Aponte pulls name for position in NFL office | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aponte pulls name for position in NFL office

shes done a good job i dont mind keeping her around.

was ireland this bad that no one wanted to stay here because of him, yikes.

If the new GM will have to report to her there will be slim pickings to chose a quality person. Ross needs to make clear who is responsible for what. And I don't think it would be a wise idea to make the new GM report to her. My guess is her talent evaluation skills will not get us the best draft picks or FA's. She is awesome with the cap and financials but that needs to be the scope of her duties. We need a top talent evaluator to have final say over the draft.

She probably heard she wasn't getting the NFL gig. Let's face it, it would be hard for any Miami front office exec to avoid the stain of Martin/Incog, the flameout this season, the perpetual mediocrity and the bad press the team gets.

She probably just found out what her ceiling is and turns out it's in SoBe.

Absolutely. It's why I can only shake my head when I read all the fear of her being involved in the future of the franchise.

As long as she's not making key player evaluation / selection decisions, I don't have any problem with her remaining in her current role.

Okay, so she and Joe Philbin didn't like Jeff Ireland? So what? Again, NOBODY LIKES JEFF IRELAND. Fans don't like him, people around the NFL don't like him, players don't like him, media guys don't like him. Nobody likes him. Nobody likes Jeff Ireland.

We're supposed to be surprised that people whose continued employment depends on his ability to not be a ****up are somehow going to like him more? When he is a ****up?

It's weird to me.

As long as she's not making key player evaluation / selection decisions, I don't have any problem with her remaining in her current role.

Okay, so she and Joe Philbin didn't like Jeff Ireland? So what? Again, NOBODY LIKES JEFF IRELAND. Fans don't like him, people around the NFL don't like him, players don't like him, media guys don't like him. Nobody likes him. Nobody likes Jeff Ireland.

We're supposed to be surprised that people whose continued employment depends on his ability to not be a ****up are somehow going to like him more? When he is a ****up?

It's weird to me.
Darlington already reported that Ross won't consider her as a GM or Czar because of her lack of personnel evaluation experience yet that seems to fly over a lot of heads. She'll work alongside a GM which is fine.

I have no problem with Aponte just as long as she has nothing to do with scouting or evaluating players, that's not in her job description and has no business doing it because she probably knows nothing about it. Let the GM do their job and let Aponte do her job which Is deal with numbers.

I have no problem with Aponte just as long as she has nothing to do with scouting or evaluating players, that's not in her job description and has no business doing it because she probably knows nothing about it. Let the GM do their job and let Aponte do her job which Is deal with numbers.
It's amazing how an article by a bad writer can spin so many people out of control. Aponte has been working strictly with cap issues and has nothing to do with player evaluation. That's not going to change.

It's amazing how an article by a bad writer can spin so many people out of control. Aponte has been working strictly with cap issues and has nothing to do with player evaluation. That's not going to change.

Only Armando Salguero can find a way to get this fanbase to somehow be upset with Dawn Aponte and Joe Philbin for having a bad relationship with Jeff "I thought I said it under my breath" Ireland and wonder how Joe was upset that he got stuck with Richie Incognito and Jon Martin over his vocal protests and then not only had to watch his QB get destroyed because they sucked, but also deal with a ****ing NFL INVESTIGATION midseason because they were broke-brained morons.

Listen, Joe Philbin ain't a great head coach, and it is weird that Dawn Aponte prepares note cards for him before he speaks with the media, but let's be realistic here. If you were him, and you were getting maybe your ONE shot, EVER, to be a head coach, and your GM sticks you with a guy you want cut because he's a scumbag, and another guy you want cut/demoted because he's both a bad player and a total fruitcake, and you wind up having to fire your friend and mentor because that situation crippled your offense...

Wouldn't you have a bad relationship with that guy?

Quite honestly being 40 mil under the cap is not just a reflection of Aponte being good at her job. It also reflects poor drafting and not bringing in enough quality free agents to fill holes.

that, and we're not really 40 mil under the cap. we are 21 mil under the 127 mil cap. we can use rollover to spend as much as 144 mil - in 2014. however, if we do that, we will be well over the 2015 cap.

if gm reports to aponte yeah i think we could have some issues finding someone willing to come on...reports to her for what??? cap numbers???

come on

Good that's how it should be and should stay. Because I believe Aponte has done a good job for what she has to work with.

Back
Top Bottom