AP: Rookie Landry off to a good start | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP: Rookie Landry off to a good start

Beckham probably is the more impressive physical prospect. Faster taller bigger. Not that it means everything but media loves workout numbers

Beckham projects better as a 1, because he's the better deep threat, and should demand a cushion from most NFL CB's. But Landry has tools as a 2 or 3 that Beckham does not. Different players, but I like both. I don't like Beckham at #12 overall, but that's not his fault. As hoops alluded to, Landry is the perfect inside receiver for a spread offense that wants to run the ball. He's too smooth to cover wit ha S or LB, and he's a mismatch in the run game against a CB.

Landry and Matthews/Gibson are going to be money in those 4 WR sets working the insides. I like Gibson but he better get healthy quick or Landry and Matthews are going to run away with those 3/4 spots.

I would love to see Landry have a Rookie of the Year type season for us. Maybe this is the year good things start to happen. It feels as though we have been snake bitten for a long time.

Landry and Matthews/Gibson are going to be money in those 4 WR sets working the insides. I like Gibson but he better get healthy quick or Landry and Matthews are going to run away with those 3/4 spots.

Yep. And Gibson may have gotten an injury today, limping off the field before the end of practice today, and coming out in shorts/no pads. Hate to see it, but injuries happen.

was pissed when we traded back twice in the second round but when we took Landry i was praising our guys.
i wanted him at our pick to begin with

Here is the reason why some of us wanted to draft a WR if a good player was there even though some felt we didn't really have the need. It's hard on rookie WR's usually to put up big numbers but it's hard not to get excited about him.

Everything we've seen/heard of this guy so far points to that kind of season. He's loved by the team from the owner on down, custom made for Lazor's shifty scheme, has hands and route running like Jerry Rice (not quite the speed though unfortunately, Jerry was 4.70 and Jarvis 4.77), man...

Exciting times ahead.

Everything we've seen/heard of this guy so far points to that kind of season. He's loved by the team from the owner on down, custom made for Lazor's shifty scheme, has hands and route running like Jerry Rice (not quite the speed though unfortunately, Jerry was 4.70 and Jarvis 4.77), man...

Exciting times ahead.

He did record that yes but it's also known he had a hamstring injury which surely slowed him. Ran faster at his Pro day in 4.5 range if I remember correctly.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up becoming my favorite player....there's absolutely nothing to dislike so far. Good kid. Great talent.

I did not like the pick when it happened. As many resources as we needed on the OL, I thought we were exercising a luxury pick at an inopportune moment. But I must say the professionalism we are hearing from James and Landry make this class seem very different than what we are accustomed. Landry is gonna be a very large piece of what we do for a long time.

Glad to say now, I love the pick.

I'm not quite sure how Beckham overshadowed him?

Landry out produced him every year.......

The 40 at the combine killed him. I know he was hurt, but I don't remember if after the 40 whether he worked out or not in other drills. The thing people forget is that a lot of scouts pre-combine said they liked Landry better than Beckham.

Now I like Landry a lot, and whether he develops into a great WR or not I don't know, BUT his work ethic is going to improve the team. When you have a guy who works harder than anybody, has great hands, and will lay it all on the line in practice, coaches will take notice and other players will know that they have to bring more to the table.

I could easily see him becoming a Hines Ward type WR.

I haven't been this excited about one of our draft picks in awhile. Pumped to see how he will perform come game time.

Back
Top Bottom