AP: Dolphins want more offense under new coordinator | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP: Dolphins want more offense under new coordinator

Hayden is correct to point out the issues with changing OC's for a young QB. It's a gamble, but it's a gamble Miami HAD to make. Lazor and Landry are the two biggest acquisitions for Miami this off season. We'll see if they - along with the new OT's - will be enough to get the offense clicking. If Tannehill is to ever thrive, he should thrive in this offense.

hyden - Valid point you pulling T Hills teddy away in a critical year three is a huge gamble. But Spiketex already stated it is a gamble that had to be made. I have my concerns about it as well but we have to go down a new road and see where it leads us. I must say that I don't think it was the system that held T Hill and the O back last year. It was more Shermans play or lack there of play calling.

I'm all in with Lazor and hope for the best. besides this is his secopnd go around being involved with the implament of a NEW system and breaking in a young QB. He was involved last year with Philly. I'm sure he had pen and pad and noted the steps taken to get that show going.

I may be a little more optumistic then most but I really do believe the O is going to be high flying. I don't think the Oline is going to hold us back as much as many others do. If miller can be a threat out of the backfield and in the screen game watch out. by design of the system and attach the oline will be just fine.

I know I am a minority, but I still think it is a mistake taking RT out of an offense he knew inside and out. Plus, they are supposedly asking him to run a more uptempo offense…in a system he is not as familiar with? I think it is the wrong direction.

I agree with the sentiment completely. In this league, there are systems that make players and players that make systems. An analogy often used in the Marino vs. Montana debate.

I've always been a proponent of pouring resources around your QB and establishing a consistent environment for him. I advocated for keeping Sherman as a consultant or elevated/modified QB Coach to help keep the mentor in Tannehill's life. Having the same voice and process continue to teach Tannehill, but not within the confines of his offense and his play calling style. But I believe Sherman had a unique value to us as Tannehill's mentor.

We have arrived at the juncture where the mentor's ability to craft and execute an offense had come and gone. Which catapulted us to a critical point in Tannehill's career. This is the year we find out if Tannehill is a product of the system or can become a system.

While fans will always criticize their QB for this or that, I think everyone wants Tannehill to become a genuine Franchise QB. Even if they may not like him in every way, they would much rather see him take that step as opposed to facing the reality if he fails then we start over ... yet again. And everyone is tired of that process.

I believe how you believe. But this is where we are. Sherman was not going to be our OC and his offense was not going to stay. Of all of the OC's available, I think Lazor was the best fit for us and Tannehill. I hope we have found that young mind that wants to build his offense with Tannehill and be here for the relative long haul. The offense has a lot of promise and the players seem to like it. If it fosters excitement for the fans and players and puts points on the board, everyone wins.

Whether or not the timing is right, this year we take the training wheels off Tannehill and hope this is the beginning of a long and celebrated career as our Franchise QB. Frankly, I've not heard anyone say he is struggling. And I don't hear anyone focusing on his performance with negative inferences.

Fans think he should just be perfect in every way before they approve of him. Frankly, it's what I'm NOT hearing from the teammates, media and coaches that makes me know RT is about to become what we need.

Have faith.... cream rises.

The WCO sucks balls. It also played to the weaknesses of the team and virtually guaranteed our mediocre outcome. Literally any scheme but that rinky-dink nonsense of the past two years would be preferable. Given Lazor is a former QB, a former QB coach and the guy who made Foles look like Joe Montana, you can be sure Tannehill is at the center of his focus and plans.

Tannehill had peaked under Sherman. There needed to be a change and I like the new direction, I like Lazor and I'm quite sure than Tannehill is bright enough to learn a new system. I'm going to practice on Thursday so I'll share what I see in person. If you want to worry about something the o-line is #1 concern and unfortunately with Pouncey out and Smith off to a rough start I don't feel to good about the situation. More tomorrow.

Hayden is correct to point out the issues with changing OC's for a young QB. It's a gamble, but it's a gamble Miami HAD to make. Lazor and Landry are the two biggest acquisitions for Miami this off season. We'll see if they - along with the new OT's - will be enough to get the offense clicking. If Tannehill is to ever thrive, he should thrive in this offense.

It's a risk, but as long as it doesn't turn into what SanFran did with Alex Smith (new OC every year his first 5 years, and only one OC for a 2nd year until Harbaugh got hired) we'll be fine. The question on whether it is a risk is do you A)Feel Tannehill has physical weaknesses that would hold him back or B)Feel he has any Mental (as in football IQ) issues that would hold him back?

The other question is whether or not you believe Bill Lazor will adjust to his personnel? That's what held us back a few times. Dan Henning got really stubborn with playcalling his 3rd and final year with the team. Mike Sherman IMO misused a few different players early and didn't really value others (Fasano). If Lazor looks at his players and says "I can't do A,B,or C so let's do X,Y,and Z" that's great for Tannehill and the team. If he does what Sherman did (In my opinion) and say "Well A,B,and C aren't working, but A,B,and C always worked so let's do A,B, and C until the execution is perfect" that's bad.

Back
Top Bottom