AP: Dolphins head to Atlanta, Sparano wonders how ready they are | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP: Dolphins head to Atlanta, Sparano wonders how ready they are

Even when vanilla you make a quick judgment based on where our team is with an "Eyeball Test"

How do we look? Sloppy, or crisp, or fast, or athletic, or plodding? Last year Atlanta made us look like an 8 - 8 team. Maybe this year they'll make us look like a 5 - 11 team. That's my prediction.

Ive watched Henne play every game at Michigan and all his games for the dolphins, he has never completed 1 pass against a zone defense, ever.

Our offensive plays at 40 and our defensive plays at 70 pretty much sums it up I think.

Also, how much of a moron is Sparano. He consistently proves he is one. Didnt he say that he was not preparing for this game? So why is he wondering if they are ready??? And a good HC should know if his team is ready or not before any game. A good HC, which Sparano proves every week that he is not.

Our offensive plays at 40 and our defensive plays at 70 pretty much sums it up I think.

Also, how much of a moron is Sparano. He consistently proves he is one. Didnt he say that he was not preparing for this game? So why is he wondering if they are ready??? And a good HC should know if his team is ready or not before any game. A good HC, which Sparano proves every week that he is not.

too bad Harbaugh turned us down because another year of sparano could be quite painful

its not like the Falcons are going to be playing their #1 defense all game. its our rookies against their's. the offense being vanilla will be up against a vanilla defense and someone should be able to make a play and stand out. that is if they want to stick around.

Sparano has a knack for lowering expectations, and rightfully so in this case. The Atlanta game is a glorified practice session against different guys. It really shouldn't be called a game. We can gauge the offensive and defensive line play and some individual performances good and bad. We cannot draw too many conclusions from the game because there is still a lot of work to do.
Hopefully the fans will just be happy to see some Fins football. Take the game with a grain of salt.

The reaction is going to be negative no matter what happens.

If the Dolphins suck, it will be dooms day and people we bash players, coaches, and the owner because they played so bad in the first game.

If the Dolphins come out and light up the Falcons, those same people will be saying that it is just Preseason and these games don't show the true team and that they still suck.

That's a hopeless point of view. No one knows what will happen in the game for certain. If Miami plays with that philosophy, there is hope.

It’s just a practice with the lights on, which is when some guys turn it up a notch. Could be make or break for some guys. The way everything was shortened up this off season I would have thought Sporano would have had plenty of time to schedule practices and preparation for the exhibition games and have every detail down by now. Oh, wait, that’s something the good coaches would do.

The reaction is going to be negative no matter what happens.

If the Dolphins suck, it will be dooms day and people we bash players, coaches, and the owner because they played so bad in the first game.

If the Dolphins come out and light up the Falcons, those same people will be saying that it is just Preseason and these games don't show the true team and that they still suck.

Stupid statement! No one expects anything until the 3rd preseason game, and only the third game.

I'm just ready to hear those pads slamming into each other again.. I don't really care how "vanilla" (god what a famous preseason word) our O is gonna be tomorrow.

I truly hate preseason football. Its nice to see some football but u really cannot tell much by it. No matter what happens tonight somebody will quite overreact to it.

God i'm not looking forward to the morning after this game.

I hope people understand that Offenses are going to SUCK BIG TIME in weeks 1 and 2 (minimum) of the Pre Season. Not to mention we'll run a total of maybe 20 different plays. Having said that, people will still spaz out during and after the game.

Yes indeed. The sky could fall rather quickly if we don't score at least 38 points in the first preseason game.

Back
Top Bottom