Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill? | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill?

I just get tired of reading dumb **** frankly.

You better hope Ryan gets hurt again it’s the only chance you got of him not being the qb in 2019.

The only chance. Obviously 3 eyes isn’t enough

No one wants Tannehill to get hurt Hoops. We would all love to see him go off. ASAP. It just gets hard to see that scenario playing out. To a lot of us he doesn’t pass the eye test. I know you see different and his reads impress you but he ain’t gettin it down right now. And it’s year 8. No one is hoping he gets hurt tho come on

No one wants Tannehill to get hurt Hoops. We would all love to see him go off. ASAP. It just gets hard to see that scenario playing out. To a lot of us he doesn’t pass the eye test. I know you see different and his reads impress you but he ain’t gettin it down right now. And it’s year 8. No one is hoping he gets hurt tho come on

Totally agree, 100 % hope Tannehill gets it done.

And when RT went down the crappier QB actually looked better and did better with the same teammates. Which confirms to me further RT is not special. And never fuggin will be.

This is incorrect. There was a very big roster change immediately following the Tenn game. From that point, the OL playing much better.

I just get tired of reading dumb **** frankly.

You better hope Ryan gets hurt again it’s the only chance you got of him not being the qb in 2019.

The only chance. Obviously 3 eyes isn’t enough

Dude I'm praying day and night he doesn't get hurt! Deep playoff run led by Tannehill here we come!

It doesn't surprise me you don't get it when you are comparing 2nd year quarterbacks in Goff and Wentz with a 6th year quarterback.

Tannehaters have been comparing Tannehill to more experienced QBs his whole career. Irrelevant to the post I was replying to. I read the retarded idea that we should "draft a QB every year until we find a top 10 QB" far too often here. It is a ridiculous suggestion and this year proved it AGAIN, since QBs that poster suggested should be given up on made the playoffs and one of them won the SB.

Obviously his last 8 games right? Because there were some eh performances in there.

Three fumbles vs AZ and game is won by Moore

Butt raped week prior in Balt. What a horrid game he had with 3 picks and 63 QBR.

24-34-172-1-0 in a dump off check down game at the Rams. Don't forget the four sacks. Where was Billy Turner to blame this week? RT w game winning pass in 14-10 win

15-25-204-1-0 vs Buffalo in a home game Fins win 28-25. Thanks RT for the win.

17-28-149-1-0 (5.3 YPA) in the 28-25 home win vs Jets. Wow. Way to dominate.

Let's all get pumped for a healthy RT because this is the stretch we will base our future hopes on. For one more season hopefully.

This sums up why the haters will never be satisfied. Put up great numbers and lose anyway (i.e. defense sucks) and its "damn you Tannehill!". Win without stellar numbers and its "damn you Tannehill!". Lose with a poor game and its "DAMN YOU TANNEHILL!!" Win with stellar numbers, its crickets.......

When his QB rating was mid 80s he needed to get it to 90. When his QB rating was above 90, he needed it to be higher. When his QB rating is 100 for the most important stretch of games in a decade, its eh.... so what.

End of the game consecutive drives to win a game against an excellent defense? Eh, so what.

He is the starting QB for the next three years at least. Get used to it. At least have the decency to not enjoy the success.

This is incorrect. There was a very big roster change immediately following the Tenn game. From that point, the OL playing much better.
Yes and I just compared RT post OL changes to Matt Moore post OL changes. You know, when "Tannehills numbers crushed Moore in every single way. No contest"

You need to make this case to 22 NFL teams. Most of them don't agree with you. The number 10 is totally arbitrary. I'd be willing to be that NFL coaches and GMs don't rank NFL players and think the process is stupid. If you've got a good enough QB and he isn't ranked in the top 10, you don't get rid of him.

I can assure you that Wentz, Goff, Foles, Bortles, Mariota, Keenum, and Smith were not ranked in the top 10 at the start of this year. So your philosophy doesn't looks so good.

Wentz had a good rookie year and even if he wasn't top 10 as a rookie I think mostly everybody would give the 2nd over all pick some time to see if he can be top 10.

Foles is a backup so I don't think anyone expect to have a top 10 QB as a backup same as keenum.

Smith isn't top 10 and his replacement was drafted and Smith is gone.

If Bortles remains the starter its only for continuity purposes because you can bet if they have a shot at a Drew Brees or Cousins, they would happily cut Bortles if the cap allows it.

Mariota had a good rookie and sophomore season and a bad 3rd year so no reason to give up on him yet after only 1 bad year out of 3.

Good points superphin.

Interesting that KC has the fortitude to draft Smiths replacement even though Smith had put up some great numbers and won a lot of games. No one would argue KCs supporting cast is far better than Miamis yet KC knows it needs more out of their QB even with a solid team.

Meanwhile, back in Miami, we have a lesser supporting cast and count on a lesser than Smith starting Quarterback.

You have no idea what you are talking about. As I already explained to you, in the EIGHT GAME STRETCH after the OL got its act together, Tannehill's numbers crushed Moore's in every single way. No contest. In the SEVEN GAMES in 2014 and 2015 that the starting (crappy) OL was intact, Tannehill's numbers crushed Moore's numbers in every single way. No contest. I've got FIFTEEN GAMES with numbers that far exceed Moore's numbers in THREE GAMES. Give it up.

I you want to contradict the review by independent sites, then review the plays as tell us where they are wrong. Also, where are all the cut linemen playing now. You refuse to address that. The proof that they sucked is that THEY ARE NO LONGER PLAYING.

The proof that your opinion of Moore is not shared by the Dolphins is that he was the backup to Tannehill and when Tannehill went down, they immediately replaced Moore. BTW, Moore played in 2017 too, genius. How did that go? At the end of 2016, you'd have been singing Moore's praises and insisting that he be the starter. I would have disagreed and said exactly what I say now - small sample size and he is not the QB that Tannehill is.

Here are his numbers from 2017. Funny that you don't publish these. LOL.

0-2-0 78 cmp 127 att 61.4% 861 yards 4 TDs 3 INTs. 75.6 QB rating.

Come on back if you want more lessons.

I give Tannehill most of the credit for his 2016 play. He carried the team with his defense giving up 20+ points and the rushing game being sporadic and inconsistent.

With that said while Tannehill had a good stretch in 2014 and 2015 with a healthy Oline the defense gave up 14ppg in those 7 games. I'd give them more credit for those wins. For reference the Vikinga had the #1 scoring defense this year gave up 15.75ppg. While Case Keenum played good and had stretches similar to Tannehill no-one would ever say that he's the reason they won.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom