Anyone still "believe".... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone still "believe"....

Stamos

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
As each of the last couple of seasons have ended with enormous dissapointments, the only thing bigger were the expectations for the next season, only to be matched or surpassed with an even greater dissapointment. Every year it was something different, never the same two things directly ending a 30 year title drought. Many a Dolphin faithful have lived there entire life without seeing a superbowl win myself included.

But same goes for fans of the Seahawks, Eagles, Chiefs, Chargers, Bengals, Browns, Titans, Colts, Jets, Bills, Cardinals, Vikings, Lions you get the point. But ONLY Dolphins fans continuely believed. Why?
Cause Miami was never a bad team? Because after awhile you get used to being close, and just assume it will happen? Because every year changes in personel were made and shed more hope?

You can blame just about everyone involved in this organization. Every coach, every player, makes no real difference. The Dolphins will make a couple free agent signings, everyone will get excited, rookies who "look impressive" will garner alot of hype. But in the end, the chances of this franchise winning a superbowl in the next 3 years seem very bleek. Thats just what I believe.

I'll root for the Dolphins harder and stronger every year, equally I will love them more and more each season, I just won't "believe" in them until they give me a reason too, unlike every other offseason in which "having faith" is the popular thing to do. My expectations has ceased.

His eyes have seen the coming of the lord.

It's so hard to not believe in the team that you love so, but I see your point as well. I'll give it another year or so.

Originally posted by Phinz
It's so hard to not believe in the team that you love so, but I see your point as well. I'll give it another year or so.

As I turn up my Coors Original I wonder what you mean by "I'll give it another year or so."

Does that mean before you jump off the wagon?

It is hard to not believe. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about what it would feel like if the Dolphins won a superbowl. I am sure alot of people will take this post and assume I am off some kind of imaginary bandwagon. I've never watched one Dolphins day game in which I didn't believe they could win, and I've watched them all, as long as I've been old enough to understand words.

Part of me is posting this because I am PISSED. But I am always pissed, so thats not the real reason. I am not trying to tell anyone they shouldn't believe in their team, but after each of the past couple seasons ended, I've been so drained I wonder why I even watch football. The love keeps bring me back, but its the love that gets me so upset, and in cases like this, just plain realistic.

BEER! It works for me. :drinker:

I would never jump off the wagon. I just don't know how long I can believe in them.

i think he means he'll stop being quite so optimistic at the beginning of the season

here's what kills me:

2000: 11 and 5, with Lamar Smith as our RB for 1200 yards and Gadsden as our lead receiver with 800 yards, fiedler goes 14 TD's and 14 INT's...

2001: 11 and 5 again with Lamar Smith RB hits only 968 yards and we added Chambers! future looks brighter.... fiedler goes 20 TD's 19 INT's and chambers hits 880 yards!

2002: 9 and 7 after adding RICKY WILLIAMS! and Chris Chambers both breaking out.... fiedler has his.... best year yet with 14 TD's and 9 INT's???? highest completion percentage of his career! how come we're 9 and 7 with more talent and everyone playing better????? ricky goes for 1800+ yards, chris goes for 730 yards....

2003: 10 and 6 with Ricky averaging "only" 3.5 yards a game, C.C. failed to reach 1000 yards receiving for the 3rd straight year... and fiedler rapidly deteriorates to 11 TD's and 13 INT's.

THESE STATS DON'T MAKE SENSE!!!

-fiedlers best season = our worst record.
-ricky's best season = our worst record.
-ricky has a worse season than lamar smith = better record than ricky's best season
-fiedler's worst season = better record than his best season

what am i missing????

someone please explain this to me????

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, those stats dont make sense, but when do the 'break out' games come? I know one of Ricky's 200 yd games came on a loss. Its things like that. A game may be a loss with one particular player having a breakout game, while the others dont play up to par.

And look at our other qb...Lucas...filled in for a few weeks in Fiedler's absence. Thats one of the main reasons we went 9-7 last season

Of course I still believe. I have 30+ years of Dolphin fanhood history. The NFL has changed quite a bit from the dynasties of the past.

Many teams have reasons to believe.

What does having lowered expectations accomplish? I want my team to have the attitude that the goal is within reach. I can see ways of making improvements. But their are no guarantees.

My expectations have been dashed to pieces before. And they will again. But, football isn't a sissy game where we have to protect our emotions. It's all or nothing. It's a fight to the top.

No one can convince me to be pessimistic. Why would I want that attitude? The goal of pessimism is failure. Pessimism is self-defeating. It gives up with out trying. It's weak.

None of us really know if this team will be better. But, I will do my part to make it better. I still believe.

I will never stop believing in my Fins. I don't care if we were 0-15, in the last week of the season I'd cheer my lungs out for them.

Originally posted by PhinstiGator
I want my team to have the attitude that the goal is within reach.

There it is, the root of the problem. A tell tale sign of how much you care, and how much you want something is defined by how you play when there is something on the line. And this team has very little heart. Oh they'll ***** and moan after the season telling you how much it upsets them to fail, but in the end we have a team full of complacent defensive stars.

The offense, for all its talent short coming, has demonstrated alot more resiliancy under Jay Fiedler, its a shame the talent isn't there to make them consistent.

I've been a fan since i was born and i was born in Northwestern Ohio in 83 and i am now going to move to miami this month so i will believe more then ever cause i can go to the home games. Hopefully **** changes and I believe it will.

Originally posted by Brad528
i am now going to move to miami this month so i will believe more then ever cause i can go to the home games.

Good, the Dolphins could use all the support they can get. Miami fans love to ***** and complain about the QB and Coach, but hell when it comes to going to a game, noooooo they don't want to do that. They'll sell there tickets in a second to 20,000 Eagles fans.

Aside from the season ticket holders, the Miami Dolphins fans live elsewhere in the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom