Archer mini Update! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Archer mini Update!

When will we get a new DC? When some guy out there is willing to share the duty with Saban. Saban is a Bellechick type of coach, he wins with defense. Therefore, he is going to be the main man on "D". Whether it's a 3-4, 4-3, or some other type of package, the DC needs to have a small ego, which a college coach like Archer would have, at this point.

Yes cause we all know how 'with it' the media is. Yes cause were going out and hiring one coach with a 3-4 background all of a sudden were making an automatic change to the 3-4. Uh huh.

Why can't people just accept that Saban's looking to just mix it up and leave his options open. The guy wants to play mixed defense from what I am seeing. In the end he's going to run schemes that best compliment his players and I don't think we will see one specific type of set of defense which excites the hell outta me. I'd love to see us line up 3-4 one series and be able to pull off a 4-3 the following series and mix up the coverages etc.

This has been my position all along. My personal opinion is that in the end we'll see more 3-4 than 4-3 once Saban gets the kind of players he wants, however if you've read any of my posts on the subject you'd know that I've said all along that Saban will toss in a lot of 3-4 fronts and go with a hybrid defense for a while. What I hate is when someone has a valid idea from a personnel standpoint on what kind of linebacker or defensive linemen we will go after or something we get KB21 and a ton of other know-it-alls trying to smack them down and lay to rest the rumor that we'll be utilizing 3-4 schemes in our defense. If we're going to use a hybrid defense, you need PLAYERS to do that, so these ideas on guys that would be good for the 3-4 are certainly valid.

And no, it's not just one coach. It's FOUR. Mangini, Pees, Grantham, and now Archer. All have their most extensive PRO experience with the 3-4 defense, and all are candidates not just for "one little coaching job" but for the most important coaching position on the defensive side of the football, defensive coordinator.

Back
Top Bottom