Aponte as GM? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aponte as GM?

Dolfan 4 Life
Reaction score
I've felt like Ross has enjoyed the spotlight a little more than winning since he got here....What bigger spotlight right now than first female GM???

She wouldn't be the first.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Does she have any experience at scouting and evaluating talent ? If not, then no way.

She wouldn't be the first.

Who would be? The only two I can think of would be Katie Brown in Cincinnati or Amy Trask in Oakland? I'm not sure what their actual titles were at their respective positions.

Neither one actually really had say on personnel in their respective positions. Amy Trask was more like Al Davis' adjutant and Brown was just Mike Brown's relative there as a nepotism hire who didn't really do anything as far as I know.

My bet is she is the winner along with Joe when all is said and done.

saw this

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 34s
I know you're hearing a lot about Aponte/Gaine from myself & others, but to be clear, Ross intends for someone else to oversee operations.

Why her? She's good with cap money. So what does that have to do with draft picks and free agent talent? Nothing.

Who would be? The only two I can think of would be Katie Brown in Cincinnati or Amy Trask in Oakland? I'm not sure what their actual titles were at their respective positions.

Neither one actually really had say on personnel in their respective positions. Amy Trask was more like Al Davis' adjutant and Brown was just Mike Brown's relative there as a nepotism hire who didn't really do anything as far as I know.

Susan T. Spencer

http://www.briefcaseessentials.com/how-one-woman-tackled-the-nfl/

I see her as a bean counter not a GM. THE BIGGEST GAP has been talent evaluation not the cap. I don't see her as a GM. God help us if that's what Ross is thinking.

Does she have any experience at scouting and evaluating talent ? If not, then no way.

There are different types of GMs throughout the league. No two GMs share the exact same duties. Some work specifically with the cap while the HC has more control over personnel and makes those decisions. Others where the GM makes personnel decisions over the HC, in which case they may have someone else dealing with the cap under a different title. These are just examples but you get the idea.

If Aponte was appointed the role of GM it would be assumed the personnel decisions would fall on the HC (Philbin) and his scouting staff etc..

Barry Jackson, Jeff Darlington and Armando Salguero have already said Aponte will not be promoted to GM. The GM will be an outside hire.

Apparently she has been the cap lady and the lead negotiator. Seems that she has done a fantastic job with that stuff, especially with the cap. I don't think she has much of a role in what specific personnel the team targets.

Aponte is in charge for now but Ross is not planning to keep her as his gm.

Back
Top Bottom