Anything else y'all want in this draft ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anything else y'all want in this draft ?

Prescott, Braunecker or Ratelle in the 5th and that would make me happy.

Who would want to change a draft where we picked up a couple of good back-up players?

True, drafting someone who could start at a place of need would have been nice. But this is our Dolphins after all.

The one poor pick because of what they gave up to go get him (vs. need) is Carroo. If they were going to give up that much, it should have been Justin Simmons there; 6'2" Safety with 4.4 / 4.5 speed, who could slip up to LB or back to CB on any given play.

There is nothing about Carroo special enough for what they gave up. If they wanted a WR, they should have jumped back into the 2nd and taken Michael Thomas from OSU. A 6'3" / 212 / 4.5 bookend for Parker, he would have made matchup nightmares for the next decade.

We already had Leonte Carroo; his name was Rishard Matthews, and we let him walk for peanuts. Look what it took justto replace him.
Perhaps they like his mindset for the position. They obviously were targeting him for some reason. Maylock says he plays with a chip on his shoulder.

The one poor pick because of what they gave up to go get him (vs. need) is Carroo. If they were going to give up that much, it should have been Justin Simmons there; 6'2" Safety with 4.4 / 4.5 speed, who could slip up to LB or back to CB on any given play.

There is nothing about Carroo special enough for what they gave up. If they wanted a WR, they should have jumped back into the 2nd and taken Michael Thomas from OSU. A 6'3" / 212 / 4.5 bookend for Parker, he would have made matchup nightmares for the next decade.

We already had Leonte Carroo; his name was Rishard Matthews, and we let him walk for peanuts. Look what it took justto replace him.

And why did we need another WR when we can't use the ones we have now?

Let's take some more practice squad players!

I realize that some people are optimists and some are pessimists when it comes to our beloved Dolphins. I, for one, would like to think of the new regime as a few steps above the last one and that they have a plan when it comes to assembling the roster. There are a lot of good pieces already in place and throughout the free agency and this draft they have brought in their kind of players. I would hate to see Gase saddled with Philbin's players and not to be able to implement his playbook due to the lack of personnel. I don't expect the team to double wins this season or anything crazy like that. But I expect to see them be a little more competitive and to not have the mental breakdowns that were so apparent the past couple of seasons. I expect to see more discipline and fewer boneheaded penalties. I expect to see Tannehill upright more often. I expect to see the defense actually tackle ball carriers closer to the line of scrimmage rather than deep in the secondary.

I want THREE Fullbacks!

Then we might have someone who can pick up blocks in the passing game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, at least we didn't trade up in the 2nd for a Kicker. :rolleyes2:

So, we got that going for us.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jordan-howard?id=2555418

There is a REASON CJ Anderson did not come and play for us. We have zero commitment to the running game.

RB JORDAN HOWARD 6 feet, 230 pounds.

PRO DAY RESULTS
40-yard dash: 4.59 seconds
Short shuttle: 4.34 seconds
3-cone: 7.14 seconds

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Showed ability to step his game up against top competition at both UAB and Indiana. Rushed for at least 145 yards in every full game he played. Natural runner who combines tempo with a special feel for spacial relationships. Pro­-ready vision gives him outstanding feel for run lane developments at the line of scrimmage and onto the second level. Consistently chooses best angles and creases for optimal yardage. For a big back, can make himself skinny through tight quarters. Decisive and punishing. Drops pads and accelerates into contact to batter would-­be tacklers on the second and third levels. Drives legs through arm tackles and goes about his work. Hard-­charging when it’s third- or fourth-and-short. Showed potential in screen game as receiver.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 2 or 3

SOURCES TELL US "He's the best pure running back in this draft. I've coached some good ones and he's what you look for. His injuries will knock him back a round or so, and he's not as well-rounded as Ezekiel Elliott is, but I think this kid is the best runner in this year's draft." -- AFC running backs coach

NFL COMPARISON Arian Foster

BOTTOM LINE Howard has the optimal size and talent needed to strap the pads on and become a productive workhorse for a team looking for one, true lead back. Howard's vision, power and subtle shiftiness allow him to create and break tackles along the way. Staying healthy in the NFL is a legitimate concern for Howard considering his relentless running style. If he can stay healthy, Howard has the ability to become an instant factor as an NFL starter.

I want Bush, Deon Bush

[video=youtube;Ut0XTC33TEQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut0XTC33TEQ[/video]

Trade away 7s, 5 for a 4; take Deon Bush. Some team will get a starting Safety in the 4th, may as well be the hometown team.

Bush has size, Height, speed, and is an old-school thumper. Weakness is he bites hard on fakes sometimes. But...baller.

Now that Bush is gone in the 4th, I have to tell you the same thing I tell my wife all the time. You were right, and I was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom