Aqua Vision vs Being Realistic? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aqua Vision vs Being Realistic?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
Our team has been ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS so far this season, exceeding the expectation of everyone, and every Phinatic has to be happy or, a Jets fan in disguise. LOL

That being said, we have not beaten a VG team, and are still 4-3. The ST's have been FAN-TASTIC, and the D is not close behind. The O has pretty much sucked overall, from the OL to the RB's, to the WR's. I don't see how anyone can dispute that.

A few think this should not be said, and haven't a clue as to what they are posting about. JMO

There is a bit of irrational exuberance going on which is fine. I think it is due to the prolonged irrelevance. People are over-reading little trends.

Clearly the compass is pointing up.
The defense is solid
The special teams is solid.
The offense is coming along though below average.
The team appears to be improving from week to week and has bought into what the staff has been preaching.

I do not think that playoffs in this watered down AFC is beyond the realm of possibility, because a 9-7 record will likely get you there.

Are we elite of course not, but we are a fringe playoff team with a good cap situation, lots of draft picks and good potential in the most important areas(Qb and Coaching).

The O has pretty much sucked overall, from the OL to the RB's, to the WR's. I don't see how anyone can dispute that.

I think you are selling the O short here. While they have not played as well as the D or special teams they have contributed to the wins.
10 rushing TD's in 7 games says that you do indeed have good running backs. They are not puttting up gaudy numbers but they get it done when we get to the red zone.

it is not that easy to rush it in for those 2 and 3 yard TD's and we have been able top do it consistently.

As far as beating a good teams you are spot on. But we will get our chances.

I think you are selling the O short here. While they have not played as well as the D or special teams they have contributed to the wins.
10 rushing TD's in 7 games says that you do indeed have good running backs. They are not puttting up gaudy numbers but they get it done when we get to the red zone.

it is not that easy to rush it in for those 2 and 3 yard TD's and we have been able top do it consistently.

As far as beating a good teams you are spot on. But we will get our chances.

When you win two games by scoring 17 points, the O had little to do with the wins. Philbin has said pretty much the same.

I think our offense is getting a little bit of a bounce because so much of it is new.
New Qb
New Coach
New philosophy.

There just isn't as much there to study our tendencies with. Therefore we are still surprising people at times.
I fear some of that will regress as the season goes along as teams obtain material on us.

For now our offense is designed to do just enough to not lose the game not be the dictating force of the team.

Disagree, Rushing TD's by Thomas and Bush are the reason we beat the Bengals. We kick FG's there and we lose. The D and special teams were good in that game but you have to hammer it into the endzone on the road. Neither Special team or D actually scored the TD's. The offense did.

Then in the Ram game RT17 throws for 2 TD's and 100 plus passer rating. Despite the D being pushed all over the field by the RAMs and holding time of possession lead we win becuase of a precision passing game by RT17.

Disagree, Rushing TD's by Thomas and Bush are the reason we beat the Bengals. We kick FG's there and we lose. The D and special teams were good in that game but you have to hammer it into the endzone on the road. Neither Special team or D actually scored the TD's. The offense did.

Then in the Ram game RT17 throws for 2 TD's and 100 plus passer rating. Despite the D being pushed all over the field by the RAMs and holding time of possession lead we win becuase of a precision passing game by RT17.

True story Fins, and I do respect your opinion. However, if the O was any good, we would not be talking about a few plays. The only reason we are 4-3 is because of our D and ST's.

Does anyone have any game, where they believe that our O won the game? I do not.

I beleive we won 4 games as a team. No need to give credit anywhere else.

There is a bit of irrational exuberance going on which is fine. I think it is due to the prolonged irrelevance. People are over-reading little trends.

Clearly the compass is pointing up.
The defense is solid
The special teams is solid.
The offense is coming along though below average.
The team appears to be improving from week to week and has bought into what the staff has been preaching.

I do not think that playoffs in this watered down AFC is beyond the realm of possibility, because a 9-7 record will likely get you there.

Are we elite of course not, but we are a fringe playoff team with a good cap situation, lots of draft picks and good potential in the most important areas(Qb and Coaching).

this is a good post...and this teams gonna beat a solid team or two before the season ends...they would have already had we played a few more of em

there's not a team in the 11-20 range that i don't think miami can play against in any venue...only real concerns for me in that regard would be ones with real high end #2 wrs...cause i'm just not sure carroll is ready for that leap yet...

there's not a team in the 11-20 range that i don't think miami can play against in any venue...only real concerns for me in that regard would be ones with real high end #2 wrs...cause i'm just not sure carroll is ready for that leap yet...

There we go. I want to see how this team does in defending a Brady & the Pats or, how they fare vs SF and their KILLER D. That is what I look for and to. Then, we will know where we are. Not now, in beating some average or bad teams.

There we go. I want to see how this team does in defending a Brady & the Pats or, how they fare vs SF and their KILLER D. That is what I look for and to. Then, we will know where we are. Not now, in beating some average or bad teams.

suit yourself...i'm just stoked this teams no longer a laughing stock and has the qb to build around for the future and a difference maker...

Id like to know what so called "good" team you think it is that we cant play with?

New England.... please. Sanchez lit them up. Their defense is pathetic. We have played well against that team over the years with most of the same players we have now. Add in a real QB and a much better HC than we have had and I dont see how we dont beat them at least once. You must have forgotten that we lead 17-0 against them last year. Im not scared. In fact, I wouldnt be stunned at all if it turns out were the better team.

Baltimore? .... Their defense is hot garbage as well. This was true even before Ray the knife Lewis went down. Now their defense is even worse. Losing Webb was a huge blow as he was their only good CB. Their offense is lead by the elite wanna be Bert. While their offense is definately good, its not like this team is some world beater.

Pittsburgh?..... Their defense is brought to the stadium from the nursing home. Their QB is great and they have some offense. But, Im not scared. Tebow beat them last year.

Now Denver is legit. Their D is underrated. They have great corners and a couple of playmakers in the front 7. Then of course they have The Sheriff. They will be tough to beat. But, they arent flawless.

Houston?.... They are a complete team, but Im not scared to run it back. They got that big run of turnovers that blew the game open. Outside of that spree, we played them tough. Their offense is based off that running game and play action. I think we showed we can play well against their run game. If Sean Smith raises his game against Andre Johnson and we stop the run again, we could beat them. I wouldnt like to play them every week, but we are capable of beating them.

Get real man. Quit sleeping on the phins. We have a pretty damn good team.

Sorry...but the King of Atlantis...ALWAYS has aqua vision.

Back
Top Bottom