Anyone Watching Luck Tonight? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Watching Luck Tonight?

You mean the SEC team that Oregon held to 273 total yards, 98 yards passing? Thank you for bringing up an example of how good that D is. It's not as good as LSU's, I won't argue that, but it's still a damn good one. They're run D is a little suspect, but to claim Oregon has a bad defense is simply ignorant.

Not many chances to gain yards when you turn over the other team 4 times, bringing one back for a score. LSU, who is one-dimensional, ran it at will (200 yards) and threw when they had to (like they always do). Oregon--while playing in a weak division--consistently gives up 28+ points per game. That's not good.

All i'm saying is that Bama played LSU into OT, while Oregon didn't have much of a chance.

Not many chances to gain yards when you turn over the other team 4 times, bringing one back for a score. LSU, who is one-dimensional, ran it at will (200 yards) and threw when they had to (like they always do). Oregon--while playing in a weak division--consistently gives up 28+ points per game. That's not good.

All i'm saying is that Bama played LSU into OT, while Oregon didn't have much of a chance.

Right, but there is a HUGE difference in style between the SEC and Pac-XX.

The Pac-XX is almost like madden in the way some of these teams put up points, and lots of that DOES have to do with the week defenses...not all of it, but certainly some of it.

At the top, I have no doubt that Alabama and LSU are better than anything in the Pac-XX, but through the rest of the conference, I think the Pac-XX is as good as the SEC...at least this year.

Can you please do a little research before saying random things like that? Just a little research is all it takes. I get that you want to prove your point, but it's hard to take you seriously when you say a team that has given up over 28 points in a conference with some of the best offenses in the league only 3 times before tonight "consistently" gives up 28+. Once was to LSU and was largely due to their offense, the other was against the 4th best passing offense and Nick Foles against Arizona, the 14th best passing offense in WSU, and finally tonight against one of the top ten offenses in the NCAA, which is almost all Luck.

We get it, you don't like the Pac-12. You're letting your hate cloud your judgement.

Right, but there is a HUGE difference in style between the SEC and Pac-XX.

The Pac-XX is almost like madden in the way some of these teams put up points, and lots of that DOES have to do with the week defenses...not all of it, but certainly some of it.

At the top, I have no doubt that Alabama and LSU are better than anything in the Pac-XX, but through the rest of the conference, I think the Pac-XX is as good as the SEC...at least this year.
I can't think of any team in any conference that can compete with those two.

Can you please do a little research before saying random things like that? Just a little research is all it takes. I get that you want to prove your point, but it's hard to take you seriously when you say a team that has given up over 28 points in a conference with some of the best offenses in the league only 3 times before tonight "consistently" gives up 28+. Once was to LSU and was largely due to their offense, the other was against the 4th best passing offense and Nick Foles against Arizona, the 14th best passing offense in WSU, and finally tonight against one of the top ten offenses in the NCAA, which is almost all Luck.

We get it, you don't like the Pac-12. You're letting your hate cloud your judgement.

True. All I think of when talking Oregon--the PAC-12's best team 3 years running--is that they haven't beaten anyone meaningful outside the conference (Boise, Ohio St, Auburn, LSU).

I guess all of the suck for Luckers are pulling for 9-7 along with the rest of us that have sense.

True. All I think of when talking Oregon--the PAC-12's best team 3 years running--is that they haven't beaten anyone meaningful outside the conference (Boise, Ohio St, Auburn, LSU).

I do agree that for the last decade+, the PacXX has been VASTLY over-rated.

It is a totally different type of football than the rest of the major's play, but it is also, for the most part, the closest to Pro-Set offenses you will see at the Collegiate level....Oregon doesn't fit that mold.
Honestly, when was the last time you saw a team try to get in as many snaps as physically possible in one game. The Hurry up isnt even accurate here. They are snapping it the second the linesman sets it and moves his hand.

They lost to Auburn by 3 points in the National Championship due to a last minute field goal in their second year under Chip Kelly...I fail to see how that is a bad team.

Trust me, I truly hope Indy has the same line of thinking you do. The same line of thinking that allowed Rodgers to fall to the 24th pick.

Luck is good but not special.......he has good accuracy but has a weak arm and will have trouble with some throws at the next level.....put pressure on him and he is average at best.....not impressed......he is good but hes no savior that everyone is making him out to be.....hes no Manning, i would say closer to Matt Ryan with the arm of Sanchez......not worth losing 16 games to get

Oregon held LSU's rushing attack to just 3.6 yards per carry.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2011/11/oregon_ducks_prepared_to_face.html

M
oreover, Oregon has big defensive linemen and an 8-man D-line rotation on top of that to handle Stanford's big and strong offensive line:

"Each year the Ducks lose quality defensive lineman to graduation and each year many wonder how a new group will fair. That occurred again this year and so far, a new group has performed quite well. Not surprised is Kelly.

Also, Oregon believes it has already demonstrated strength against good rushing teams. The Ducks held No. 1 LSU’s running game to 3.6 yards per carry in a season-opening loss. Last week, Pac-12 leading rusher Chris Polk was held to 82 yards on 24 carries. "

Stanford wearing down his defense isn’t much of a concern, Kelly said, because the Ducks rotate eight defensive linemen. Size is not also expected to be an issue. Kelly points out that starting defensive tackles, Wade Keliikipi (6-3, 300) and Ricky Heimuli (6-4, 321) have enough bulk to survive in the middle. Isaac Remington (6-6, 286) and Taylor Hart (6-6, 283) aren’t exactly small. "

Adam Meyer had Oregon to beat Stanford as his "TEN-STAR" play this week.. the most he usually goes is 5 star on his selections when he's 100% confident, but on the radio this week Adam was so confident that Oregon would win big he went out and said it's his "10-star" selection OF THE YEAR.. Adam is the most successful sports gambler out there. He put a well publicized one million dollars on the Cards in the World series in the final game.. Adam is like 15-0 in the last ten or whatever years when he claims a "Ten-Star" selection.

www.Adamwins.com

Whenever Adam has his 10-star I put $5k on the game and placed it on Oregon yesterday.

Also let's not forget that while Stanford had a good ranking in run defense, six of their opponents ranked in the bottom 20 for rushing offense,. It was a mirage and you could see how susceptible they were against the run in the USC game, and some other games. Oregon is a different animal running the ball with their speed and power... Watching Oregon pummel and destroy Stanford on the ground was no surprise... as they did at times last year in their matchup when Oregon destroyed Stanford and Jim Harbaugh by 20 points.

As Adam Meyer proclaimed on national radio -- "Oregon is the worst team in the country for Stanford to match up against, it's the one team they can't beat and will lose to them 999 out of 1000 times. Stanford is battling key injuries. In reality Oregon should be 20-point favorites on the road this weekend" - Adam Meyer

Not only did Oregon destroy the point spread for the game, but even beat the 20 point number Adam mentioned. They won by 23. Adam personally placed $500,000 on Oregon.

I don't think anybody is calling him out as a bust, I just think there is some reality setting in to exactly how good he is.

I still think he's gonna be an upper QB in the league, I honestly do. If we somehow end up with him GREAT!!!

To mortgage EVERYTHING for him is probably "Dumber than a box of rocks".
To hope our team loses so we have a chance at him? Well.... who knows.

So, you think he will be an "upper" QB in the league, but you are AGAINST trading a few first rounders for him?

When someone says "upper" QBs, I think of Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, etc...so you mean to say, you wouldn't trade a few firsts for those franchise QBs? Maybe you and I hold franchise QBs to a different level of importance.

Please explain to me your logic.

Also, please show me ANY post in ANY thread that someone claimed Luck is the "best ever" as you keep saying.

For those doubting Luck being as highly touted as he is either dont know what you're looking at or you're accepting your disappointment the he won't be drafted by the Dolphins. His fundamental skills at this level are far and away the best in a long time. What impresses me most is he goes through 3-4 reads in his progressions before making the correct decision. He is a cant miss franchise QB.

Keep in mind that Stanford was ranked in the top 10 for one reason and when he leaves this year, They will disappear back to the basement of the Pac 12.

For those doubting Luck being as highly touted as he is either dont know what you're looking at or you're accepting your disappointment the he won't be drafted by the Dolphins. His fundamental skills at this level are far and away the best in a long time. What impresses me most is he goes through 3-4 reads in his progressions before making the correct decision. He is a cant miss franchise QB.

Keep in mind that Stanford was ranked in the top 10 for one reason and when he leaves this year, They will disappear back to the basement of the Pac 12.

The most impressive thing about him that I have seen is that he goes through 3-4 reads, however he doesn't always make the correct decision. Seen him throw into some sticky situations and get away with it because he is in the Pac 12 that he wouldn't were he in a tougher conference.

The most impressive thing about him that I have seen is that he goes through 3-4 reads, however he doesn't always make the correct decision. Seen him throw into some sticky situations and get away with it because he is in the Pac 12 that he wouldn't were he in a tougher conference.
He throws in tight situations because he knows he can make the play. His ball placement is perfect on the high majority of his throws.

Back
Top Bottom