move some money around to get below cap. Even if they cut players they do get a cap hit .they need 5 million so sign their rookies and then out bid FA .going to be tough to count on that.

Woody spend 140 million last year and i wonder how thrilled he will be to spend even more if they do make some cap space.

No QB , if he goes into the season hoping clemens or ratiff is going to make the transistion well good luck to him.

I do not know enough about rex as he was a defensive co ordinator. The true reason the ravens defence is good is ozzie .He does a tremendous job of drafting some studs in defence. they also put alot of their cap space in defence a reason their offense never developed with bargain players.

also, a headcoach decides the game plan for both offense and defence .He lets the DC or OC call plays but in a game he decides what is being done .IN last 2 minutes most HC takes over offense or defence.so he has not been put in a situation to make hard decisions.

With 20 million over cap it is going to be a tough position , the hope is to have farve retire and then move some money around to get below cap. Even if they cut players they do get a cap hit .they need 5 million so sign their rookies and then out bid FA .going to be tough to count on that.

Woody spend 140 million last year and i wonder how thrilled he will be to spend even more if they do make some cap space.

No QB , if he goes into the season hoping clemens or ratiff is going to make the transistion well good luck to him.

The Jets aren't $20 mil over the cap, I think it's about $10 which isn't a huge deal and if Favre is gone then we go under the cap immediately. Tannenbaum claims even if favre comes back they will have flexibility to make some moves, obviosuly we won't see a frenxy like last year but I'm not worried about the cap.

Just remember that Clemens looked as bad as Chad behind that OL and actually he won more games than Cha dw/ that lack of talent around him. We saw how Chad looked behind a much better OL and I think Clemens deserves a shot behind our much better OL if Favre retires.

The Jets aren't $20 mil over the cap, I think it's about $10 which isn't a huge deal and if Favre is gone then we go under the cap immediately. Tannenbaum claims even if favre comes back they will have flexibility to make some moves, obviosuly we won't see a frenxy like last year but I'm not worried about the cap.

Just remember that Clemens looked as bad as Chad behind that OL and actually he won more games than Cha dw/ that lack of talent around him. We saw how Chad looked behind a much better OL and I think Clemens deserves a shot behind our much better OL if Favre retires.

AS i said its not a easy job and he has more questions to answer even before the coaching aspect .He needs a few years atleast but they just fired a guy who had 2 winning season in 3 so i wonder.

Regardless what happens he's going to make you sweat. Why did he show up at the Senior bowl for the first time in years? That is the NFL job fair there, he was either trying to get a sense of other teams or sending a message to Ros to pay him more.

If he went to KC he'd have the same situation as Miami, he's not the Gm of the dolphins(luckily for you guys).
So you are saying there is no way Parcells went to the Senior Bowl to scout players like say all the other head coaches and GMS? Na, he must have been shopping himself. lol. Please.

As for going to KC, it is NOT the same situation. A GM is already in place, and Pioli, not Parcells, will choose the coach. If Parcells goes there with the same title, he will not have a hand picked GM or coach like he has here. If he goes there as head coach, he is back to not being able to bring in the players he wants.

There is no job out there right now that would offer the same power that he has here.

So you are saying there is no way Parcells went to the Senior Bowl to scout players like say all the other head coaches and GMS? Na, he must have been shopping himself. lol. Please.

As for going to KC, it is NOT the same situation. A GM is already in place, and Pioli, not Parcells, will choose the coach. If Parcells goes there with the same title, he will not have a hand picked GM or coach like he has here. If he goes there as head coach, he is back to not being able to bring in the players he wants.

There is no job out there right now that would offer the same power that he has here.

Nope, he never went to the Senior bowl to scout players in past years- why this year?

Pioli is his SON IN LAW, I'm sure they could work together and pioli is a guy he would pick if he had the chance.

he's not bringing in players in Miami, I'm sure he's involved but I give ireland the credit. BP has always been a mediocre GM and last year Miami did a great job getting players and I give that credit to Ireland.

I dont know how any Fin fan would'nt be worried by this news. Look at what the Ravens did to us this season. The Jets D is very good. I dont know what happened at the end of last season but for about 10 games during the season they dominated teams. People talk about the players Ryan had at the Ravens like Ngata, Lewis, Suggs, Reed. The Jets have Jenkins, Harris, Pace, Revis/Rhodes.

Will be very interesting what way the Jets go during the off-season in free agency and the draft.

You guys are 10 mil over the cap. The cap for 09 is going to increase approx. 10 mil give or take. So you should be right at cap.

But you also have to resign Barton, Nugent, Elam, Wright, Clowney, Ratliff, Murrell, Mosley and Richardson if you want them.

Also you have to sign your draft picks. Unless you get rid of Farve you won't be able to sign any free agents to say the least.

Also I have no opinion of Rex, besides he wasn't made HC last year for the Ravens which makes me wonder.

I dont know how any Fin fan would'nt be worried by this news. Look at what the Ravens did to us this season. The Jets D is very good. I dont know what happened at the end of last season but for about 10 games during the season they dominated teams. People talk about the players Ryan had at the Ravens like Ngata, Lewis, Suggs, Reed. The Jets have Jenkins, Harris, Pace, Revis/Rhodes.

Will be very interesting what way the Jets go during the off-season in free agency and the draft.

I'm not worried at all. And read my post above for their cap re-cap (lol).

Back
Top Bottom