Anyone Want To See The Divisions Realigned ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Want To See The Divisions Realigned ?

The only reason I would say no is because there are too many multi state teams to really have it make sense. You would have to put both LA teamsin the same division and at least two of the 3 NY and FL teams in the same division for it to really make sense. Any way you slice it, there are going to be a couple of teams that don’t make sense. The NFL should expand out west for it to really make sense. Throw in Salt Lake, Portland, Boise and St Louis and you could really have it make geographic sense. Until expansion I’m ok with it now.

I'd go even more "rogue" actually.

Why not have the AFC teams all in one division, playing each team one time with one game a year versus NFC teams. Then you take the top six teams with tie-breaker being head-to-head, record in the conference etc. Every team would essentially have the same schedule with the exception being the match-up versus the NFC . Home games could switch every other year. Miami would still get New England, Buffalo and the Jets every year but could build rivalries with other AFC teams as well.

I've seen some ideas that I like where the super bowl could be two NFC teams or two AFC teams. That would involve quite a bit more, though. But there certainly have been years where the two best teams came from the same conference. Imagine Miami versus Pittsburgh for the super bowl in the 1970's or San Francisco against Dallas in the 1990's.

I actually like this idea... would be more interesting I think!

Realignment makes a ton of sense for all kinds of reasons but I'd be against it for selfish purposes. Brady is 40 and the Pats are going to fall back to Earth any day now so I'd like the opportunity to at least take advantage of that.

Let us beat the hell out of them for a few years while they're adjusting to life post Brady and then let's revisit this conversation.

What happens if Belicheat signs a longtl term extension and hand picks a new QB of the future? If not for Brady's arrogance he might have already had him in Garoppalo....there is absolutely no way you can say they are sure to fall back down to earth until BOTH of them are gone...

Belicheat went 11-5 with Matt Cassel as his QB....saying the pats would be sure to fall just because Brady leaves is some very wishful thinking at best and ignorant at worst

What happens if Belicheat signs a longtl term extension and hand picks a new QB of the future? If not for Brady's arrogance he might have already had him in Garoppalo....there is absolutely no way you can say they are sure to fall back down to earth until BOTH of them are gone...

Possible. But it's been what, 20 years? Statistically speaking, they can't keep this up. I can only assume the law of averages catches up with them sooner rather than later. And in a bad way.

After winning for this long, I'm not sure Beli's ego can absorb losing. Especially after his QB of the future got traded out from under him. The bigger they are ...

Belicheat went 11-5 with Matt Cassel as his QB....saying the pats would be sure to fall just because Brady leaves is some very wishful thinking at best and ignorant at worst

More like tragic at worst but it's inevitable ... unless you think this particular dynasty defies reality and never ends. In which case I'd have to ask why on earth are you a fins fan?

Yep. Bellichick needs to retire!

Realignment makes a ton of sense for all kinds of reasons but I'd be against it for selfish purposes. Brady is 40 and the Pats are going to fall back to Earth any day now so I'd like the opportunity to at least take advantage of that.

Let us beat the hell out of them for a few years while they're adjusting to life post Brady and then let's revisit this conversation.

And... with Miami's luck, as soon as they realigned, NE would become a pushover for a decade, and the new 1000 pound gorilla team would suddenly appear in Miami's division, lol.

LD

Eh, of course the rivalries are awful now. Miami hasn’t been relevant since NE vanquished them in 2003. Buffalo has been abysmal this entire century, and while the Jets has a brief fleeting moment in the sun, they haven’t even made the playoffs in almost a decade. None of these teams have anything to play for anymore except the occasional wild card berth and an early playoff exit.

It’s like the Atlanta/New Orleans rivalry in the 80s. Who cared? They were both awful and SF was going to win the division 9 times out of 10 anyway (and in NE’s case they’ve now won the division 15 out of the last 17 seasons since 2000— which, incidentally, was the last time Miami won more than one game against them in a season).

Still, I’d choose the division with NE, NY, and Buffalo every time if the alternative is New Orleans, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay. I couldn’t care less about those teams and the fact that they’re located closer to SoFla means zip to me.

Back
Top Bottom