Aponte pulls name for position in NFL office | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aponte pulls name for position in NFL office

The new GM won't have to report to her. The GM will evaluate talent and she will be in charge of contracts and the cap. They will work together with Philbin to formulate the roster. Which I'm glad ,because now the Fins won't ever have to more than likely worry about being in cap hell, because when it comes to contract negotiations she is a bulldog.

Thank you. I have been posting this thought for a couple of days now. No one seems to grasp the idea of team leadership where people have specific roles for the common goal while not having authority over the others.

Most probably like Josh McDaniels not front runner pull name save face.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 53m

Aponte's taking heat from fans on Twitter, but one thing you can't doubt: Fins done a good job w/cap (players they've signed, questionable)

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly

Dawn Aponte had always possessed most of the power in Steve Ross' circle of trust, and now it appears she holds all the power. For now.

----------

So until there is a GM she is pretty much is in charge.My guess is we'll know the GM in the week leading up to the superbowl.

Yes she has the power now because of the void left with Ireland leaving. She will not have that same power with a new gm.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

i keep reading how good of a job she has done with the cap. can someone please post contract comparisons so there is something to base this on? because when i look at the dolphins cap situation compared to other teams it is very similar. the difference is that the teams in worse cap situations have more talent. our cap number is good right now because we're down on talent and have a bunch of free agents.

Let her stay as cap guru but keep her the hell away from personnel moves

Read it on the Phin Addicts site on Facebook don't know how reliable it is.
Because I searched everywhere and couldn't find a link about her taking her name out.
y3equ6ud-1.jpg

Nightmare scenario !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i keep reading how good of a job she has done with the cap. can someone please post contract comparisons so there is something to base this on? because when i look at the dolphins cap situation compared to other teams it is very similar. the difference is that the teams in worse cap situations have more talent. our cap number is good right now because we're down on talent and have a bunch of free agents.

She is good with drawing up cap friendly contracts that don't and won't put the team in cap hell.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

Quite honestly being 40 mil under the cap is not just a reflection of Aponte being good at her job. It also reflects poor drafting and not bringing in enough quality free agents to fill holes.

Quite honestly being 40 mil under the cap is not just a reflection of Aponte being good at her job. It also reflects poor drafting and not bringing in enough quality free agents to fill holes.

I'll say this. A lot of NFL teams are in cap hell, or have gone through cap hell recently. We were one of them. We were stuck with Wannstedt dead money even after Parcells got here.

I'm not saying that Dawn Aponte is irreplaceable or that we should overlook other factors, but just looking at the facts of everything that's going on with this team, I have to say that she's the only one of the three big players on the football side of the organization who has actually done a good job.

Yes she has the power now because of the void left with Ireland leaving. She will not have that same power with a new gm.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

Don't count on it...just sayin

Hell with it.

Hire Armando as Head over all News for the Phins, such as Miami Dolphins.com etc
Omar for Public Relations for which is is aptly qualified.
Dawn as GM slash back stabber extraordinaire
Philbin as Head coach/GM's little helper/ OC
And Carl Peterson as consultant in the Bill Parcell we want your Money for nothing role.

Then next year they can fire them all and then we can move on!

P.S Oh yes while were at it Nick Saban for President, Wanny for Vp and Cam Cameron for
Campaign Manager.

Yeah, no power play going on from her...none at all.

There are a lot of spin masters though

She is good with drawing up cap friendly contracts that don't and won't put the team in cap hell.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

yeah that's what everyone says but this team is not even in a position it could resign all of it's own free agents. if they did, they would be in cap hell.

I'll say this. A lot of NFL teams are in cap hell, or have gone through cap hell recently. We were one of them. We were stuck with Wannstedt dead money even after Parcells got here.

I'm not saying that Dawn Aponte is irreplaceable or that we should overlook other factors, but just looking at the facts of everything that's going on with this team, I have to say that she's the only one of the three big players on the football side of the organization who has actually done a good job.
Absolutely. It's why I can only shake my head when I read all the fear of her being involved in the future of the franchise.

Back
Top Bottom