Aponte pulls name for position in NFL office | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aponte pulls name for position in NFL office

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
Get used to her she isn't going anywhere.
I just read somewhere say she pulled her name from consideration for the VP position of the NFL.

Read it on the Phin Addicts site on Facebook don't know how reliable it is.
Because I searched everywhere and couldn't find a link about her taking her name out.
y3equ6ud-1.jpg

here you go... no link but it's a bird chirp.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 42m

CBS says Aponte removed name from consideration for NFL job.Presumably stays with Fins.S. Ross declined to say if GM will report to Aponte.

No surprise, she was probably looking to bolt if Ireland was retained. Since the tension was removed she can stay.

Im surprised it took so long to be posted here. Was on twitter for about 20 min already.

God I hope she doesn't become the person our GM answers to.

Can anyone give me a reason why why we should be happy with her running our football operations?

I have no hate for Aponte's ambition. But I think she needs to make her goal very clear. If her goal is to become the first female GM in the NFL, good for her. What is she willing to do to get there? Obviously she knows the workings of the cap and a front office structure. Is she willing to also start at the bottom on the scouting/talent evaluation side? If Ross wants to groom her, I'm all for it. Once she's had some experience on the scouting/talent evaluation side, then a real discussion can occur about her as a GM candidate.

here you go... no link but it's a bird chirp.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 42m

CBS says Aponte removed name from consideration for NFL job.Presumably stays with Fins.S. Ross declined to say if GM will report to Aponte.

Thanks bro!

Im surprised it took so long to be posted here. Was on twitter for about 20 min already.

God I hope she doesn't become the person our GM answers to.

Can anyone give me a reason why why we should be happy with her running our football operations?

Is she running football operations?

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

I don't have a problem with her staying as long as she doesn't have total control over the entire football operations. She needs to focus on the cap and let a real GM come here and run things.

I hope the new GM doesn't have to report to her, don't believe any of the good candidates would wanna work here if they have that.

The new GM won't have to report to her. The GM will evaluate talent and she will be in charge of contracts and the cap. They will work together with Philbin to formulate the roster. Which I'm glad ,because now the Fins won't ever have to more than likely worry about being in cap hell, because when it comes to contract negotiations she is a bulldog.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 53m

Aponte's taking heat from fans on Twitter, but one thing you can't doubt: Fins done a good job w/cap (players they've signed, questionable)

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly

Dawn Aponte had always possessed most of the power in Steve Ross' circle of trust, and now it appears she holds all the power. For now.

----------

So until there is a GM she is pretty much is in charge.My guess is we'll know the GM in the week leading up to the superbowl.

Back
Top Bottom