AP All Pro Team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP All Pro Team

So Grier drafted a cornerback that, a season ago, led the NFL in interceptions, and put together another respectable season. He drafted a D-Lineman that broke the record for most tackles by a DL in history. He drafted a safety that finished ranked as PFF’s #3 safety in the league. And he drafted a receiver that broke the record for rookie catches. But somehow it’s his fault that they didn’t get any votes?

Do you have any stats to back that up? In about half of the games this year I was getting aggravated watching him get burned, shy away from contact, give up during the play (especially the first Buffalo game), etc...
No just the eyeball test. I don’t recall him getting burned too often. And he had over 50 tackles.

No just the eyeball test. I don’t recall him getting burned too often. And he had over 50 tackles.
He had a lot of tackles because he was giving up catches. Maybe we are remembering different games, there were at least half a dozen where I was screaming at the tv because he either stopped running when his guy beat him by even a bit, fell down and didn't try to pop right back up, just inexplicably stopped covering, or simply avoided contact and let someone get extra yardage.

X is the ultimate riverboat gambler at CB. Always has been. He tries to bait the QB into throwing his way. He is not a traditional lock down CB. He gets thrown at and makes a lot of big plays (ints) but also gives up some yards as well. This year the ints were down from last year 10 to 5 and TDs up a little 4 to 6. Pretty much the same as always gets targeted around a 100 times and gives up a little over 50% on completions. He is a very very good CB but he is just a different type then normal. He is not a Revis type guy that just looks to shut down guys.

He had a lot of tackles because he was giving up catches. Maybe we are remembering different games, there were at least half a dozen where I was screaming at the tv because he either stopped running when his guy beat him by even a bit, fell down and didn't try to pop right back up, just inexplicably stopped covering, or simply avoided contact and let someone get extra yardage.
I don’t buy it. He erased most of his receivers this year and made 9 huge plays in the turnover department. He’s the best player on our team IMO and it’s not even close. X will be in HOF consideration when all is said and done.

X is the ultimate riverboat gambler at CB. Always has been. He tries to bait the QB into throwing his way. He is not a traditional lock down CB. He gets thrown at and makes a lot of big plays (ints) but also gives up some yards as well. This year the ints were down from last year 10 to 5 and TDs up a little 4 to 6. Pretty much the same as always gets targeted around a 100 times and gives up a little over 50% on completions. He is a very very good CB but he is just a different type then normal. He is not a Revis type guy that just looks to shut down guys.
50% isn’t bad when league average is probably close to 70% for QBs comp %. He made 9 huge plays on turnovers this year w 2 FF, 2 FR and a scoop and score to go w those 5 picks and the pick 6. He had a sack as well. No one makes more plays on our defense than him and few players in the league year in and out. He’s a great player.

50% isn’t bad when league average is probably close to 70% for QBs comp %. He made 9 huge plays on turnovers this year w 2 FF, 2 FR and a scoop and score to go w those 5 picks and the pick 6. He had a sack as well. No one makes more plays on our defense than him and few players in the league year in and out. He’s a great player.
Yes very good great never said he wasn't. Just that he is different type of player then a traditional shutdown CB. He doesn't stay hip pocket like most top shutdown CBs. Like I said different style. He baits QBs. He makes more big plays ints and such. But gives up more yards/plays as well. And 50% is good. But 50% out of 100 targets is still 50 catches. That is why people think he gets burnt at times. It is kinda crazy that QBs try and keep going his way, he actually gets targeted more then Jones. Great player just a different style then most the traditional lock down elite CBs.

That is why people think he gets burnt at times.
He does get burnt at times. He baits QBs, and more often than not this year, it did not work out for him.

I know a lot of Dolphins fans like to hold his jock strap, but you guys (not talking to dan specifically) need to really learn how to watch players, and judge them as if they were on another team, rather than overrating them just because they are on the team we support.

Back
Top Bottom