AP All-American Team | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP All-American Team

TroySmith10 said:
I don't think the Big Ten is a gauntlet of pain and suffering..... it has talented teams, and it has bad teams.... just like every other conference....

But you can't tell me that that Bama, Missisippi, or Vandy are any better or worse than the bottom of the Big ten... Michigan state isn't even a bad team, they just had an insane coach. Michigan, Penn State, and Wisconsin could play with Tennesee, Georgia, and Kentucky....

Beasically you have 2 really good teams (Florida and LSU) and two decent teams (Auburn and Arkansas) .......

And I know you don't want to hear it (because it proves you wrong) but if you go .500 as a conference against meaningful OOC games it doens't say that much to prop you up.

Sorry.....SEC is a tp tier conference....they aren't ahead or behind any of the other top tier conferences anywhere but thier owns minds. Southern people are funny that way.....

No it doesn't prove me wrong. The SEC is a top notch conference, fact.

Southern people? WTF does that have to do with anything? There is a pretty heavy Northern bias in College Football if anything and I'm from Maryland so neither really applies.

TroySmith10 said:
I don't think the Big Ten is a gauntlet of pain and suffering..... it has talented teams, and it has bad teams.... just like every other conference....

But you can't tell me that that Bama, Missisippi, or Vandy are any better or worse than the bottom of the Big ten... Michigan state isn't even a bad team, they just had an insane coach. Michigan, Penn State, and Wisconsin could play with Tennesee, Georgia, and Kentucky....

Beasically you have 2 really good teams (Florida and LSU) and two decent teams (Auburn and Arkansas) .......

And I know you don't want to hear it (because it proves you wrong) but if you go .500 as a conference against meaningful OOC games it doens't say that much to prop you up.

Sorry.....SEC is a tp tier conference....they aren't ahead or behind any of the other top tier conferences anywhere but thier owns minds. Southern people are funny that way.....

I'm not a southern person, and I believe the SEC is ahead of the other conferences this year. And I would be willing to say BAMA is better than the bottom of the big Ten. I won't say that about the Miss's or Vandy, but BAMA is better than thier record, just like Michigan State.

UF Fin Kat said:
:lol: how the hell is the Big 10 deeper on paper? such nonsense.
Ummm, maybe you missed the AP All American Selections.
Big 10 First Team: 9
SEC First Team: 5

Big 10 Second Team: 6
SEC Second Team: 3

Big Ten Third Team: 4
Sec Third Team: 5

Total:
Big 10: 19
SEC: 13

Teams with 1st Team Players Big Ten: 5
Teams with 1st Team Players SEC: 4

Most players from one Team Big Ten: Ohio State/Michigan - 3
Most players from one Team SEC: LSU - 2

Major awards Big 10: Heisman, Walter Camp, Outland, Chuck Bednarik Award, Davey O'Brien Award, John Mackey Award, Bronko Nagurski Award, Vince Lombardi/Rotary Award, Ted Hendricks Award...WHOA...that was tiring..

Major awards SEC: Dick Butkus Award, Doak Walker Award

Ok, now I know that internet web boards are really paper....BUT, how does that look on paper so far??

"Can't we all just get along?"
~Rodney King:)

UF Fin Kat said:
3 good teams in the Big 10, 6+ good teams in the SEC.

Who are the 6?

By my count, there are 4 (UF, LSU, ARK, and TENN)

Auburn is on par with the Penn States of the world....

Stitches said:
I'm not a southern person, and I believe the SEC is ahead of the other conferences this year. And I would be willing to say BAMA is better than the bottom of the big Ten. I won't say that about the Miss's or Vandy, but BAMA is better than thier record, just like Michigan State.

Vandy and Kentucky have been much better than they have been in the past also

TroySmith10 said:
Who are the 6?

No way. Auburn is better than Penn State. I would say SEC has 5 good teams at least. Auburn being the one of the 5, counting the 4 you listed. I'm actually glad Penn State is playing Tenn. and not Auburn in thier bowl game. Penn State matches up much better against Tenn. than Auburn IMO.

Skeet84 said:
Vandy and Kentucky have been much better than they have been in the past also

Yea, Kentucky is a pretty good team this year compared to the past couple years.

OSUDauby said:
Ummm, maybe you missed the AP All American Selections.
Big 10 First Team: 9
SEC First Team: 5

Big 10 Second Team: 6
SEC Second Team: 3

Big Ten Third Team: 4
Sec Third Team: 5

Total:
Big 10: 19
SEC: 13

Teams with 1st Team Players Big Ten: 5
Teams with 1st Team Players SEC: 4

Most players from one Team Big Ten: Ohio State/Michigan - 3
Most players from one Team SEC: LSU - 2

Major awards Big 10: Heisman, Walter Camp, Outland, Chuck Bednarik Award, Davey O'Brien Award, John Mackey Award, Bronko Nagurski Award, Vince Lombardi/Rotary Award, Ted Hendricks Award...WHOA...that was tiring..

Major awards SEC: Dick Butkus Award, Doak Walker Award

Ok, now I know that internet web boards are really paper....BUT, how does that look on paper so far??

"Can't we all just get along?"
~Rodney King:)

Your talking about awards, not team play. Ummm Maybe if some of the SEC teams had a cupcake Schedule and could win alot of there games by playing inferior oppenents than they would have more Selections.

TroySmith10 said:
Who are the 6?

Auburn is better and I think Georgia is better also. Georgia killed Auburn and only lost to FL by 7. Also beat the #2 team in the ACC

UF Fin Kat said:
3 good teams in the Big 10, 6+ good teams in the SEC.

Yeah, ummm please name the 6+
Because you can spout off all you want about Georgia and teams that are "usually" good and then I can spout off about teams like Mich State, Purdue, Penn State, etc. that are "usually" good as well.

So, how about we just stick with the facts like I presented to you, "on paper.":lol:

Also, tell me ONE, yes just ONE team that has had the schedule that Penn State has played?

OSUDauby said:
Yeah, ummm please name the 6+
Because you can spout off all you want about Georgia and teams that are "usually" good and then I can spout off about teams like Mich State, Purdue, Penn State, etc. that are "usually" good as well.

So, how about we just stick with the facts like I presented to you, "on paper.":lol:

Also, tell me ONE, yes just ONE team that has had the schedule that Penn State has played?

Well Florida has the #1 ranked SOS in the nation, we could start there.

Skeet84 said:
Your talking about awards, not team play. Ummm Maybe if some of the SEC teams had a cupcake Schedule and could win alot of there games by playing inferior oppenents than they would have more Selections.
Yeah, well I'm not sure if you saw Florida's schedule against Western Carolina.....:shakeno:
Nooooo, the SEC never schedules a cupcake game.

OSUDauby said:
Yeah, well I'm not sure if you saw Florida's schedule against Western Carolina.....:shakeno:
Nooooo, the SEC never schedules a cupcake game.

And yet they still had the hardest schedule in the nation. :D

Back
Top Bottom