Anyone interested in Amari Cooper???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone interested in Amari Cooper????

Sean0617

Scout Team
Reaction score
How many WRs can we roster folks?

Not only that, he is a 20 million dollar cap hit for this season. Hard pass.

I brought this subject up a little while back. Would be interesting. The $20M price tag is pretty crazy though. Not sure if I would still do it. There is a pretty good chance they get rid of him next year as they would save like $16M and eat $6M dead cap.

Here is the previous thread if you want to check it out: https://finheaven.com/threads/trade-for-amari-cooper-w-our-2nd.364126/

How many WRs can we roster folks?

Not only that, he is a 20 million dollar cap hit for this season. Hard pass.

Exactly!! Give me CeeDee Lamb and now we are talking. It doesn’t benefit us to that cap hit at all.

Exactly!! Give me CeeDee Lamb and now we are talking. It doesn’t benefit us to that cap hit at all.
It wouldn't even be feasible, short of finding multiple trade partners to take existing contracts off our hands. Then what would be the point?

I swear some of these writers are downright ignorant.........

They would have to eat a lot of the guarantees to make it work.

But the value is there.

However, Dallas only does this if Pitts is there.

And I would prefer Pitts on his rookie deal.

But Cooper + Smith or Waddle at 10 - if the money is right would be a serious infusion of talent to that position group.

Cooper would make more sense for a veteran team that is in a position to compete right now. Watch him land with the Bucs or Chiefs.

The Dolphins can’t afford Cooper’s contract. I would much rather they draft the top receiver on the board at 6. That receiver will be much less expensive over the next 5 years than Cooper and hopefully just as productive.

Cooper would make more sense for a veteran team that is in a position to compete right now. Watch him land with the Bucs or Chiefs.
IDK. There are very few teams that can absorb the cap hit after the FA period.

It may seem like I'm harping on the cap ramifications, but it makes the discussion moot.

In his all-trade NFL mock draft, Barnwell suggests that it could make sense for Dallas to send receiver Amari Cooper, the No. 10 overall pick, and a fourth-round pick to Miami in exchange for The No. 6 and No. 81 overall picks.

I always thought cooper was streaky but in this scenario you can get cooper and still grab waddle or smith......That might be nasty.
..next question please

Back
Top Bottom