AP: Rookie Landry off to a good start | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP: Rookie Landry off to a good start

He could be this year's Keenan Allen.

This is what I was thinking, this guy just doesn't drop passes, so every time he will get a chance, he is going to make the best of it, and after he proves to be as reliable as we all hope he can be, more balls will start going his way.

That's the thing about the NFL, once you prove yourself, you will start to get attention...if he continues to be this reliable, the numbers are going to accumulate to the point where it will be tough not to consider him a ROY candidate.

Suffering in the heat, Landry paused to take off his pads but did not
stop practicing. Sixty times the machine slung a ball at Landry — high, low, left, and right — and 60 times Landry corralled it. Sling, pop. Sling, pop. Sling, pop.
If you want to be great at something, you have to work at it all the time, even if you’re good at it,” Landry said afterward. “That’s just one of my mentalities and part of my work ethic.”
After catching the final ball of the day, Landry returned to his pads and kneeled over. For 30 seconds, he did not move.
Landry had talked about the South Florida heat with a smile Friday, but there was no smile Sunday as he crouched, motionless.
“I was praying that I would make it off the field from the heat,” he explained, still out of breath.
Eventually, Landry gathered himself and trudged toward the shade. His work was done.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/07/28/4259454/miami-dolphins-rookie-wide-receiver.html

If he winds up being one of the best, it will be because of his work ethic.

I think Jordan Matthews of Vanderbilt (drafted by the Eagles) is going to be the Keenan Allen surprise package this year.

But, timing, route running and catching is what makes a WR succeed when the QB throws accurately and on time. We have a QB that throws accurately and is improving his timing ... so Landry has a great chance to succeed in Miami.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/07/28/4259454/miami-dolphins-rookie-wide-receiver.html

If he winds up being one of the best, it will be because of his work ethic.

Loving what I'm reading on Landry.

Jerry Rice didn't become the GOAT because of freakish natural ability, he became the best because of his relentless drive and work ethic, something Landry seems to share.

Barring injury, with his mentality he will develop into a consistent, top receiver in this league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, he's one of the best draft picks the Dolphins have made in 25 years. Said it as soon as they picked him.

For an organization like the Dolphins that struggles drafting, they hit the jackpot in the 2nd round with Jarvis Landry. I don't mean they just got a solid player... I mean they hit the jackpot. Everyone that doubted him even the slightest just hadn't seen him play. He was a freak show at LSU game after game in ALL aspects.... including on special teams as a gunner, and all the underrated aspects that a receiver can bring to an offense.

This kid will be everyone's favorite player very soon. Probably should already be.

He has Chris Chambers' knack for making the spectacular catch look routine, but with McDuffie's consistency at catching the one's you're supposed to catch.... and Hines Ward's toughness and aggressiveness. Jarvis Landry is a throwback to the receiver position, with special qualities that are unique to elite players individually. When you top it off with a relentless work ethic and desire to be a great player, the end result is typically one of the league's best. I'll bet high with anybody that he achieves it.

Again, he's one of the best draft picks the Dolphins have made in 25 years. Said it as soon as they picked him.

For an organization like the Dolphins that struggles drafting, they hit the jackpot in the 2nd round with Jarvis Landry. I don't mean they just got a solid player... I mean they hit the jackpot. Everyone that doubted him even the slightest just hadn't seen him play. He was a freak show at LSU game after game in ALL aspects.... including on special teams as a gunner, and all the underrated aspects that a receiver can bring to an offense.

This kid will be everyone's favorite player very soon. Probably should already be.

He has Chris Chambers' knack for making the spectacular catch look routine, but with McDuffie's consistency at catching the one's you're supposed to catch.... and Hines Ward's toughness and aggressiveness. Jarvis Landry is a throwback to the receiver position, with special qualities that are unique to elite players individually. When you top it off with a relentless work ethic and desire to be a great player, the end result is typically one of the league's best. I'll bet high with anybody that he achieves it.

So excited to see him play after reading this.

Did you do a post draft wrap up this year?

Loving what I'm reading on Landry.

Jerry Rice didn't become the GOAT because of freakish natural ability, he became the best because of his relentless drive and work ethic, something Landry seems to share.

Barring injury, with his mentality he will develop into a consistent, top receiver in this league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another big part of Rice's legendary play was his absolutely perfect route running, and great hands. I believe we're hearing the same stuff about Landry. I'm not projecting he's the next Rice, but there are worse WRs to share traits with.

Setting ourselves up to be let down. Landry the next rice. Tannehill the next tom brady only more athletic. I would love both but that is lofty expectations

Setting ourselves up to be let down. Landry the next rice. Tannehill the next tom brady only more athletic. I would love both but that is lofty expectations
I never said he would be the next rice, just that he shares a trait that made Rice so successful. More often than not, guys with that relentless work ethic and determination (see Wake) end up being great players.

I never said he would be the next rice, just that he shares a trait that made Rice so successful. More often than not, guys with that relentless work ethic and determination (see Wake) end up being great players.

Another big part of Rice's legendary play was his absolutely perfect route running, and great hands. I believe we're hearing the same stuff about Landry. I'm not projecting he's the next Rice, but there are worse WRs to share traits with.

I guess we were confusing...

I understand just lofty comparisons. But I guess comparisons dont mean equals

I have never seen us have so much depth at WR before in my entire 40 years as a fan as this.

Wallace in his second year with RT where Lazor has him in motion and moving inside from time to time? Timing routes will make Mike dangerous.

Then you have your blankie for any out for 3rd and long needed in Hartline.

Now you have your sure hands Landry who will quickly be RT's new blankie.

Matthews and Binns are just more guys you can rely on with the icing on the cake is big play Clay.

I don't know about you guys, but I think this offense will explode. Who the F do you cover? Then you get Miller in the action out of the backfield?

yeah, Lazor will make everything go. And don't look now but RT on read option to scare the pants off BB in 4th quarter.

I have never seen us have so much depth at WR before in my entire 40 years as a fan as this.

Wallace in his second year with RT where Lazor has him in motion and moving inside from time to time? Timing routes will make Mike dangerous.

Matthews and Binns are just more guys you can rely on with the icing on the cake is big play Clay.

I don't know about you guys, but I think this offense will explode. Who the F do you cover? Then you get Miller in the action out of the backfield?

yeah, Lazor will make everything go. And don't look now but RT on read option to scare the pants off BB in 4th quarter.

I'm excited for the same reasons. I just hope the OL will be ready enough not to let the rush straight through and let some plays develop.

Not to mention the protection should be better, not just with the additions of Moreno, Albert and James but Sims and Miller should be better too. And unlike most I think Tannehill does have decent pocket presence, he regressed last season but I expect him to be much improved at avoiding sacks on his own.

The protection will be better.
The weapons are better.
Tannehill should show some progression.
Lazor's supposedly a master at perfecting the QB sneak, picking up a yard should be much improved.
Sturgis will show why he was the first kicker taken as he was hurt most of last season.
And Lazor should bring a less predictable game plan to the table at the very least.

So I'm predicting a major increase in offensive production, like a jump from bottom 5 to top 10 isn't out of the question. And I'm predicting Tannehill will be top 5 in yards.

There is heavy action on the under for the Dolphins and I predict there is gonna be a lot of disappointed gamblers. People are betting with their (still broken) hearts and not with their heads.

Back
Top Bottom