Anyone know how fast RW is anyway? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone know how fast RW is anyway?

Originally posted by rafael
RW's best time at his pro day prior to the draft was 4.43 with the wind. I believe he is in better shape now. So I would expect him to run anywhere from a low 4.4 to a high 4.3.

There is no way he's 4.3.

I have a friend of mine who is a scout out in Utah and he knows that all these 4.2, 4.3 guys don't keep their speed after the pre-draft workouts. They tend to bulk up and don't continue to work with their sprint coaches.

Now, Ricky is faster than he was early on in the pros. I'd say he is probably 4.45 - 4.5 or so. I think teams are so geared for his power, that when he gets in the clear, he shocks them. He also knows how to run better than most RB's (like a Bennett) and he has some great quickness over 20 yds. I think that, more than anything, is where his speed is.

Its not all about speed its baout his smarts. Like others have said, he is patient and he finds the holes. After that its straight get up and go! Stamina, size and speed.
Im no expert in physics but I bet he is generating a tremendous amount of power(or momentum???) running a 4.5 and weighing about 230lbs.

Just to clear the record..i looked it up..Momentum equals mass times speed

force equals mass times acceleration.

does it matter who knows?
But I bet the safeties on the end of his shoulder lowering charge are registering the shock quite well.

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
Without the miliseconds, 19 seconds has been accomplished, I just didnt want to give miliseconds and be off, and then have somebody challenge me on it! So much for that thought!

19.32 by Michael Johnson......sorry to be difficult, but I love my athletics :)

Originally posted by phinphan

19.32 by Michael Johnson......sorry to be difficult, but I love my athletics :)

Thanx, I'll never forget it again, Phinphan! 19.32 seconds in the 200m, now that's fast gentlemen! Rick may very well be a 4.4 guy, which explains his burst to get the corner, but if he is even close to 20 sec 200m its BYE-BYE RICKY in the open field!

Back
Top Bottom