AP All Pro Team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP All Pro Team

Virginia99

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Dolphins are one of three teams (Giants and Lions) that did not have one player receive a single vote! Now, Holland and Wilkins should've received some votes, but this is another indictment of Grier!

if XMan isn't an All Pro CB (and always in the discussion), i don't know what to tell you
He allowed a decent amount of catches (and particularly touchdowns) this year. He wasn't a top 5 corner. Probably not even top 10 this year. If anyone has access to advanced stats, I'd be curious to know his passer rating allowed for this season vs last.

Yeah, if you don't include Wilkins you already know how pointless the AP Team selection is. Wilkins set the single season NFL record for most tackles by a defensive tackle. Ever.
Wow, I did not realize that. Very underpublicized stat. He is an excellent player. Very tough on the run. Watch him. There is invariably this powerful arm, low to the ground, lassoing the runner. You can't run past him. Quick and strong. And a leader.

Surprised Howard didnt get at least some votes... 5 INTs, 2 FFs and 2 TDs...
It's like X was overlooked this year. Crazy. Usually, coming off the type of season he had in 2020 he would've been overrated. It's like he's not in the discussion.

He allowed a decent amount of catches (and particularly touchdowns) this year. He wasn't a top 5 corner. Probably not even top 10 this year. If anyone has access to advanced stats, I'd be curious to know his passer rating allowed for this season vs last.
my mind tells me that was when he was playing hurt.

Trevon Diggs lead the league in passing yards given up and he got the most votes.

Voters look at INT's and nothing else.

Trevon Diggs lead the league in passing yards given up and he got the most votes.

Voters look at INT's and nothing else.
Diggs was horrible this year. He shouldn't have gotten any votes. Dude was freelancing constantly.

Eh. Not really. He had one bad game vs Tampa when he was limping around the field. He had another elite season.

Eh. Not really. He had one bad game vs Tampa when he was limping around the field. He had another elite season.
Do you have any stats to back that up? In about half of the games this year I was getting aggravated watching him get burned, shy away from contact, give up during the play (especially the first Buffalo game), etc...

Back
Top Bottom