AP: Saban to pass Belichick in '06 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP: Saban to pass Belichick in '06

Bjorn

Go Giants
Reaction score
AP reports the truth is that Miami Dolphins HC Nick Saban, who learned NFL defenses under HC Bill Belichick, will catch or pass the Patriots in the next year. If QB Daunte Culpepper continues to make his miraculous comeback from triple knee ligament surgery, the Dolphins could catch the Patriots this year. The Patriots are showing signs of slowing down, even though they should win 11 games with a much easier schedule than they had in 2005. Except for QB Tom Brady and DE Richard Seymour, the Patriots' roster is running out of Pro Bowl-caliber players. In contrast, Saban is assembling a big, physical team and has a quarterback in Culpepper who can compete with Brady.

http://www.nflfans.com/draft/article.php?story=20060706060719730

I don't have the exact link to this article, but it's always nice to see things like this around the web.:wink::dolphins:

I do not trust the Pats. Belichick is to smart to just let him team slide without doing anything.

He is a sneaky basterd.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
http://www.nflfans.com/draft/article.php?story=20060706060719730

I don't have the exact link to this article, but it's always nice to see things like this around the web.:wink::dolphins:

Good read but does that mean that Saban will follow in Bill's footsteps exactly. A couple of good years and then decline. I hope that we build a dynasty unseen before. I want to see the Fins competing every year, AFC championship a minimum goal. As long as Saban and his staff are present I dont see why not. It will be much like the team of the 70's then. Perhaps then, that we will be able to compare the two teams, and also realise what exactly the team of the 70's brought to us. I think a lot of the younger guys dont appreciate what was done then, and also , perhaps we dont want to accept what is going on now, as being a threat to what did go on then.

Whitedolphin54 said:
Good read but does that mean that Saban will follow in Bill's footsteps exactly. A couple of good years and then decline. I hope that we build a dynasty unseen before. I want to see the Fins competing every year, AFC championship a minimum goal. As long as Saban and his staff are present I dont see why not. It will be much like the team of the 70's then. Perhaps then, that we will be able to compare the two teams, and also realise what exactly the team of the 70's brought to us. I think a lot of the younger guys dont appreciate what was done then, and also , perhaps we dont want to accept what is going on now, as being a threat to what did go on then.

Uhhh..in case you weren't watching the last five years, Belichik did build a dynasty (as much as I hate to admit it).

Whitedolphin54 said:

Couple of "good" years? :sidelol:
We are talking about the New England Patriots right??

AP reports the truth is that Miami Dolphins HC Nick Saban, who learned NFL defenses under HC Bill Belichick

:confused: :shakeno:
I didn't know Saban learned NFL defenses from Belichick.
Is this really true?

That's the fact. Saban learned from one of the best (if not the best) defensive mind in the league...:wink:

Assistant coach for the Cleveland Browns 1991-1994... Where Belichick was head coach from 1991-1995

LikeUntoGod said:
I do not trust the Pats. Belichick is to smart to just let him team slide without doing anything.

He is a sneaky basterd.
Sneaky has nothing to do with it. He got lucky with Tom Brady.
Every organization is bound to miss on some players. They were fortunate in many ways the last 4 yrs., in that they got excellent play from unlikely people like Vrabel and Bruschi.
It's hard in the NFL to maintain a high level of play. I have been stating numerous times that they will take a step back this yr. especially with the losses of McGinest, Vinatieri and Givens. They really haven't replaced McGinest and Vinatieri. Their WR group and secondary has no depth and their LB's are getting up in years.

LAphinfan said:
Uhhh..in case you weren't watching the last five years, Belichik did build a dynasty (as much as I hate to admit it).

Their run is impressive, but I wouldn't call it a dynasty. Squeaking out last second FG's against the Rams (average defense), an upstart Panthers team and an overrated Eagles team does not a dynasty make.
I'm from a generation that witnessed true dominance from the 72-73 Dolphins, the Steelers of the mid to late 70's, the 49'ers of the 80's and the Cowboys of the 90's.

Superself said:
AP reports the truth is that Miami Dolphins HC Nick Saban, who learned NFL defenses under HC Bill Belichick

:confused: :shakeno:
I didn't know Saban learned NFL defenses from Belichick.
Is this really true?
Saban and BB's pops go back over 20 years. Saban learned BB's defense and then tweaked it with his own wrinkles so that it basically equates to Bear Bryants defense where you learn a technique more then a position...versitility is key

Back
Top Bottom