Anyone Want To See The Divisions Realigned ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Want To See The Divisions Realigned ?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm so tired of the same teams year in and year out. Why do i care about the Bills, Jets or Patriots. I would love to see us with Jax,Bucs,Falcons,Saints.
What would you like to see.

I think we need to switch with the Colts. Why is a northern team in the AFC South?
I agree. Been saying that for years. The Jets, Bills and Patriots are all close to each other, as are the Texans, Titans and Jags. Just look at the mileage we travel to play division games. Makes no sense. If this was done a few years ago, there could have been a lot more Brady-Manning matchups.

yes i always felt that if they are aligned by true geography, then some pretty cool and intense regional rivalries would form.

just toying around, something like:

NE, NYG, NYJ, PHI
BUF, PIT, BAL, WAS
CAR, ATL, TEN, JAX
MIA, TB, NO, HOU
DET, CLE, IND, CIN
CHI, GB, MIN, KC
SEA, DEN, SF, OAK / LV
LAR, LAC, ARI, DAL

yes i always felt that if they are aligned by true geography, then some pretty cool and intense regional rivalries would form.

just toying around, something like:

NE, NYG, NYJ, PHI
BUF, PIT, BAL, WAS
CAR, ATL, TEN, JAX
MIA, TB, NO, HOU
DET, CLE, IND, CIN
CHI, GB, MIN, KC
SEA, DEN, SF, OAK / LV
LAR, LAC, ARI, DAL

I've been thinking the same thing for YEARS!!

I'd go even more "rogue" actually.

Why not have the AFC teams all in one division, playing each team one time with one game a year versus NFC teams. Then you take the top six teams with tie-breaker being head-to-head, record in the conference etc. Every team would essentially have the same schedule with the exception being the match-up versus the NFC . Home games could switch every other year. Miami would still get New England, Buffalo and the Jets every year but could build rivalries with other AFC teams as well.

I've seen some ideas that I like where the super bowl could be two NFC teams or two AFC teams. That would involve quite a bit more, though. But there certainly have been years where the two best teams came from the same conference. Imagine Miami versus Pittsburgh for the super bowl in the 1970's or San Francisco against Dallas in the 1990's.

The last realignment decision making made it clear why the teams and divisions were assigned.

Preserving (old) rivalries took precedence over geography. The Dolphins have too much history with Jets, Bills and Patriots to be moved to the South. Indianapolis had less ties to the old AFC East than the rest of the teams. Odd man out.

Much like the Dallas Cowboys will never leave the NFC East even though the NFC South would be a better alignment with Carolina going to the East.

It's a regional rivalry preservation of old school fans and divisions. I doubt it will ever change.

I agree that the divisions should be changed, and be based on location. Too many teams are in the wrong division. Yes, I understand wanting to keep old rivalries, but several teams over the years have been forced to move which created new rivalries. As it stands, a new football fan would see Miami and New England in the same division and wonder what moron came up with the idea to pair 3 Northeast teams with the Southernmost team in the entire league.

Back
Top Bottom