Archer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Archer

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I have been reading Kentucky's message boards and there is strong speculation that he may be heading to Miami. I say this in caution because apparently it is anything but confirmed.
One interesting conflict at Kentucky is the possibility that Archer is unhappy he can not focus on a 3-4 defense at Kentucky due to lack of personnel. All speculation however. A add apparently has gone out for an assistant coach, but that is not necessarily tied to Archer. Go to Rivals.com and click the Kentucky link, then go to the football message boards.

By the way, this so called desperation issue is way over blown. All candidates for the DC position had other stong incentives for not taking the job. Grantham probably did what all of us would do if we were offered something only after others turned it down. He obviously wanted to be the first choice. No big deal there.

And for those of you that question Archer, do your homework. There seems to be a lot of impulsive posting on this board without looking at details.

Lee2000

I dont know much about Archer, except what I have read lately. But if Saban believes this guy is better than what we already have on board to be the next DC then lets give the guy a chance. I for one, didnt know much about Bates and I was very happy with hes results....so lets see!!!

I am still not sure he will come as DC he could still come as LB coach.

yeahh thats what i've read too... if he comes it would be as a DC.

Lee2000 said:
Grantham probably did what all of us would do if we were offered something only after others turned it down. He obviously wanted to be the first choice. No big deal there.
Granthem wasnt Clevelands first choice either, Mangini was- but he still took the job.

I think many of the candidates are shying from the Miami DC position because they know Saban will be very involved in the D.

Jnaledu3 said:
Granthem wasnt Clevelands first choice either, Mangini was- but he still took the job.

I think many of the candidates are shying about from the Miami DC position because they know Saban will be very involved in the D.
You're 150% absolutely right!! My gut tells me that these candidates feel that Saban may have too much say in the defensive and they prefer not to have that scenario.

Does anybody have any more updated info?

Jnaledu3 said:

I think many of the candidates are shying about from the Miami DC position because they know Saban will be very involved in the D.

Gassppp, air, Gassssppppp, aiiirrrrr, I aggggrrrreeeeee with Jnaledu3, gasssppp! :wink: :D

Can someone post some links to some UK's boards?

Crennel in cleveland will be just as hands on as Saban will be here.

I hate waiting games. I thought Saban was going to tell Archer today?

Back
Top Bottom