Aponte "wants badly to get out"; others in limbo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aponte "wants badly to get out"; others in limbo

Armando is full of it that article said absolutely nothing lol

Makes sense that Jeff Pash "loves" Aponte. One of the things that came out of the whole NFLPA battle was just how much of a bluntly rabid asshole Jeff Pash is.

Anyway, the rest of it is pure Mando. Deflecting blame from Ireland here. Deflecting blame from Ireland there. Deflecting blame from Ireland... everywhere. "The most talented roster since he's been there" was my favorite part. How much more patronizing can you get, especially when you're not trying to be patronizing? He might as well have given out a little league trophy for "Most Improved".

My second favorite part was Mando calling to check around on this whole "tension" business and not finding anyone who would refute it. Oh, you don't say? This tension -- nicespeak for "they want to kill each other" -- is not some recent development. It's a ****pot that's been simmering for months if not years yet Mando wants us to believe with his close relationship with Ireland that he's only now getting a whiff? More bull****. He just didn't say anything because dysfunction on this scale isn't good for his #1 source.

I hope Big Ears is watching his TV tomorrow night because the guy we should be looking at to hose this whole situation down will be on Auburn's sideline. The last time Ross bungled one of these deals the coach he failed to hire took his new team to the Super Bowl in his second year and a few hours ago took them on the road to win a game on Pluto.

ys8WUh5-1.gif
DEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Ireland had tension with Sparano. Now he has tension with Philbin. At some point even Ross should be able to see that Ireland is the common thread and a walking dysfunction.

Ireland had tension with Sparano. Now he has tension with Philbin. At some point even Ross should be able to see that Ireland is the common thread and a walking dysfunction.

Seriously. Ross may be a moron when it comes to football, but how he can be stupid enough to continue to not see how big a liability Ireland is is mind-boggling.

Anyway, the rest of it is pure Mando. Deflecting blame from Ireland here. Deflecting blame from Ireland there. Deflecting blame from Ireland... everywhere. "The most talented roster since he's been there" was my favorite part. How much more patronizing can you get, especially when you're not trying to be patronizing? He might as well have given out a little league trophy for "Most Improved".

My second favorite part was Mando calling to check around on this whole "tension" business and not finding anyone who would refute it. Oh, you don't say? This tension -- nicespeak for "they want to kill each other" -- is not some recent development. It's a ****pot that's been simmering for months if not years yet Mando wants us to believe with his close relationship with Ireland that he's only now getting a whiff? More bull****. He just didn't say anything because dysfunction on this scale isn't good for his #1 source.

Yup. Also, how does he know Aponte badly wants out? Did she tell him that?

In a week filled with BS reports, this one might be the biggest turd of all.

Yup. Also, how does he know Aponte badly wants out? Did she tell him that?

In a week filled with BS reports, this one might be the biggest turd of all.

Aponte is being considered for the GM job. A job that Jeff Ireland currently has. So if Mando plants a line of bull**** out there about Aponte looking for the ejector seat it puts a nice little skid mark on her chance to get the job (she can deny it up and down, of course, but Ross is probably going to assume it came from somewhere other than the bottom of Mando's toilet bowl).

Aponte might want the league job but she also wants to be the second female GM in NFL history. If she's looking to get out of town it's because the Dolphins have become crazier than a cat lady. But she probably thinks she can fix that if she's put in charge. I mean, it's not like she's at Joe Philbin's throat. From everything we've seen they get along just fine. But I don't think she gets along with Ireland so well.

If you look at every Mando story from the point of view of someone who's close with Ireland and feeding like a hungry dog on his bull**** and trying everything he can think of to save his favorite source's job, then suddenly everything he writes makes perfect sense.

Aponte might want the league job but she also wants to be the second female GM in NFL history.

Just out of curiosity, who was the first? Amy Trask of the Raiders? What was her job title? IIRC, she wasn't at all involved in the personnel stuff.

Ohh, maybe Mike Brown's daughter? :sidelol:

And the players can't stand Ireland either

The Dez Bryant situation. What he said to Martin's agents. How big of a douche do you have to be to piss off agents this bad that they would potentially alienate a franchise calling out its GM?

That blog post from Armando is hilarious, he basically admits that he knows **** all about what's going to happen and deflects blame from Ireland because he doesn't want to lose his leak.

Back
Top Bottom