Anyone wish Bates was still our DC? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone wish Bates was still our DC?

FanMarino

HOF Pass Master
Club Member
Reaction score
its looking less and less likely our DC will be the first, second or third choice. I think Bates choosing to go may come back to haunt us if we cant get a decent Coach.

FanMarino said:
its looking less and less likely our DC will be the first, second or third choice. I think Bates choosing to go may come back to haunt us if we cant get a decent Coach.
No. Be patient (Make Haste Slowly). We will come out on top. Saban has a plan.

Everybody that has talked to him says the same thing. "He is a very focused person." He appears to have a plan that he believes in.

The DC was never going to be a high profile job with the phins. It's not like we tried to hire Bill Arnsparger or something. How many ppl had heard of most of these candidates that interviewed before this offseason? I for one did not..

I dont. I never liked Bates before this year, I always felt the defense under performed considering how much talent we had. I wish him well, and I wouldnt of been upset if he had stayed, but I wasnt terribly upset that he left either. I also think it could of caused some confilct considering how much some players wanted him to remain the head coach.

It would have made sense to keep Bates for one more year from a transitional point of view.

Bates and Saban had differences. Perhaps it was a philosophical 4-3 vs 3-4 difference. If so, Bates would have been a horrible fit.

J Bates apparently decided that he couldn't work with Saban so from my viewpoint it was Bates decision to leave..
Nothing can change that...

Marino1983

Just because it's taking a lengthy time to get a defensive coordinator, that doesn't make Bates more desirable. Quite honestly, he was from Wannstedt's school and I really don't want any traces of that left!! Saban does know what he's doing. He's not one who wants to rush into anything. I know we're all anxious to move ahead, but we have to allow for Saban to perform his magic. It will be well worth it!!

I am glad Bates is gone. His play calling was too vanilla. Saban believes in mixing it up more.

After Wannstedt quit it seemed like the defense blitzed more and got more aggressive. I will be keeping an eye on how Green Bays' defense performs under him.

Bates has always been a 1/2 coach(from what i seen). One year our defense is good at run and bad at pass, the other year the defense is good at pass and bad at run. I like his attitude and commitment to the game. But sometimes you got to change inorder to grant sucess.

saban is changing our whole defensive philosophy. so Bates system probably would not mesh well with sabans new defense.

Back
Top Bottom