Anyone worried about losing Mckinney? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone worried about losing Mckinney?

FIN NEW ERA said:
It took a couple of years to break him in- do we really want to start over with Rex Hadnot? I think I'd take Tim Ruddy over him right now. Center is a totally underrated position IMO. :confused: Any thoughts?

No. But I am worried that we might resign him.

1. The newest news coming out is saying that McKinney will not be healthy in time for the start of free agency on March 3rd. The news points out that bringing him back for a cheap one year contract at the veteran minimum or close to it would not be out of the question...since he won't be healthy enough to garner major attention on the FA market. So, if we WANT him back, we can probably HAVE him back, at a pretty cheap price.

2. If we do lose him, it is safe to say it is because we didn't want him. And, if that is the case, where Hudson Houck and Nick Saban got their heads together and said time for Seth to go, why would you be worried about that? I trust them.

I won't miss Seth per se, but if he goes and we move Hadnot to C, we have a void at RG. Then according to the front page Finheaven story, we might also release McIntosh (can't see paying him $4mil+), so now you've got a relatively new young center, a new RG, and a new LT. That's quite a bit of shuffling.

FIN NEW ERA said:
It took a couple of years to break him in- do we really want to start over with Rex Hadnot? I think I'd take Tim Ruddy over him right now. Center is a totally underrated position IMO. :confused: Any thoughts?

No. He's the worst center in Dolphin recent history.

The weird part about "fans as managers" is that any veteran starter who doesn't perform to their liking becomes a cut. They don't take into account backups and salaries.

But if/when Rex gets a sprained ankle next year, I'd really like it if we had a signed-to-the-vet-min McKinney rather than an Ephraim or converted guard.

Finfanforever said:
No. He's the worst center in Dolphin recent history.

Go as far back as you want, have we ever had anyone play it for more than say 10 games who was worse than Seth? I think Dellenbauch played it for a while but at least he could hold the point on a pass rush.

C are hard-to-find and the lowest paid. HH was "coach up Seth" into a serviceable OC. Resigning Seth to an incentive-laden minimum contract would be an unexciting but quality move.

He usually gets bowled over by bigger, faster and/or stronger DL...and it seems that most DL are stronger and faster than him just from observations. He's had a few years with us and all he's proved is that he may be back-up material at best. Let's think upgrade instead of the possibility of keeping him.

Nobody's worried about losing Mckinney. U shouldn't lose any sleep over it either. I think just about ANYBODY would be better.

FIN NEW ERA said:

Yo Seth, er I mean Fin, we wont miss him. :sidelol:

Anyone worried about losing Mckinney?

:sidelol: ...

:sidelol: :sidelol: ...wait...

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: ...is this a trick question? Seriously Dave, you need to move on, you have recruiting to do and this unhealthy attachment to the Dolphins is inappropriate.

Worried about losing McKinney? The only thing Im worried about is that we might not lose him. he cant get out of town fast enough

The guy was alright this year, but he got no push at C. NONE

We only averaged 3.4 YPC through the middle of the line and that's a large result of him.

I remember reading in Dolphin Digest the past couple of years how in Wanny's column he would make reference to how he was impressed with McKinney. I don't there is defensive tackle in the league that loses sleep the night before a game knowing he is going up against McKinney the next day

Back
Top Bottom